Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Ok, bummer then. I hope you receive an answer soon.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

thank you starflakeprj

D.K Envelope wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:35 pm hi "djmce"
its a shame
they want our money and we received a pack that are not working
i wrote them 2 week ago no respond instead to change their protection they can do work better
the protection get soon cracked so it make no sense to invest all the energy to make a new protection

i want my money back
It might be a shame. It is one preset out of many from all factory and my 7 expansions...
It is still my go-to synth since a long time.
We are using WIBU in our company as well. I evaluated a software protection for my former company too. I had intensive exchange with WIBU at that time. About 8 years ago. It is very well known in other industries. It was never cracked. They put a lot of effort into that. If you implement it correctly in your application, you're save. However, if you add some loopholes in your application by accident while utilizing the WIBI libraries, you might get cracked. Regardless of the used protection.
My computer shows currently an idle time of 152 hours and all 3 WIBU tasks together 35 seconds only. So there is no performance impact. I trust WIBU a lot, based on my own experience.
But I guess Vengeance doesn't trust too much as they implemented time based licenses which need to be reissued in 3 month. WIBU allows better...
Cubase Pro 10.5.12 @ Windows 10 Home v1909 @ i9-9900K 32GB @ Gigabyte Z370 HD3P
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcLk3l ... gPCNegk5gw
https://soundcloud.com/dj-mce-1

My final thoughts on VPS Avenger:

I find VPS Avenger pretty unusable, since with a lot of presets, it will CPU spike / audio drop out like hell, as soon as you add it to any project. I use a lot of cpu intense plugins, and VPS Avenger is the only one causing such dropouts. For composition, a latency of 40ms++ is not suitable at all (only for VPS Avenger). This also happens even on highest end machines (my is high end) and on Windows/Mac, so pretty much caused by poorly coded performance. Might be some copyprotection based, like decoding samples on the fly, live or something... Why are the samples even encoded? You can easily record all the samples digitally and then reuse it, without quality loss, so why that protection at all?

So three points make VPS Avenger an unusable synth for me:

1. Very poor performance, which could be considered as a bug ("cpu spikes")

2. Ugly overprotection making normal handling a mess (e.g. sharing presets, samples, poor performance). More development time seems to go into the protection than the actual product :dog:

3. Next to a kind support at least sometimes, very stubborn attitude of the team, like "the world has to change like we want, not we have to adapt to it". This leads into ridiculous discussions in here and a lot of problems.

VPS Avenger could be easily an extremely good synth. But it isn't, because above points, and it seems that this also will not change at all. I actually recommended this synth to a lot of people, maybe 20 sells go to my account. Now I actually feel kind of ashamed that I caused a lot of hassle to the people with this recommendation.

And this is no ranting, but a logical conclusion after 2-3 years of waiting. Time to move on for me, and I recommend doing the same to you.

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:52 am My final thoughts on VPS Avenger:

I find VPS Avenger pretty unusable, since with a lot of presets, it will CPU spike / audio drop out like hell, as soon as you add it to any project. I use a lot of cpu intense plugins, and VPS Avenger is the only one causing such dropouts. For composition, a latency of 40ms++ is not suitable at all (only for VPS Avenger). This also happens even on highest end machines (my is high end) and on Windows/Mac, so pretty much caused by poorly coded performance. Might be some copyprotection based, like decoding samples on the fly, live or something... Why are the samples even encoded? You can easily record all the samples digitally and then reuse it, without quality loss, so why that protection at all?

So three points make VPS Avenger an unusable synth for me:

1. Very poor performance, which could be considered as a bug ("cpu spikes")

3. Next to a kind support at least sometimes, very stubborn attitude of the team, like "the world has to change like we want, not we have to adapt to it". This leads into ridiculous discussions in here and a lot of problems.

VPS Avenger could be easily an extremely good synth. But it isn't, because above points, and it seems that this also will not change at all. ........................

And this is no ranting, but a logical conclusion after 2-3 years of waiting. Time to move on for me, and I recommend doing the same to you.
Right with you there. My experience too, albeit a few months not 2-3 years.
rsp
sound sculptist

For me it is a real hell to work with this plugin, every time I try to make some sound with it eats the cpu. Maybe it's my PC but I have Omnisphere and Falcon and I work well with them. A big disappointment. They are very good that they add things, but I prefer that it is well optimized.

On what CPU's are you sitting on then? did you set in the bios cpu cores to always run at the maximumo frequency?

Sure, its not easy on CPU, but its very usable even on my old 4790k CPU, can use up to 10 instances at the same time.

I suspect you are using a higher sample buffer size than some of the rest of us.
rsp
sound sculptist

No issues with a 9900k at least :D

Can it be the graphics card? I have a little old.

zvenx wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:03 pm I suspect you are using a higher sample buffer size than some of the rest of us.
rsp
No, im using average sample rate of 256 samples

carlosigls wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:09 pm Can it be the graphics card? I have a little old.
No, it doesnt impact performance

Elektronisch wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:45 pm
zvenx wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:03 pm I suspect you are using a higher sample buffer size than some of the rest of us.
rsp
No, im using average sample rate of 256 samples
whereas I am using 64.
I couldn't play at 256 generally.
But as Hanz said, they expectation may be to change your workflow to accommodate it. For me. Hells no!!

rsp
sound sculptist

Still working with 1.4 , i don t trust in the new licence system...

I've never had any issues working at 256 (either technically or playing-wise). Never understood the obsession with very low buffer sizes. I worked for a while at 128 because I mostly could, it made no practical difference to me in playing but created performance-issues occasionally. No CPU issues with Avenger especially, some other synths are a little thirstier.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Return to “Instruments”