Virtual Audio Cable . Need solution .

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey All ,

I'm trying to record instruments like Alchemy etc that are logic exclusive into other DAW in my case Bitwig . I've tried Loopback Audio and Blackhole I am able to record everything as expected but I have
one nagging problem . I need to use click, metronome and it gets recorded too . anyone can think of workaround , solution? I'm on Mac tried setting up aggregate devise as well no luck .

anyone has suggestion as how to her click without being recorded with audio ?

THX

Since you have Loopback, the solution is pretty easy.

Create a new Loopback device. Add a second set of output channels. Add a Monitor for the device you want to hear the clicks on. Delete all connections from existing output channels to the monitor (by selecting the connection, and clicking the Delete button on the bottom-left). Create new connections from output channels 3 and 4 to channels 1 and 2 of your monitor device.

It should look something like this:

Then, in Logic, use the newly-created Loopback device as your output device. In the mixer, find your Click Track (the track with the Klopfgeist device) and change its output from "Stereo Output" to "Output 3-4".

Finally, in Bitwig, choose the Loopback device as your input device, and make sure you are only using inputs 1 and 2 on your audio track.

If you want, you could even record the click on a separate track in Bitwig by adding another stereo input (which will pick up channels 3 and 4 automatically) and setting another audio track to record from 3+4. This is probably a good idea anyway, because you are going to have latency issues with this setup. Recording the click track separately will give you the ability to line everything back up once you are done recording.

Anyway, with this setup, you have lots of choices. You can, for example, delete that monitor device in Loopback, and rely on Bitwig's monitoring of the additional channels.

Thx teilo , I wish we had those synth as stand alone so we could use it in our DAWs without unnecessary work arounds .

I load them into Mainstage. Don’t use Logic for that purpose. Mainstage is my standalone for Apple synths...!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”