Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

zoidkirb wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:21 am Is it possible to print the output of a midi layer into ones daw? I'd like to capture the output of the ripchord/blue arp combination and edit the notes later in my piano roll.
Not Unify itself, as it can't transmit the arp midi to the output.

However, these two plugins themselves do output midi, you can load them into the daw and load up the presets they carry in Unify preset.

phreaque wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:50 am
zoidkirb wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 4:21 am Is it possible to print the output of a midi layer into ones daw? I'd like to capture the output of the ripchord/blue arp combination and edit the notes later in my piano roll.
Not Unify itself, as it can't transmit the arp midi to the output.

However, these two plugins themselves do output midi, you can load them into the daw and load up the presets they carry in Unify preset.
Ah cool , thanks. That will work. Hopefully eventually it's going to be possible for midi output though. I'd like to Unify as much of my workflow as possible :hihi:

emasters wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:39 am Shane - as you state, normally once a plugin is scanned, the subsequent scans go fast. With one exception -- the WavesShell with AU scanning...
...perhaps there's a way the to stop Unity from re-scanning WavesShell AU, once it's been done?
I'll look into this. Thanks for raising the issue; I wasn't aware of it.
-shane

I've put this on my (ever-lengthening) to-do list.
-shane

getdunne wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:04 pm
-shane
It must be a mile long by now!

tony10000 wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:25 pm
getdunne wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:04 pm
-shane
It must be a mile long by now!
I'd better be careful what I wish for then because it sounds like it might just come true :love:

Ok another request to throw on the pile: I am using some audio fx: Illformed Glitch 2 and Melda Mrythmizer. These plugins both utilize midi note input to dictate scene changes. Would it be possible to have the option for audio fx inserted on an instrument layer to have their own midi input options?

By a similar token it would also be cool to give the macro knobs their own midi input options too. I'm already successfully running Melda Mccgenerator in midi layers and inserting Lfo's into various parameters in my synths. I'd love to do the same with these macro knobs. The ultimate goal being to write Unify patches that are totally self sufficient and use as little as possible automation and modulation from the host Daw.

Cheers!

Using MCCGenerator is a neat way to have consistent LFOs within Unify, nice idea!

My question/wish is I'd find it really useful to be able to export layers and then import them.

No idea how to do that other than cloning an entire Unify preset to get at the layer(s) I want other than manually noting what is in each layer. I guess my moon on a stick ask would be for everything in unify to be importable/exportable as taggable named presets.

Will mention I'm having a few issues with some plugins, but I'll wait a month or two for fixes to roll out and only report them if I see no progress.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:58 pm Using MCCGenerator is a neat way to have consistent LFOs within Unify, nice idea!

My question/wish is I'd find it really useful to be able to export layers and then import them.

I'd Save Layer as preset…

Oh cheers David, that probably does most of what I wanted. It's basically to avoid the situation where you're 5 or 6 layers into a preset and then realise you'd like to add in something in a layer in another Unify preset. I'll have a play with the "Replace from layer preset" option.

Edit: Just been on. It's most of what I was after so I'll see how I get on with it.

On Skippy's YouTube I mentioned an issue where I didn't think the plugin search could look inside subfolders, but I've traced the issue and it seems to be a problem related to one of the VeeSeeVST Rack dlls - it was a very early version and since deleting it, all the other plugins are found fine.

Are you safe?
"For now… a bit like a fish on the floor"
https://tidal.com/artist/33798849

WatchTheGuitar wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 6:58 pm Using MCCGenerator is a neat way to have consistent LFOs within Unify, nice idea!
Yes it's working well as long as the synth (or even some audio fx) have the midi learn feature.

To Shane "getdunne" (Unify programmer)

Enjoyed the livestream today. Especially liked the drawbar organ MOrgan. HOWEVER,

Are my old eyes/ears deceiving me, or do you have the drawbars working backwards?

On a Hammond, when you pull OUT the drawbar (downward or towards you) it goes to max, then pushing it in (or up and away from you) it goes to the minimum.

In other words you pull the drawbar out for the maximum effect, and push back in to turn off.
MOrgan seems to be reversed... It seems to be doing this on the video.... :?:

I'm not a programmer, but I would assume it's an easy fix.
If the MOrgan drawbar is set to go from '1 to 100', reverse it go from '100 to 1' :tu:

It's at 36:20 on the video..
Regards,
Mike

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAqtCopaJAc&t=2180s

I agree the MOrgan drawbars look backwards from a Hammond perspective, but seem correct from a slider perspective. If the drawbars looked like Hammond drawbars, it would feel wrong, but they don't, so... personally, I can work with it either way. Sounds pretty good, but of course LOTS goes into a proper "Hammond B3/C3 Sim", but that's not really MOrgan's focus. The Leslie effect sounded pretty stereo limited!? (The stereo spread should ideally be adjustable, IMO) :tu:
Last edited by SciFiArtMan on Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I don't have that much experience with Unify yet. Is there a way to set the key trigger for the Guru Sampler to MONO, for non-overlapping sounds like bass guitar, synth leads, etc.? Thanks!

@mrsugmad, @SciFiArtMan yes, the MOrgan "drawbars" are actually plain sliders, hence upside-down compared to an actual Hammond organ. What you saw in the livestream was a VERY early-stage prototype. It will get nicer.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the livestream. Thanks for watching.

SciFiArtMan wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:31 am I don't have that much experience with Unify yet. Is there a way to set the key trigger for the Guru Sampler to MONO, for non-overlapping sounds like bass guitar, synth leads, etc.? Thanks!
I'm working on that right now! Next Unify release will feature a full mono/legato mode for Guru Sampler, with adjustable portamento. Stay tuned...

Return to “Instruments”