Korg releases Korg Triton VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

There was some other minor UI fix alongside.

Tried demo finally, frankly quite confused due to lack of multi output, that bummer, while even in old M1 it's presented. For such engines imo this is important detail.

please don't buy it. let the rest of us enjoy it.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Wow so awesome more hardware synth companies need to do this!!

hmaringer wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:46 pm Wow so awesome more hardware synth companies need to do this!!
Its very likely they will.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

c_voltage wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:41 pm Tried demo finally, frankly quite confused due to lack of multi output, that bummer, while even in old M1 it's presented. For such engines imo this is important detail.
That would be nice, but multiple instances within your DAW could get around that.

EDIT: I just loaded it up and checked the RAM usage, and yes, it would be good to have those multiple outputs. AFAIK a multi/combi uses nearly the same RAM as just one patch (seems to be about 470 megs in standalone) so I guess it loads what it can all at once.

Hm, not over here. First instance is around 470 MB RAM, but other instances take a lot less, because it seems samples are shared between all instances. Now, if your host bridges plugins by default (Live, Bitwig), this data sharing won't happen. But as long as all Triton instances are hosted in the same process, samples should be loaded only once.

I see what you mean now, and you're right. :) I had been working with the standalone mainly and hadn't checked the RAM usage while using it in my DAW.

I just checked it out, and it was around 125 megs for the 2nd instance, which isn't bad at all.

I don't know if I would ever really use the GM Banks much, but I was wondering why many of those banks seem to be duplicates? Or at least the last 4 or 5 banks are anyway.

Because only some patches are different between them (patches prefixed with asterisk are the same as in the first GM bank). This is to provide General MIDI compatibility, if you send a wrong Bank Select MSB or a wrong program change, that you still get a valid sound playing.

Someone wake me up when it goes on sale for $50, please.

Introspective wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:46 pm Someone wake me up when it goes on sale for $50, please.
You don't need it if you think it doesn't worth anything more than $50 :wink:

Sparky77 wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:19 pm
hmaringer wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:46 pm Wow so awesome more hardware synth companies need to do this!!
Its very likely they will.
It'd be great to see Access get back in the Vst business. I loved their power core virus back in the days.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Is there a technical reason why Korg could not implement a solution to loading our beloved Triton user banks and patches?

Providing they did add user support for importing them..
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
johnwoo wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:22 am Finally !!! But no PCG import ? I have a Korg Triton Rack and a lot of soundbanks for this ...
I've looking where triton vsti writes patches. It saves them at

C:\Users\User\Documents\KORG\TRITON\Presets\Program\
and
C:\Users\User\Documents\KORG\TRITON\Presets\Combi\

Inside those folder there are a .patch file for each custom program or combi.

They are JSON files!!

Using the fantastic PcG java library from lelibby (http://members.chello.at/lelibby/ (http://members.chello.at/lelibby/)) it seems not very difficult to program a PCG<-> .patch files translator.

Regards!!

Return to “Instruments”