Chorus plugin that can output into separate DAW tracks

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I guess this could be done in KV Element
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

A chorus is made by sending the signal thru one or more time modulated delay lines and mixing the result back with the original signal before the output.
So what you need is a chorus/mod delay with one delay line which can be set to 100% wet. Place this on several tracks (with different time/mod settings) and send the input signal to all these tracks at once.
ImageImage

Ploki wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:23 am So you want an original and a copy that's slightly modulated and then processed further?

which DAW will you be running this in?
Exactly. Thanks :) I'm currently using Reaper

With Hofa System you can do super-easily what you want - however just within System, as it only offers two output channels. Depending on what exactly you want to do, even the free Basic version will suffice.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Thanks jens! 2 channels is a good start, but ultimately I'd like to try playing around with 3 channels

As I said, you can do that - the number of channels is theoretically unlimited - it's just that you have to do all the processing for the individual channels within System.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Thanks but I'm looking to use VSTs for that

But why? Your case is very special and I don't think there are any Chorus (or delay) VSTs that support this directly so there has to be some special routing and I would say it's a lot more convenient to do this in a modular host that has been designed to do things like that.

Of course a modular VST host would be another option.

Here, something like that might do the trick:

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/vstfor ... odschynski

setup a couple of mono inputs all set to the same input (whatever your input is), then put on a modulation delay on the "chorused" input and set it to 100% wet.
As chorus is nothing more than a +/- 10-30ms variably delayed signal mixed to the original.

pilau wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:09 pm I'm currently using Reaper
Then you don't even necessarily need a modulated delay but can use Reaper's parameter modulation to modulate it.

No_Use wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:23 pm Then you don't even necessarily need a modulated delay but can use Reaper's parameter modulation to modulate it.
Sounds great :)
I'm quite new to this, do you know if the parameter modulation can be used for live signal tracking or only for as playback automation?

I wonder if after separate processing of delayed versions phase relationship between them will be broken and chorus effect will cease, but it will be very interesting to try.

Thanks for everyone's help, I was able to implement something using Reaper's built in plugins! Now for some fun :)
Parameter_Modulation_Link_for_1__Length___ReaDelay_-__1__and_FX__Track_1_and_REAPER_Preferences_and__unsaved_project__-_REAPER_v5_978_64_-_EVALUATION_LICENSE.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Use Reason and you can do this with ANY plugin, so long as your route your cables correctly.

Return to “Effects”