Best Delay Plugin?

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GS-201 is another good one ... Space Echo emulation. I wish GSi would update their spring reverb to 64 bit (and the fx scratchpad). :)

Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sound Toys Echoboy / Echoboy Jr.
Replika XT
Helix Native (delay pedal sims)

There isn't much I can't do with that combination!

echoing the recommendations of soundtoys and valhalla.

kind of interested in the d16 offerings, but haven't tried them yet.

Acustica Audio Lemon. For sure the best sounding delay. (and it's on sale right now)
More BPM please

i really like u-he colour copy. it sounds very creamy, but its heavily coloured.
And FF Timeless2... still great, for clean and silky sounds.

Yep EchoBoy is hard to beat, although it's sometimes not very intuitive. Awesome sounding though!

The best plugin for delay in my opinion is Valhalla Delay. It sound unbelievable natural.

Replika XT would be my desert island delay dela del de d ......

Calenberger wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:33 pm Replika XT would be my desert island delay dela del de d ......
Same here. I’d probably use it for everything if it was a little lighter on cpu. Audiothing space echo is the only delay I own outside of komplete ultimate. Been demoing Valhalla delay and while it’s pretty cool I have a few criticisms of some design decisions (no master volume, ducking being added as separate modes and replacing an existing control, and a couple other gripes).

Best freebies I’ve found are soundhack bubbler and Lagrange. I forget who made that.

And the king “do anything” delay seems to be Blue cat Late Replies. You can actually load other vsts into the feedback path. Now that’s cool. Haven’t bitten the bullet in that one just yet.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:46 pm
And the king “do anything” delay seems to be Blue cat Late Replies. You can actually load other vsts into the feedback path. Now that’s cool. Haven’t bitten the bullet in that one just yet.
lol that's pretty crazy.
i mean... lol

I like Valhalla, Colour Copy and AudioThing's Outer Space

uvi relayer. you guessed it. it was on sale.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Odd that logic’s delay designer is still one of the few multitap delay’s with pitch shift

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”