Audio Damage Continua

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Beware, just my personal opinion when i look at all my other tools i already own.
I really like the GUI but the sound would be not even in my top 20. The included FX are so O.K. but this is one of the synth where i def. would want to bypass it after some seconds of most presets.
The reverb can sound lush but it does not sound good for me really.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:29 pm
wakax wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:12 pm obs:

I would say
it's designed for pads and ambient music mostly
and long evolving dirty soundscapes.
That's where it really shines!
And it does.
Desktop and iPad app is identical. Bought the iPad version to try it out to full potential including rather excellent sound bank from https://sonalsystem.com/collections/pre ... ducts/noir
For $7.99 iOS version it’s ok, but that’s about that...
Not buying desktop version I’m afraid...
They are not really 100% identical i think. As usual the iOS version has some limits.
F.e. 6 voices vs. 15. I wonder why they limit it also for the pro iPads? Because of the price. I think there are a few apps where you can add more voices with newer devices f.e.
Whatever....

Didn't except such a mundane & bland synth from Audio Damage. Sure, it's pure eye candy on the visuals but aurally, it's so sad it almost feels like it could have been released in 2007 or something. So basic in term of sound. Not sure it's gonna be a solid seller for AD. How about fixing their previous plugins still with bugs and issues instead? **cough cough Quanta cough**

Wow! Morphing waveforms? Holy shit! I never thought I'd see this in my lifetime.

masterhiggins wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:07 am Wow! Morphing waveforms? Holy shit! I never thought I'd see this in my lifetime.
lol....hard crowd....despite the architecture and synthesis method differences....to a lot of non synth afficianados, they all just sound like synths,...and most of them in the last ten years have "good enough" sound quality....so for a lot of those folks I've talked to it comes down to presets and the immediacy and invitingness of the UI.....i think straight forward wave morphing synths seem more intuitive for those people in terms of how what they are doing is affecting the sound....
Its great that there a lot of good options in this category....like glass viper, morphox, wiggle, waverazor, and syne
Last edited by bermudagold on Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

Which do you think is better worth the money, Continua or Cypher2? Both are on sale right now.

Where is Cypher2 on sale? It’s $199 at fxpansion.

perpetual3 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:39 am Where is Cypher2 on sale? It’s $199 at fxpansion.
On Roli website, but just for upgrades.

Cypher2, no doubt.

masterhiggins wrote: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:07 am Wow! Morphing waveforms? Holy shit! I never thought I'd see this in my lifetime.
Did you miss Wiggle? Also Biwigs oscillators can do that...
Crust, a little free gem can do this. All phase distortion is basically doing it as well.
If you’d stretch it, interpolating wavetables are capable of that also...
Your life time must be negative... :D

I really did not expect to see such a pile of negativity here. ...but perhaps I just underestimated the KvR crowd's ability to @#$& on new synths.

I didn't buy it, but that doesn't mean I would trash it. Not by any stretch of the imagination. It's a very nice synth, very classy. Excellent modulation (though I am not a huge fan of doing it with "popups," the system is quite powerful). The UI is very smooth and responsive and pleasing to the eye. I agree that the preset manager is weak, but this is really a minor thing; this is a single-page synth best-suited to immediate programming. The sound quality is quite good and the reverb is one of the best I've heard in a synth (it's up there with Spire).

Overall, an excellent synth and a solid choice for anyone looking for a capable VA.

Yes, the space is crowded with some excellent options, but, @#$& me, the folks here must have been dropped as children. Christ.

Relax. It’s ok to not like a synth and think it’s a pretty boring one and saying it in a forum. No stress there, don’t take that too seriously.

Introspective wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:44 pm I really did not expect to see such a pile of negativity here. ...but perhaps I just underestimated the KvR crowd's ability to @#$& on new synths.

I didn't buy it, but that doesn't mean I would trash it. Not by any stretch of the imagination. It's a very nice synth, very classy. Excellent modulation (though I am not a huge fan of doing it with "popups," the system is quite powerful). The UI is very smooth and responsive and pleasing to the eye. I agree that the preset manager is weak, but this is really a minor thing; this is a single-page synth best-suited to immediate programming. The sound quality is quite good and the reverb is one of the best I've heard in a synth (it's up there with Spire).

Overall, an excellent synth and a solid choice for anyone looking for a capable VA.

Yes, the space is crowded with some excellent options, but, @#$& me, the folks here must have been dropped as children. Christ.
I’m so sorry this is happening to you.

Introspective wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:44 pm Overall, an excellent synth and a solid choice for anyone looking for a capable VA.
I dunno... I wouldn't call it 'excellent'. I'd say it's decent enough but it's nothing special in today's market.

As for KVR being negative... I thought this was a relatively polite thread for KVR. Most people are saying it's just a lackluster synth by today's standards. I think that's fair enough.

We all got dropped as children... But there's obviously lead in the water 'round your area.

Cheer up chum!
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Introspective wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:44 pm I really did not expect to see such a pile of negativity here. ...but perhaps I just underestimated the KvR crowd's ability to @#$& on new synths.

Yeh totally agree, winging spoilt brats trashing peoples hard work.

Return to “Instruments”