Why you left Bitwig?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I tried Bitwig demo and it's impressive by all means, but after checking the stats on the internet I see that it's popularity is not growing over time and even has a negative trend.
It means people "come and go", why they don't continue to use this DAW?
So, the question for those who used Bitwig for a while, what was the reason you changed the DAW?

Thanks.

Around V2 I have finished a song with it starting with excitement but towards the middle it was crawling due to GPU issues on Mac. Later it's been better I think, but the latest GRID centric updates (though very nice) did not make me return. So I happily bounce between Live and Studio One. But I still keep current and fiddle with it from time to time.

IMO everybody waits for a dedicated piano-roll and MIDI editing centric update or a "Bitwig 3.1 Composer-Focused Update: Top-3 Wishes Poll" update

viewtopic.php?f=259&t=525308
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=499400&hilit=poll

the targets of the last updates were the minority of the users, they have wanted to reach new users but lost the old ones
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Because Ableton?

Do any DAW have rising interest, just checked most of them, they peaked at one point and now are just decreasing, maybe again it's not cool enough to make music. :hihi:

roman.i wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:55 pm I tried Bitwig demo and it's impressive by all means, but after checking the stats on the internet I see that it's popularity is not growing over time and even has a negative trend.
Which stats?

important features missing from it like groove and audio quantization, comping etc. dunno why micro-pitch for ex. has higher prio than the mentioned basic ones
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:44 pm
roman.i wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:55 pm I tried Bitwig demo and it's impressive by all means, but after checking the stats on the internet I see that it's popularity is not growing over time and even has a negative trend.
Which stats?
https://trends.google.com/trends/explor ... y&q=Bitwig
Last edited by Kongru on Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Be sure to choose Worldwide and bigger time span.

Passing Bye wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:45 pm Google Trends
https://trends.google.com/trends/
:dog:

No, seriously, you think you can read a trend about a DAW becoming unpopular out of the amount of Google searches? That's absolute nonsense. Check it for any DAW out there, and the result will be exactly the same.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:54 pm
Passing Bye wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:45 pm Google Trends
https://trends.google.com/trends/
:dog:

No, seriously, you think you can read a trend about a DAW becoming unpopular out of the amount of Google searches? That's absolute nonsense.
Agree, but have you met OP? :hihi:

Passing Bye wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:55 pm Agree, but have you met OP? :hihi:
Not so often, maybe that's the problem. :D

I would really be interested in some hard stats about market share of the DAW's. But, I would have no idea where to look for such infos, and, I doubt they're really available somewhere. My feeling says that Bitwig is indeed one of the smaller players, but then, they're not in the market for so long, and, their approach is pretty unique as well. I really don't know if many people have "left Bitwig", and, I#d especially refrain from claiming so judging by Google Trends, which is really merely a meter of what people search for, not what they use, or what they want.

Spot on!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”