Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

Viper is available as x64 so not a same story 8)

SynthEdit exports 64-bit Win/Mac plugins, so even if Genesis Pro starts as a 32-bit only VSTi, it doesn't mean it'll stay that way forever. Right now Reaper hosts both 32 and 64 bit plugins beautifully, via its robust internal bridge.

izonin wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:15 am SynthEdit exports 64-bit Win/Mac plugins, so even if Genesis Pro starts as a 32-bit only VSTi, it doesn't mean it'll stay that way forever.
Let's hope for the best, but as I understand the old modules are the deal-breaker here.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Looks like that genesis pro is going to be genesis semi pro :lol:
Well.. Time will tell..

High quality video and an unbeatable price generates a lot of hype. Nice marketing.
The UI looks outdated though and probably is not resizable.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:04 am Viper is available as x64 so not a same story 8)
he coded all the modules himself... and its flowstone, not se

TBH, my interest in this synth is limited, especially when it's 32-bit only (I don't like bridging), and, when there is no custom coded synth engine, or modules. I understand that not everyone is a developer, but, I really don't think the SynthEdit stuff sounds that good, custom modules or not. Just my opinion.

What I definitely like is the approach. I think there's a serious lack of software synths which are build with the help of artists, or, tailored to artists. Actually, that's the one thing I find is better in hardware: Manufacturers there either have a long history and experience in what they do, or, they know exactly what their customers, speak, the artists want. This synths seems well thought out for sure. It's rather the rest which I don't dig too much. Plus, the fact that I already have loads of (nice sounding) synths doing similar things. Rather a general thing though, that I feel well setup with what I have, and not specific to this synth.

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:05 pm TBH, my interest in this synth is limited, especially when it's 32-bit only (I don't like bridging), and, when there is no custom coded synth engine, or modules. I understand that not everyone is a developer, but, I really don't think the SynthEdit stuff sounds that good, custom modules or not. Just my opinion.

What I definitely like is the approach. I think there's a serious lack of software synths which are build with the help of artists, or, tailored to artists. Actually, that's the one thing I find is better in hardware: Manufacturers there either have a long history and experience in what they do, or, they know exactly what their customers, speak, the artists want. This synths seems well thought out for sure. It's rather the rest which I don't dig too much. Plus, the fact that I already have loads of (nice sounding) synths doing similar things. Rather a general thing though, that I feel well setup with what I have, and not specific to this synth.
its a very very strange aproach to this one, especialy "i really dont think the synthedit stuff sounds that good". In the end you who makes the sound good, not the synth.

Just ask yourself if you would exclusively use Steinberg Neon for your music. If it was like you said, we could just buy or download a single synth, and be happy ever after. Not how it works, I'm afraid.

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:30 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:05 pm TBH, my interest in this synth is limited, especially when it's 32-bit only (I don't like bridging), and, when there is no custom coded synth engine, or modules. I understand that not everyone is a developer, but, I really don't think the SynthEdit stuff sounds that good, custom modules or not. Just my opinion.

its a very very strange aproach to this one, especialy "i really dont think the synthedit stuff sounds that good". In the end you who makes the sound good, not the synth.
Sorry, but I've got to disagree. Each synth (and company) has its own signature sound, and most of them are not that pleasing or that inspiring to me. Anyway, let's hope GP is a good one!

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:05 pm Just ask yourself if you would exclusively use Steinberg Neon for your music.
If it was the only option, easily :D

Distorted Horizon wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:11 pm
chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:05 pm Just ask yourself if you would exclusively use Steinberg Neon for your music.
If it was the only option, easily :D
Same here

Sinisterbr wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:08 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:30 pm

Sorry, but I've got to disagree. Each synth (and company) has its own signature sound, and most of them are not that pleasing or that inspiring to me. Anyway, let's hope GP is a good one!
Well if most of them arent inspiring then music is not for you.

Sinisterbr wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:08 pm Sorry, but I've got to disagree. Each synth (and company) has its own signature sound, and most of them are not that pleasing or that inspiring to me. Anyway, let's hope GP is a good one!
I tend to agree, while the mixing and sound-designing skills are the most improtant part of the equation, I think there is still a lack of nice-sounding "characterful" synths not being emulations of some vintage analog stuff.

It may be a bit odd to expect this from an old SE creation but from my memory Genesis CM did sound very good. I didn't have a lot of stuff to compare back then tho.
Last edited by recursive one on Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

this guy made a sequencer out of Excel and he didnt complain how Excel purpose isnt making music

And with sound not sounding nice? come one, the only limitation is your own imagination, i have heard amazing sounds made out with Sytrus (10 years ago i thought its a bad sounding synth, what was i thikinking) on top of that with great post processing. Real producers know their shit and how to work with it. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFdCM2kHL64
Last edited by Elektronisch on Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”