So no selling Serum license anymore..

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have no clue how it works, but I was wondering if the company can sell to a EU resident and then deny a resale.

that EU law is often stated in regards to Image-Line FLStudio,
which will not be contested by Image-Line, but they will not transfer the license,
so you need to sell ur image-line account and the buyer uses your license name, without the transfer happening as far as IL are concerned

...but imo IL's policy is fine

Bummer, I'd been considering selling Serum over the weekend. Ah well, it was a good purchase when all is said and done.

Eh, I just started the three day trial on Splice this morning and came here to check the buy and sell to find out it can't be transferred. Serum seems like such a nice package for the price I'm not even mad.

As far as this topic... you've already bought it so he's not exactly losing out on a sale because you're mad is he?

It IS a nice package. It's just that I wanted to sell my license and few months back it was possible. Now without any notification my license turned to nfr and I didn't agree to buy 189$ nfr license.

Now that this is done by duda, people are like "poor baby we understand you". But imagine if this was done with discoDSP plugins.. It'd start a war. Anyone remember The Hunt when George made his disappearing? Poor bastards hideout was seeked and found in real life. Wonder no one went to stab him or anything since the rage was out of hands.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:13 am Now that this is done by duda, people are like "poor baby we understand you". But imagine if this was done with discoDSP plugins.. It'd start a war. Anyone remember The Hunt when George made his disappearing? Poor bastards hideout was seeked and found in real life.
Well, I don't think that was very fair and reasonable. One shouldn't take bad examples as a worthwhile way to deal with companies.

I can understand why people wouldn't want to buy from discoDSP anymore. In this case, you can consider for yourself whether or not you'd still want to buy from Xfer.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:18 am In this case, you can consider for yourself whether or not you'd still want to buy from Xfer.
199$ to buy nfr Nerve? No thanks :lol:

And no, I'm not trying make people hunt him. Just bringing up that it was stupid, unfair move and I'm not happy at all with it. I wish that he'd make some compromise and I could get rid of my license.

I don't think it makes sense at all.
Everyone that bought Xfer products before this change should still be able to sell.
There was no fair warning or disclaimer that our purchase would become nfr.
Why do customers that bought in good faith pay for someone else's bad actions ?

Basically he does the same to all those customers now.

It's these customers that helped building the hype and made it the must have synth it became.

That doesn't take the reason why he chose to make Serum NFR into account at all though.

nix808 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:12 am that EU law is often stated in regards to Image-Line FLStudio,
which will not be contested by Image-Line, but they will not transfer the license,
so you need to sell ur image-line account and the buyer uses your license name, without the transfer happening as far as IL are concerned

Nope, Image-Line deactivate the license if you do this.

Image-Line can find out if you sold your account by sending a fake link to the old email, once that link is clicked Image-Line deactivate your account. Seems to be a manual process and can happen weeks, months or years after the license was sold.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Might have to change the company name from Xfer to something else now.

Bit of an oxymoron that the company name is Xfer, and you are NOT ALLOWED to transfer your licenses.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Kongru wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:38 am
nix808 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:12 am that EU law is often stated in regards to Image-Line FLStudio,

Nope, Image-Line deactivate the license if you do this.

Image-Line can find out if you sold your account by sending a fake link to the old email, once that link is clicked Image-Line deactivate your account. Seems to be a manual process and can happen weeks, months or years after the license was sold.
So you’re saying you just need to set up a gmail account just to purchase from image-line and transfer that to the new owner as well? Problem solved.

I wanted to get rid of serum because It never makes it to my final projects, it always get replaced by some or other reason.

I am beyond pissed about this change of policy, the only reason I wen over and bought it was because I would be able to resell it if I didn't use it much.

Garbage developer.
dedication to flying

Serum is a fruckling masterpiece.

And at $190 it’s a buckling bargain too....

Whaaat? I never received any warning about this :o

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”