Your next guitar revisited

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are quite a few big retailers here who will ship guitars for free. I think the only musical instrument I ever paid shipping for was my piano, and that was $70, which is nothing considering the weight.

The only place I ever buy from that always has shipping is reverb.com, but then I’ve got some great bargains from there.

donkey tugger wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:58 pm
vurt wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:33 pm :lol: im just messing, it donks weapon of choice :)

i want a purple one too, but they only have a baritone one in purple grrr.
I have more than one cock? :o

Seek and ye shall find;

https://www.allegromusic.co.uk/shop/6-s ... tric-bass/

Bought my 12 string from these - all good.
will be ordering this one day soon. just trying to work out when im home for deliverance :hihi:
doooooom!!!!!

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

codec_spurt wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:56 am Got the standard six-string in 'Vibrant' Purple (not bell end purple)
Needed to have color clarified similar to donks... :hihi:

Really nice looking guitar though

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

codec_spurt wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:09 am The 1/4" jack cuts out a bit sometimes but hey ho, so does my 1000 bucks Gibson Les Paul.
With both of them there are a couple of things you could do.

Firstly, unscrew the jack and pull it out - tap the solder joints to the wiring with the tip of a screwdriver, and see if they are solid - might need to be resoldered if there's a dry joint (which might cut out on you when anything causes the wiring to be pushed/pulled). While the jack is out, push a lead into it and see if it fits snugly or if there's any play.

If there's too much play which might allow the jack socket assembly to not be in constant contact with the lead, try being it slightly to see if it can be tightened (but not over tightened). If so, you might have solved your problem, but if the assembly is easily bent, it might be cheap and it would be worthwhile getting a more reliable replacement.

Jack sockets are generally pretty easy fixes.

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dammit! OK, I may have a gear acquisition/purple Thunderbird guitarlust problem but I do have a guitar or two I can sell. Which helps me rationalize getting this, it should actually arrive before the bass I pre-ordered

Hey you made a great deal, trading paper for wood and steel like that.
She's a beauty!

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Umm-ing and ahh-ing about this which is 2nd hand locally;

dot.jpg
Perhaps the colour is not quite 'Fiesta' enough though.. :hihi:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

least that ones actually red...

debra1rlo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:46 am Dammit! OK, I may have a gear acquisition/purple Thunderbird guitarlust problem but I do have a guitar or two I can sell. Which helps me rationalize getting this, it should actually arrive before the bass I pre-ordered
its purple. whats to rationalise?

:love:

Last edited by debra1rlo on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A lovely red hollow body single cutaway Revelation popped up on the secondhand market. Prolly pretty cheap, not a well known brand over here.
My restraint has been admirable so far.

Return to “Guitars”