One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want a synth that is actually fun to use.

Who doesnt :)

AnnaKl wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:39 pm Who doesnt :)
Eh, fun is relative. Welcome to the OSC.

AnnaKl wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:39 pm Who doesnt :)
Of course :D
But one person's 'fun' is another's 'nightmare' :ud:

I find it lots of fun exploring strange limited synths to find sweet spots and interesting sounds. That is one of the reasons I do OSC every month! If it was a pro quality synth all the time, it would take some of the fun out of it, for me.

Anyone saying they want a synth that is 'acutally fun to use' - great, agreed, sounds like a very good idea - and what is 'fun' for you, in an OSC synth?

Just to be clear, I was just being sarcastic. I have made music with all the synths, frustrating or otherwise.

exponent1 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:51 pm Just to be clear, I was just being sarcastic.
You mean, you don't want a synth that is actually fun to use then :o :wink: :lol:

Hehe, it doesn't matter to me honestly. I find fun and happiness in creation, no matter the effort.

Same here, that's what it's all about :hug:

zerofox97 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:21 am Can we use something else? I want a synth that is actually fun to use
There is something I do not understand. You proposed this synth in December:
zerofox97 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:45 pm https://sites.google.com/site/digitalsy ... e/syncla-x How about this for next month?
But I haven't seen your submission on OSC-131 yet. Or it was not fun enough. :wink:

I agree with you, the synthesizer should be interesting! On the other hand, when it has quite a lot of features, like big commercial synths, the same magical music bomb from Jasinski (or any other member :hihi: ) won't make you as shocked to exclaim "how the hell did he just do that?! :o ". True magic can get lost in ready-made magic kits...
In fact, after the simple, you want the complex, after the FM, you want an analog, and the essence of the "call" is that they are always different!) Someone is closer to one, someone else, I do not understand any of them at all, so I am interested in all :lol: (except commercial, I still can not buy...)

L-EctroBit wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:00 pm
zerofox97 wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:21 am Can we use something else? I want a synth that is actually fun to use
There is something I do not understand. You proposed this synth in December:
zerofox97 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 7:45 pm https://sites.google.com/site/digitalsy ... e/syncla-x How about this for next month?
But I haven't seen your submission on OSC-131 yet. Or it was not fun enough. :wink:
It wasn't. I came in hopeful, gave up because I was too frustrated
It's very tasty, I swear!

I just couldn't be arsed to do a track with the Sylca. Maybe the next OSC could have something a bit less janky?

I started one in the beginning of January but the past few days I just felt not a strong desire to f**k around with the synth in Reaper. It's not a horrible synth or anything. Well, it is. But still, you can make good stuff with it. That's part of the fun of the challenge I guess, stretching the tools.

To each their own. Just to be honest, thinking about opening up the project and having to f**k around with Syncla was enough of a turn off for me that I just decided to let it go.

Not a synth-related comment, but: It just occured to me, are there any OSC regulars on Twitter (it's more or less the only social media I use myself, hence no mention of Insta, Snap, TikTok or whatever :D)??

Might be a dangerous thing to ask - we really shouldn't start judging each other on politics, religion or anything like that. But every now and then I tweet something on my creation process or about music in general, and I'd be curious to know if any of my OSC friends were out there doing the same?

No biggie, I'll just add my Twitter handle to my signature - do the same if you want to connect!
All Ted Mountainé's Songs on Spotify | Soundcloud | Twitter | His Latest Videos
The Byte Hop, the virtual home of Ted Mountainé – news as they might have happened.

kraftraum wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:19 pm Hello nice OSCler,

I am sorry that you could not read or hear from me for a long time.
The last months have been up and down in my private environment, with painful things that have happened :(

The decision therefore meant for me that the music has to be put back.

Therefore, please do not be surprised if I only occasionally look over to enjoy your music and the comments.
If I find time (like now on vacation), I am also happy once again to create a piece of music (if the synthesizer fits :wink:

A nice greeting from the music room
Kraftraum
Dude, I know the feeling. After a long period of having to walk away, I'm just now starting to create again with some regularity, although now I'll likely be sticking to Music Cafe contests (unless a particularly compelling synth pops up in the ol' OSC). Good luck with all the things, as they say, this too shall pass!

gorgorgathgorgorgor wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:20 pm Dude, I know the feeling. After a long period of having to walk away, I'm just now starting to create again with some regularity, although now I'll likely be sticking to Music Cafe contests (unless a particularly compelling synth pops up in the ol' OSC). Good luck with all the things, as they say, this too shall pass!
Thx Dude. Terrifying that my comment is 7 months old. It took me a long time for the sad things.
Have a great Day
Kraftraum
https://soundcloud.com/kraftraum
-8<-------------------
Take it or break it!

Return to “Instruments”