Dead Duck Deducktion updated to 1.2.3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Deducktion

Great, would be nice to make one od these skins default synth GUI! (Coloured skin especially.)
yzcoruhT

Yeah, I agree the single page layout should become the default one in Deducktion

I've updated all my skins to 1.2, as I had forgotten to add the resize icon! (it's fixed now) Sorry for that

I'll be releasing the white skin in the next couple days

:tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Guys, it'll take some more days than I thought, got some other things to deal right now.

Swatwork, I've been thinking, you should turn Deducktion into donationware. It's a really sweet synth, and you should open a channel to be rewarded for your work on it, just in case, I think it's well deserved.

On a side note, maybe some more presets and some new features (like hardsync) would drag more attention to it. Of course it's your baby, and only you can determine where you want to go with it. Consider all that a fan suggestion. :)

I'll try to find some time to gather all community presets done so far (they're not many) and organize them in category banks, that should help somehow.

Thank you. :tu:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

dionenoid wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:18 pm I realize this is freeware, but it would be nice if it actually could play notes tightly. Right now it has differences in playback of note length and timing.
The timing accuracy of MIDI notes has been improved in update 1.2.2.

swatwork wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:34 pm
dionenoid wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:18 pm I realize this is freeware, but it would be nice if it actually could play notes tightly. Right now it has differences in playback of note length and timing.
Cool, will check again :tu:
More BPM please

swatwork wrote: Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:41 pm
[...]
ozboomer wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:06 am I've uploaded the default theme as a standalone package to show the graphics and config settings needed to define a theme, with some basic notes to explain what the settings do.

https://static.kvraudio.com/files/2274/ ... _theme.zip
Many thanks... I have some studyin' t'do :)

The latest release (1.2.2) is a beaut, too.. but it's leadin' me t'think of some more options/customizations... but I'll shut my yapper (f'now)..... :D

Guys, do you think it's mature enough to be a contender in OSC? That would be a great way for getting more presets for it.

Excuse my ignorance... but I've found an anomaly... and I'm unsure if it's an issue for the developer or the 'thememakers'.

There seems to be an error in how the 'preset name' is displayed... and it only appears when you manipulate the image files or the 'Theme.cfg' file in a theme's directory.

Specifically, I've found this:-

...which seems to be about the 'preset name box' size... which I expect might be a function of the font size. Note that the 'jog' of pixels also appears on the bottom edge when editing the preset name.

I understand this is something trivial... but it's bugging me, as the 'background highlighting region' of this area of the interface (in both the 'Standard' and 'Single Page' views) seems to be something 'hard-coded' and not modifiable by manipulating the 'BackMain*.png' image files.

Apologies if this is posted in the wrong place... but I couldn't find anything specific about 'How to Use the Forums'.

Thanks.

ozboomer wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:53 am There seems to be an error in how the 'preset name' is displayed... and it only appears when you manipulate the image files or the 'Theme.cfg' file in a theme's directory.
Yes, there are a few things going on here, a combination of a bug and the quirks of the text edit control used for the preset name.

The way this is supposed to work is that, viewed normally, the preset number and name have transparent backgrounds and the PresetBack colour only becomes visible on the preset name when it is clicked into edit mode. In your example a bug is causing the number and text to display the background colour at all times; the misaligment between the two boxes is because of a layout quirk which causes the baselines of the number and name fonts to be out of line if the two boxes are the same height! To avoid this I had to make the boxes slightly different heights, this only becomes apparent when the preset background doesn't match the graphic background as in your exmple.

This background bug has been fixed and the 1.2.2 release has been updated, so if you want to try it out simply download it again.

This fix means the PresetBack config setting is now only displayed in edit mode and, due to how the edit control works, will ignore the alpha (transparency) value in the colour code provided. If you want a permanently coloured background behind the preset info you will need to draw it onto the background graphic image as required.

dionenoid wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:21 pm
Cool, will check again :tu:
Confirmed, midi accuracy is much better now. Good work. :tu:
More BPM please

There you go, guys, my white theme. I hope you like it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

That's super readable.

Return to “Instruments”