donkeyt - shithouse - lofi-ish

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Another short, slightly off-kilter one I think. This was for this month's FL forum contest where the restriction is that you could only use the 'FLEX' sinthesiser/sample player and drums and vocals (if you want).

www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/donkeyt-shithouse.mp3

The title comes from a conversation I had with a slightly potty old lady in Oldham hospital a few years ago whilst waiting for a taxi with my mum, who was being discharged...

"Where are you going?"

"To Shaw Edna"

"Can I come?"

"No sorry, you've got to stay here"

"You know what you are don't you...You're a shithouse"

Which was nice... :scared:

As usual probably needs some tweaking etc...

Ooh, DT has gone all synf. Shocking!

That noisy thing has a few rather loud crackles here and there that I found a bit distracting. Not sure whether you can do anything about that or not.

donkey tugger wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:11 pm As usual probably needs some tweaking etc...
The old lady or the song?

Normally, I don't like things with such severe restrictions, but you pulled it off. Why am I not surprised? Well done, as usual.

Sounds great and it reflects the conversation beautifully. Nice vocalisations and effects too!
Well done. :)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

sjm wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:57 pm Ooh, DT has gone all synf. Shocking!

That noisy thing has a few rather loud crackles here and there that I found a bit distracting. Not sure whether you can do anything about that or not.
The bitchrushing etc is all done with the distructor effect, so it's not part of the sounds themselves. I might tone it down just a bit...

Forgotten wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:58 pm
donkey tugger wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:11 pm As usual probably needs some tweaking etc...
The old lady or the song?
I don't think she was up to twerking, with the walking frame and that. Never know though.... :o

wagtunes wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:24 pm Normally, I don't like things with such severe restrictions, but you pulled it off. Why am I not surprised? Well done, as usual.
Cheers, always good to try something a bit different now and again!

Allomerus wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:06 am Sounds great and it reflects the conversation beautifully. Nice vocalisations and effects too!
Well done. :)
Cheers, glad you liked it.

Brilliant and very original. I enjoyed the lo-fi sounds. :tu:

The consistent high quality of DT tracks is impressive.

Frantz wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:43 pm Brilliant and very original. I enjoyed the lo-fi sounds. :tu:

The consistent high quality of DT tracks is impressive.
Thank you sir!

Trying to do the rounds in the Cafe. First up, DT... Enjoyed very much, great production as per. Sounded very BOC at the start (which is my cuppa) then your very original sounding voice takes over, Awesome stuff! My only gripe I wished it was longer. :tu:
The inner workings of vurts mind are a force to be reckoned with.
music is a need in my life...yes I could survive without it but tbh I dont know how
myfeebleeffort
https://paulroach2.bandcamp.com/
https://hearthis.at/83hdtrvm/

donkey tugger wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:49 am
sjm wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:57 pm Ooh, DT has gone all synf. Shocking!

The bitchrushing etc is all done with the distructor effect, so it's not part of the sounds themselves. I might tone it down just a bit...
There's just one or two places where it really dominates and pops out (swidt?); 99% of the time it's fine.

Excellent.
I could imagine this being played on BBC Radio6
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Had an Air-ish feel to it too. Quite enjoyed that surprising toon Tugs

Return to “Music Cafe”