Greatest VST Phaser

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I’d say check out d16 godfazer and u-he uhbik phaser.
They’re both very juicy. Uhbik is cleaner but has more stages (up to 42)

dislike
Last edited by codec_spurt on Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I use D16 Fazortan as of now.

Godfazer didn’t seem enough of an “upgrade” to bother, or I’d be using that.

Would love to see a revival of Smart Electronix Supa Phaser - one of the best plugin phasers ever, dead or alive, paid or free.

Bram actually open-sourced it some time ago, but as far as I know there is no pre-built 64bit version available. Anyone?

https://github.com/bdejong/smartelectronix

I've got brams supaphaser and it is 64 bit here.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:58 pm I've got brams supaphaser and it is 64 bit here.
:hyper: Really? Where do you got it from? Did not find a 64bit version anywhere. Could you send it to me or upload it for all of us? That should be okay ever since it's open-sourced.

Izak Synthiemental wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:08 pm
:hyper: Really? Where do you got it from? Did not find a 64bit version anywhere. Could you send it to me or upload it for all of us? That should be okay ever since it's open-sourced.
Here: https://dl.bintray.com/bdejong/Plugins/
'He craved immortality so much, he was prepared to die for it.'

Thank you so much!

I always liked Reason’s phaser. I don’t have the latest version but I assume that with the racK you can now use the Reason phaser in any DAW.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:50 pm I use D16 Fazortan as of now.

Godfazer didn’t seem enough of an “upgrade” to bother, or I’d be using that.
Maybe because it's not an upgrade to Fazortan at all, but rather its own complete product?
Godfazer has multiple chorus+ensemble engines inside it, as well as a rotary sim, to be used in conjunction with its phasers (and its filters) all of which, together with its extensive modulation options (including a step sequencer mod source), make it an entirely different beast than Fazortan, which is, as you know, just a phaser with a filter, and doesn't have any of that stuff.

I tried Godfazer and Fazortan yesterday and Godfazer... is so much more than Fazortan. also sounds juicier.

https://bomshankamachin.es/plugins/aardvarkkPhaser

As to be expected, given the dev is an established artist in the psytrance scene himself, aardvarkPhaser is quality for cutting, electric/sizzling psychedelic phaser colouring. It's a great compliment to PhaseMistress, which in my opinion, is a bit more creamy/melty.

It's very affordable too, with good support, free updates for life and a friendly copy protection system, for those that care about that sort of thing.
Always Read the Manual!

Reason's Sweeper is pretty sweet - and as is usual for Reason's native devices, it takes barely any CPU at all.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

just beat me to it, pie... definitely phasemistress and aardvarkkphaser. phasemistress handles the rhythmic stuff perfectly, but the aardvarkk gives a really bright glassy sound that i love too.

Return to “Effects”