Korg releases Korg Triton VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
KORG Collection

As a long time triton classic, then triton extreme user with many user patches created, I am also a little peeved i cannot import them. It should be possible to load as many banks (program and combi) into this thing as needed so that i can transfer my hard work! Korg really needs to step up on this one! Having said that, I am pleased that they (finally) created this so i don't have to use that crappy action with the "too thin" keys anymore. I have purchased!
DW

BTW, i have the global setting for arps turned off, yet they are still firing off when changing patches. Seems like a bug

If u want a triton buy a korg micro x even comes with a vst and loads patches from triton hardware.

http://www.vintagesynth.com/korg/micro-x

boombaxx wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:33 am If u want a triton buy a korg micro x even comes with a vst and loads patches from triton hardware.

http://www.vintagesynth.com/korg/micro-x
And you can almost fit it in your pocket.
(I saw one used for $222, mmmm)

Speaking of the global arpeggio settings. I've mapped Arp On/Off - CC#58 to a button in my controller. This works great for firing up/off the arpeggio for a combi. I don't see where or how to map the other two global arpeggio settings ( GATE OFFSET and VELOCITY OFFSET ). I'm likely looking in the wrong manual?? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers -
Joe

Hi everyone, this might be a bit of a weird question but try to bare with me.
First off I should mention I am visually impaired, so my ability to use the Triton vst interface is limited, hence I have not really been able to make too much headway on this on my own.
My journey through Korg sounds has been pretty sparse; my only Korg experience was an x5d which I started out with in school. It was on that keyboard, as well as a Yamaha PSR at home, where I got to make music with multitimbral synthesizers i.e. setting channel 1 to piano, channel 2 to strings, channel 10 to drums etc. and either recording something on those channels with the internal sequencer, or in my case, using an external sequencer to control the synth. I still prefer making music this way because I find DAWs intimidating, though I'm slowly learning my way around Reaper and using vsts more. But I'm more comfortable with oldschool multitimbral midi sequencing for now.

I was wondering if the Triton vst could be set up this way. I've heard the M1 vst can, though the M1 only has 8 parts. I don't have any personal experience to back that up though, I'm just going by what a friend told me. Being as powerful as it is, I'd imagine the Triton hardware supported this and I was hoping the software does too.

I read the Triton manual to try to figure out what the different modes were. It mentions program and combi mode, but on my X5DR at least, those modes were designed for live play on 1 channel. The Triton vst manual seems to make no mention of a multi mode, sequencer mode etc. leading me to believe that you just can't do this unless you use multiple instances of the vst, which works, but goes well above and beyond what having a single synth would feel like, not to mention I don't know how a dozen Tritons stacked would treat my machine! I tried the Triton demo but it seems to be in program mode, and I'm unable to figure out how to change it or if it can do what I'm asking.

As an aside, everything I've said about the triton applies to the Wavestation too, since I'm curious about that but never tried it. can either the Triton or Wavestation be multitimbral in this way?

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Has anyone tried loading 3rd party banks into Triton?

I failed to find any hint this might be possible.

Yet it's fine with MI/WS?
Mac M2 Studio Ultra, UAD Apollo Quad, Neumann/Genelec monitors, Logic Pro X, Ableton

Plugin currently doesn't support importing sysex or PCG.

raygrote wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:47 amI was wondering if the Triton vst could be set up this way. I've heard the M1 vst can, though the M1 only has 8 parts. I don't have any personal experience to back that up though, I'm just going by what a friend told me. Being as powerful as it is, I'd imagine the Triton hardware supported this and I was hoping the software does too.
Triton has 8 parts too in Combi mode, just like M1 or X5D.

Perhaps I didn't explain clearly... I'm not asking about combi mode. Basically I'm looking for a way to use a multi mode where each part is assigned to a midi channel. It's the kind of mode you'd use if you wanted to play, for example, a gm midi sequence, or some other midi sequence created for the synth. On the x5 series you could get into multi mode by pressing global/multi iirc.

Right now I'm most interested in the Triton vst, but am curious about whether Wavestation and M1 vsts can do this too. Heck the Triton even has GM banks, which strongly suggests to me that the hardware at least was meant to do it.

You can do that in Combi mode - each part can be set to respond to a different MIDI channel. M1 can do it too, but Wavestation cannot.

EvilDragon wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:01 pm Plugin currently doesn't support importing sysex or PCG.
Whoah, what a bump. I immediately start to lose interest even more. It seems vastly overpriced for what it is, I know the architecture is more advanced and filters are better BUT the basic sample set is not equal to the stellar M1.

M1 stands up against Omnisphere at a fraction of the CPU, this has a few nice pads but the 'real' instruments are waaaay out of date.

Just my feeling after checking out the demo.

I might buy this at $25. Otherwise gimme Dune 3.
Mac M2 Studio Ultra, UAD Apollo Quad, Neumann/Genelec monitors, Logic Pro X, Ableton

It's totally not overpriced, considering how much the hardware unit costs along with all expansion cards.

You don't buy or use Triton for "real instruments". It was not great at them even when it was new. Basic sample set is vastly superior to M1, both in breadth and audio quality :)

The M1 sample set being better than the Triton’s? :o

Ok... have you played either of them? Maybe if you’re looking for certain dated sounds from the 80’s but the Triton greatly expanded on everything the M1 could do.
W11 i9-13900K, 64GB Cubase, UAD/Motu Monitor 8 front end and more plugins then I ever actually need :D

slaambo wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:42 pm Has anyone tried loading 3rd party banks into Triton?

I failed to find any hint this might be possible.

Yet it's fine with MI/WS?
Yes, they load fine, at least the set I purchased:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1iVP5g ... e=youtu.be

Return to “Instruments”