Re: Does anyone know if this considered "cheating" or nor

Chords, scales, harmony, melody, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi guys, so I am thinking of selling a song to audio network and towards the end of the song, I transposed it. Do you guys think it is considered cheating? Thanks! :)

Uh, no?
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

Whatever it so it's only cheating if you get caught. :lol: :lol: :lol:

transposed up or down?

Cheater :o
Signatures are so early 2000s.

Considered cheating by who?

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:13 pm Considered cheating by who?

Forgotten wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:13 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:13 pm Considered cheating by who?
why are peter cooke and dudley moore at that man and womans wedding?

Who knows?

I suppose the actual question regards simply lassoing a section in the piano roll and using its transpose tool. IMO just do it if that’s your idea.
Usually the result is just cornball, but I heard one the other day, the chorus up one tone, blatant, that really worked for me.

One day, mark my words, this will be achievable just by thinking it. There are implants working already.
Everybody wants labor-reducing tech, yeah?

Relying on an algorithm so you don’t have to be arsed to get your own ideas is cheating, but who is cheated?

Such a transposition, simply modulating up for no reason other than to add interest, is called the "Manilow Modulation." (For quite obvious reasons, if you were around in the '70s.) It's also called the "truck driver's modulation," because it's like kicking the key into another gear. It definitely counts as cheating — but hey, if it works, it works. And when you write the songs the whole world sings, you can do any damn thing you like, as people named Mandy who can't smile without you might say. Gee, it's fun making these sly references!
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Well, it is kind of just lazy.

Just don't over-do it, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ob7vObnFUJc
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “Music Theory”