One Synth Challenge #130: Phase Plant by Kilohearts (exponent1 Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Uh, wow, that's a very sweet move, THANK YOU! :hug:
What a wonderful surprise! I was already mourning the loss of my presets, but now they may live on and I can keep exploring, that's awesome! :hyper:
I'm also super happy for Ex and me. It's been terribly awkward and we're pretty much as close as it gets for OSClers. So, that's a fantastic relief! :phew:
Licenses have arrived here, too, already! Fantastic, thank you very much, Stu and the Kilohearts gang! :tu:
Certainly you can use my track, too, if you wish. ;)
(...why have I only now discovered "Phase Invaders" :lol: ?! Hilarious!)

I already have the Disperser license. That was in record time. :o
Thanks Stu. :tu:
I also authorize KiloHearts to use my track on your social channels. :phones:

StuSmith wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:02 am One last thing... is everyone cool for us to share your tracks on our social channels? They show a great variety of possibilities using Phase Plant. Let me know here if you'd rather we didn't, otherwise we'll look at sharing the playlist next week sometime. :love:
By submitting our tracks we've all agreed to allow them to be licensed in the archive as Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0. I would certainly consider them being used to promote a commercial product to violate the Noncommercial clause there. That said, I doubt if anyone would actually have objections. As Exponent said, it would be an honor. But I for one appreciate Kilohearts being good actors and ensuring they have the permission to use whatever tracks they feature, whether that is an explicit acknowledgement or simply more permissive license terms placed on a specific track.

And yes, Kilohearts does have my permission to use my track as an example. Simply sharing the playlist without a response from all parties seems a bit cavalier, though. I don't know. Maybe it depends on how it's shared.

I would also be happy to share my patches. I might want to do a little clean up first, though, and that can't happen until I take you up on that trial amnesty.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

I wouldn’t mind either, though Stu didn’t like my piece at all... :?

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:45 am I wouldn’t mind either, though Stu didn’t like my piece at all... :?
:(

I thought they were all great... but had to place them into some kind of order of preference.

Beginning to wish I hadn't voted at all.

FrogsInPants wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 3:15 am
StuSmith wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:02 am One last thing... is everyone cool for us to share your tracks on our social channels? They show a great variety of possibilities using Phase Plant. Let me know here if you'd rather we didn't, otherwise we'll look at sharing the playlist next week sometime. :love:
By submitting our tracks we've all agreed to allow them to be licensed in the archive as Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0. I would certainly consider them being used to promote a commercial product to violate the Noncommercial clause there. That said, I doubt if anyone would actually have objections. As Exponent said, it would be an honor. But I for one appreciate Kilohearts being good actors and ensuring they have the permission to use whatever tracks they feature, whether that is an explicit acknowledgement or simply more permissive license terms placed on a specific track.

And yes, Kilohearts does have my permission to use my track as an example. Simply sharing the playlist without a response from all parties seems a bit cavalier, though. I don't know. Maybe it depends on how it's shared.

I would also be happy to share my patches. I might want to do a little clean up first, though, and that can't happen until I take you up on that trial amnesty.
Ah! Thanks for the clarification there. I hadn't realised that was the case so it's good to know. We haven't actually made any plans with regards to how we would share them yet so I'll make sure the guys know about this and maybe we will set up something a bit more official, so it's all legit before we do anything. :)

StuSmith wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:48 am Beginning to wish I hadn't voted at all.
Please don’t feel bad about that! Its part of the game and is better feedback than have all “friendly” votes...

I’d love to see my pieces as much spreaded as possible of course. I guess thats true for most participants. If you just point to the Soundcloud playlist or tracks, all should be fine anyway. We agreed to that already via Soundcloud rules...
Though some pieces possibly vanish in the future...

I would love a chance to finish my track properly before you add it to the playlist! But I probably won't get a chance to do that until February because I'm super busy at the moment.

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:10 am If you just point to the Soundcloud playlist or tracks, all should be fine anyway. We agreed to that already via Soundcloud rules...
I don't think that's the case. By my reading of the TOS there, we grant access to other users and websites, but only within the license set on the track. ("Grant of License" section, second paragraph. "You can limit and restrict the availability of certain of Your Content to other users of the Platform, and to users of Linked Services, at any time using the permissions tab in the track edit section for each sound you upload...")
Though some pieces possibly vanish in the future...
Sadly true.
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

Ranoka wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:13 am I would love a chance to finish my track properly before you add it to the playlist! But I probably won't get a chance to do that until February because I'm super busy at the moment.
Stu said they zeroed the demo time for all of us, that means you could have another 10 days whenever you got time (as I understood it...)...
Its a bit spooky though, would PP work at all without internet connection?
I would not start another demo before MPE and other enhancements are implemented though...

Tj Shredder wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:23 pm
Ranoka wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:13 am I would love a chance to finish my track properly before you add it to the playlist! But I probably won't get a chance to do that until February because I'm super busy at the moment.
Stu said they zeroed the demo time for all of us, that means you could have another 10 days whenever you got time (as I understood it...)...
Its a bit spooky though, would PP work at all without internet connection?
I would not start another demo before MPE and other enhancements are implemented though...
I'm not concerned about that, I already own PP, I bought it just before the OSC was announced :D So I can improve the track at my leisure in that regards.
Being able to do FM on samples is an interesting thing to play with! Outside of OSC of course

Yes, why not. Please use the official release version which is https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/line ... achine-mix.
I've stripped the "robot voice" of for the challenge because using resynthesize with wavetables is not allowed in OSC.

@Stu … absolutely fine to use my track - always good to show the variety of music and sounds which your synth can make. Enjoy!

dB

My music is fair game for your use- it's under CC-BY license, so you are pretty much free to use it as you like, so long as you acknowledge that I made it.
If y'all would like the patches I made, I would be happy to send them your way as well. PM me, because I don't plan on scanning back to this thread any longer.
mostly here for the One Synth Challenge
you can hear some of my newest music at: https://wrenharmonic.bandcamp.com/ or https://www.youtube.com/@wrenharmonic

Oh, in case Kilohearts are interested in songs other than top5 as well then, sure, I'm completely fine that my track reaches more ears :D BTW while I was making this submission my initial w.i.p. version got featured in local university radio station. That was fun surprise.
YT | SC | FB | IG | earror :ud: KO :ud:

Return to “Instruments”