Why you left Cubase

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would like to know why you left Cubase, any good memories? What were some of things you didnt like about it around that time? Got a favorite version? Mine was 6.

ls1xxx wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:42 pm I would like to know why you left Cubase, any good memories? What were some of things you didnt like about it around that time? Got a favorite version? Mine was 6.

I left Cubase because there's Studio One. :D

I don't actually know. I love Cubase, but it never felt "right" to me.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

chk071 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:44 pm I left Cubase because there's Studio One. :D
I'll tell ya man I've tried Studio One and I really want to like it but just cant get used to the midi editor. Looks really good though :tu:

Fair enough. :) If there wasn't Studio One, I'd happily go on using Cubase. Both very good applications IMO. Studio One just works a bit faster, feels more streamlined, and doesn't include so many things I probably will never need, and that's why I switched.

You also feel that there's some legacy stuff in Cubase, which should be modernized. I'm sure it will be, but, with that feature set, it's normal that there's many "leftovers", which can't be updated by tomorrow.
Last edited by chk071 on Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kongru wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:45 pm I don't actually know. I love Cubase, but it never felt "right" to me.
Left or right - it is confusing! :help:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Cubasis AV was my first real DAW on the PC in the late 90ies.
Confusing, tons of windows, somehow non-musical, worked somehow but felt super clumsy, more like a spreadsheet really. Inspiration factor Zero.
Kept at it till Cubasis VST 3.5. Got even worse over time.
Then found Ableton Live.
Never looked back (in fact I did, several times when I got Cubase light versions with another product, each time with the same conclusion: still as clumsy as in the last century, even some of the (many) windows I remembered are still there :dog: ).
The company itself felt/feels just as clumsy, as do their installations and support...
Not my world ;-)

Edit: Then came Bitwig, so I left Ableton for good.

Cheers,

Tom
Last edited by ThomasHelzle on Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

eLicenser Dongle

ThomasHelzle wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:50 pm Cubasis AV was my first real DAW on the PC in the late 90ies.
Confusing, tons of windows, somehow non-musical, worked somehow but felt super clumsy, more like a spreadsheet really.
Kept at it till Cubasis VST 3.5.
Then found Ableton Live.
Never looked back (in fact I did, several times, each time with the same conclusion: still as clumsy as in the last century.
The company itself felt/feels just as clumsy.

Not my world ;-)

Cheers,

Tom
Same for me, used it back in the 90s but it felt kind of confusing already back then.

I've been seeing the new UI and it looks even more confusing than it did in the 90s... and yes, the company also feels clumsy even for someone like me who lives only a couple of kilometers away from their offices.

ThomasHelzle wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:50 pmThen found Ableton Live.
Aren't you using Bitwig now? Or have you moved on to something else? You're not active on the sub-forum like you used to :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I left Cubase because they stopped developing for the Atari ...

antic604 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:12 pm
ThomasHelzle wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:50 pmThen found Ableton Live.
Aren't you using Bitwig now? Or have you moved on to something else? You're not active on the sub-forum like you used to :)
Yeah, should add that above.

No, still love Bitwig as much as ever, just read enough silly forum posts to last a lifetime and so laid down my moderator role a year ago. Now I only read what I'm actually interested in :-)
B.l.i.s.s. :hug:

Cheers,

Tom
Last edited by ThomasHelzle on Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

I left Cubase 8 for Cubase 8.5, then I left Cubase 8.5 for Cubase 9, then Cubase 9 for Cubase 9.5, then 9.5 for 10 and recently I left Cubase 10 for Cubase 10.5 :P

Back in the nineties I left Cubase for Atari because I bought a PC :hihi:

Kongru wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:49 am
antic604 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:21 am I got myself Cubase. And was miserable using that clunky, bloated and confusing PoS.
Go start a Why You Left Cubase? thread :D
Say NO to CLAP!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”