BlueARP VST Arpeggiator development - let's discuss! (Apple M1 ready, 4K)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
BlueARP

Kott wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:05 am VST2 and LV2 are most common, while LV2 is not supported in Reaper, Tracktion, Bitwig.
What framework do you use for Arpeggiator?
I use WDL-OL. It has templates for VST2, VST3, RTAS, AAX, standalone app, AU (Mac only). I added MIDI-FX for Logic which is basically AU with slightly different options.
Another thing I don't yet understand - are there any VST's compiled for Linux? Like for Mac - it is VST as well, but compiled with Xcode c compiler and it uses OS X Cocoa framework for GUI stuff. So code-wise core part is the same, but GUI part is different.

graywolf2004 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:05 pm
Kott wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:05 am VST2 and LV2 are most common, while LV2 is not supported in Reaper, Tracktion, Bitwig.
What framework do you use for Arpeggiator?
I use WDL-OL. It has templates for VST2, VST3, RTAS, AAX, standalone app, AU (Mac only). I added MIDI-FX for Logic which is basically AU with slightly different options.
Another thing I don't yet understand - are there any VST's compiled for Linux? Like for Mac - it is VST as well, but compiled with Xcode c compiler and it uses OS X Cocoa framework for GUI stuff. So code-wise core part is the same, but GUI part is different.
Well, after some more search - yes, there are VST plugins natively compiled for Linux
http://linux-sound.org/linux-vst-plugins.html

It would be nice to have a midi fx for Cubase on Windows as well

graywolf2004 wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:12 pm Well, after some more search - yes, there are VST plugins natively compiled for Linux
http://linux-sound.org/linux-vst-plugins.html
and on of them is made of WDL https://vidplayvst.com/linux.htm

graywolf2004 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 7:34 am 1. Do you use Force to scale feature?
2. If the answer is Yes - do you feel like it needs more scales?
I finally took my time to learn more about scales and I think it is worth adding
modes of the major scale (Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, etc.), cause they are pretty common.
Hi!

First I must say your arp is simply wonderful!!! My answer to both questions is YES, I'd love to use all the seven modes of the major scale. Also:

Could you add also those ones or at least the Arabian, Jewish and Gypsy II? Having custom scales would be awesome but I agree is harder to make it happen. Just one more thing: I know it's really hard to do so it'll have of course the lowest priority for you but could you consider someday adding a sequencer-like REC function? Or is it actually not worthy? The suggestion comes from my interest in live looping which I'd like to make based on MIDI programs instead of sound loops. Greetings from Argentina,

Daniel :tu:

How could you make convincing Mid Eastern scales without micro tuning?
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Hi, ...searching PDF
created a simple pattern, How to save it, and where is the best place to save user presets? ~ Thanks and Happy New Year!
sadicus | CbB 2023 - ASIO | win10 | Kontakt 6

sadicus wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:16 pm Hi, ...searching PDF
created a simple pattern, How to save it, and where is the best place to save user presets? ~ Thanks and Happy New Year!
2020-01-04 (1) x.png
Preferable to save presets & banks in the default location which is here:
Drive:\----- \Steinberg\VSTPlugins\BlueARP_Win_v2.2.10\Presets
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I dont have permissions to see the png image? What are the steps to save a custom preset?
sadicus | CbB 2023 - ASIO | win10 | Kontakt 6

sadicus wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:13 am I dont have permissions to see the png image? What are the steps to save a custom preset?
This is the KVR forum rules, you need to post more to see the attachments.

Anyhow, the way is to do this:

BlueArp main page, [Menu] --> Program --> Save to file (*.fxp)

This is a very good arpeggiator plugin. I'm glad to see it is still actively being developed and supported.

Hey,
I found bluearp two weeks ago, and I love it, it's much better than the built in arps in FL-Studio, (even in doing basic stuff like restarting on beat) and has such a ton of flexibility - awesome!

However, I've got one problem: The "input range mode" "pass thru / no arping" does not work for me, the notes get still arpred and reduced in gate time. When i set the input range mode to "truncate / default" it works and the notes are discarded completly, so the input range filter seems to be set correctly. Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

hi
where can I find more info about using "current chain" and the "program sequence" function?
thanks
starts with 'w' rhymes with 'anchor.'

heathen wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:56 pm hi
where can I find more info about using "current chain" and the "program sequence" function?
thanks
For the time being, stick to the manual.. But feel free to ask so we can discuss here. :tu:

heathen wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:56 pm hi
thanks
You saw the discussion on this in the middle of page 105, right?

Return to “Instruments”