soothe by oeksound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
soothe

So no introductory sale for Soothe2 apparently?

I guess people who have already demoed Soothe will be able to demo Soothe2?

Presumably Soothe can increase resonances by using the delta function on a second track? With Unfilter sometimes I like to increase mid-low resonances while removing higher frequency resonances.
Last edited by Ou_Tis on Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theres a sidechain input now, so it can essentially achieve the trackspacer effect + more.

NeonNightflyer wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:41 pm Full frequency range plus lower CPU plus offline rendering? I would upgrade just for that.
Me too. Looking forward to the upgrade.

Does it work in dual mono?
I've been looking for a spectral compressor which does dual mono but couldn't really find it anywhere :neutral:

edited: actually now I remember, and "dual mono" was not the reason why I decided not to get Soothe1
Last edited by Niowiad on Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soothe2 seems to be available.

- extended frequency range
- attack/release parameters
- mid/side
- external sidechain
- lower cpu modes

It looks like a total must-have at this point.

A must have at €200...

Is it really that much better than TDR Nova GE?

(Please say no).

It just depends on what you're after.
Soothe does (surgical and convenient) spectral dynamic processing, Nova simply isn't a spectral processor.
But that doesn't mean spectral processing is all you need on every occasion, and I don't really plan on stop using Nova GE.

I've just been waiting for a spectral processor with unlinkable channels and didn't get Soothe1 because of few missing features which have been all surprisingly added in this update.
Then, of course, it might look like a "must-have" to me and not to others... people have been doing great without spectral processing for decades after all.

200€ is steep, but for what it's worth they did 33% off last black friday.
Last edited by Niowiad on Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

If they do something similar I’ll probably pick it up next sale then.

Yes, they're both frequency dependent dynamic processors after all.
At least in my view, there are cases when spectral processing may be overkill and I'll gladly use a standard dynamic eq like NovaGE (not to mention Nova also works as an expander).

And yes, I'll also probably wait for a sale.

Niowiad wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:49 pm It just depends on what you're after.
Soothe does (surgical and convenient) spectral dynamic processing, Nova simply isn't a spectral processor.
But that doesn't mean spectral processing is all you need on every occasion, and I don't really plan on stop using Nova GE.

I've just been waiting for a spectral processor with unlinkable channels and didn't get Soothe1 because of few missing features which have been all surprisingly added in this update.
Then, of course, it might look like a "must-have" to me and not to others... people have been doing great without spectral processing for decades after all.

200€ is steep, but for what it's worth they did 33% off last black friday.
They'll probably have an Easter sale comparable to their Black Friday sale in April (as they have for the past 3 years...).

Ok, I’ll probably go for it then. I do a lot of work specifically with generating resonance, and it’s key to be able to surgically isolate and tame harsh resonances.

I was using Soothe to rescue a hard rock mix for mastering that very harsh guitars. I tried Soothe 2 and found it even more capable of reducing the harshness without affecting the parts I wanted to keep. Soothe 2 can be set like Soothe 1, but it can dial in sounds even better, more accurate. The m/s is also helpful because I was already splitting wavs with msed just to use soothe on the center channel. This greatly improves workflow. Great developers that make a great product even better. Upgrade price is justified.

Reading great reviews all around. I’m looking forward to try Soothe2 and compare it with instances where I used version 1.

I use Soothe quite a bit for mastering tasks dealing with tracks that have harshness from primarily synths and electronic sources. It's an amazing tool. I bought the upgrade the day it released and have already used it a few times. Absolutely worth the upgrade for me just for the M/S mode alone. It'll pay for itself in no time at all.

Return to “Effects”