What synth do you actually USE the most in your own music????

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Hink wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:29 pm and ftr vurt has a talent of using his sense of humor to deflect negative comments and indeed help get derailed threads back on topic...speaking of which
i second that. and more.

i get my daily morning dose of gigglemin by stalking that british dude. :)

i've good for the day. till tomorrow. bye.
ah böwakawa poussé poussé

BONES wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:31 am Neither do I but a nice orchestral arrangement can bolster pretty much any style of music.

So that's it, your entire arsenal is one very ordinary synth and a Rhodes emulation? I can't imagine what unlistenable horrors you make with that.

Do you really want me to get started about "sound designers" again? I doubt I've ever spent more than 10 minutes on a patch, it's just not that hard if you have the right tools. (Sylenth 1 is definitely not the right tool, for the reasons stated previously.)

To me that's like someone who buys wool, because he loves wool, but never knits anything with it. i.e. It's nothing more than part of a larger process and doesn't really make a lot of sense on its own. Again, "others" fly kites and go cycling with their friends.

I've never been to a café that wasn't full to overflowing with wankers. Honestly, I'd be more likely to go to a cafe with a loaded shotgun than with friends. Sadly, far too many of the same people also go to the pub in the evening.

I was thinking of a different suburb, one with a better class of clientele.

It's also not the only sport you could go and see. There is cricket and two codes of rugby that attract decent crowds on a regular basis.
Well, for my needs my string patch is enough. Most of the time a synth pad is more appropriate, anyway.

"unlistenable horrors". Well, I have heard a bit of your stuff in a link somewhere. Coming from you, your verdict is a bit ironic :wink:

One can hear in your music that you don't invest a lot of time in your patches. 10 minutes is very little.

Nah, many people have hobbies that they pursue alone, not with friends. They simply like what they do and want to become really good at it, even if it means nothing to others.

"I've never been to a café that wasn't full to overflowing with wankers. Honestly, I'd be more likely to go to a cafe with a loaded shotgun than with friends."

Funny that when I say I feel pity for people that hang around in pubs, people are all over me, but you write something much more offensive and nobody seems to care. Great unbiased moderation on this board...

It's not about the suburb, it is a national thing. I have lived all over the country, it is the same everywhere. Bars/pubs are just not the kind of place where the kind of people I like tend to hang around.

Cricket and rugby? This country is all about soccer, and the soccer mentality is again the same across the country.

e-crooner wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:13 pmOne can hear in your music that you don't invest a lot of time in your patches. 10 minutes is very little.
Not if you know what you're doing and if you use the right tools for each job. Whilst I don't spend much time on each patch, I'll often create half-a-dozen patches in different instruments before I find the right one. My patches rarely require any EQ or insert effects because I tailor them to the mix. The mix is more important than the individual sounds in it.
Funny that when I say I feel pity for people that hang around in pubs, people are all over me, but you write something much more offensive and nobody seems to care. Great unbiased moderation on this board...
Maybe that's because my social observations are more accurate than yours?
Cricket and rugby? This country is all about soccer, and the soccer mentality is again the same across the country.
Just because the country is all about football doesn't mean you have to be. I played football for 25 seasons but I have never in my life watched a professional game. But I go to at least one test match every year and have season tickets for my rugby league team. Of course, I don't just have general admission tickets, I pay extra for good seats, surrounded by good people. I've spoken with a former Prime Minister, the Police Commissioner, a former State Premier and the CEO of the National Rugby League in the stand where we sit. Obnoxious people get thrown out.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:23 am Of course, I don't just have general admission tickets, I pay extra for good seats, surrounded by good people. I've spoken with a former Prime Minister, the Police Commissioner, a former State Premier and the CEO of the National Rugby League in the stand where we sit. Obnoxious people get thrown out.
Lah de dah :party:

Posh :tu:

But I always find the inspiration to write better songs when I visit the more seedy parts of a town or city...

There is less social veneer :wink:
No auto tune...

digitalboytn wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:19 am But I always find the inspiration to write better songs when I visit the more seedy parts of a town or city...

:tu:
If I feel blocked, I grab my trusty note pad and ride the city buses for a day or two. And it usually does the trick.
After moving from a large city to a small one, we are seen with Mayors, Police and Fire Chiefs, Sheriffs/Deputies, Judges, etc.
We have a great time with them, but nothing interesting enough to write in a song.
(I also don't do bars or go to sporting events, but we'll drive many miles to attend a Drum Corps competition or a Fusion Jazz concert. And yes, none of our regular friends get it, so it's always just my spouse and I.)

BONES wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:23 am I've spoken with a former Prime Minister
Bob?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5mBShX9fdU

:o

Dog, no! That man was a national embarrassment. John Howard and I support the same team.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Bob Hawke was a national treasure...

Just because he came across as a populist,he was far from stupid...

You don't get to be a Rhodes scholar if you are a dummy...

I am from the Liberal side of town,but I respect many of the social reforms and measures that were a result of Bob's quest for a more egalitarian society...
No auto tune...

Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

BBFG# wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:57 am
digitalboytn wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:19 am But I always find the inspiration to write better songs when I visit the more seedy parts of a town or city...

:tu:
If I feel blocked, I grab my trusty note pad and ride the city buses for a day or two. And it usually does the trick.
After moving from a large city to a small one, we are seen with Mayors, Police and Fire Chiefs, Sheriffs/Deputies, Judges, etc.
We have a great time with them, but nothing interesting enough to write in a song.
(I also don't do bars or go to sporting events, but we'll drive many miles to attend a Drum Corps competition or a Fusion Jazz concert. And yes, none of our regular friends get it, so it's always just my spouse and I.)
Sounds nice... I personally use movies, documentaries, art... so if I can't find anything around my sources of inspiration won't be limited by it. There is always a nice story you can watch in a movie, or a documentary and then try to tell the same through music or even combine things from different sources.

The good thing about creativity is that it's endless and in constant transformation

layzer wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:49 am The old M1 vst somehow always makes it into my tunes for one thing or another
Its great to see this old classic still getting used.
The Triton VST is getting some use here.

BONES wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:23 am
e-crooner wrote: Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:13 pmOne can hear in your music that you don't invest a lot of time in your patches. 10 minutes is very little.
Not if you know what you're doing and if you use the right tools for each job. Whilst I don't spend much time on each patch, I'll often create half-a-dozen patches in different instruments before I find the right one. My patches rarely require any EQ or insert effects because I tailor them to the mix. The mix is more important than the individual sounds in it.
Maybe that's because my social observations are more accurate than yours?
Just because the country is all about football doesn't mean you have to be. I played football for 25 seasons but I have never in my life watched a professional game. But I go to at least one test match every year and have season tickets for my rugby league team. Of course, I don't just have general admission tickets, I pay extra for good seats, surrounded by good people. I've spoken with a former Prime Minister, the Police Commissioner, a former State Premier and the CEO of the National Rugby League in the stand where we sit. Obnoxious people get thrown out.
I don't hear that, frankly. With that kind of music you can use any synth, won't make a difference.

Definitely not, it is just biased, shoddy moderating.

I don't get your whole point about rugby. My point was that people spend a lot of time in such arenas, and it is often not at all a family thing, depending on the country and sport. People have all kinds of hobbies they pursue alone, just for the sake of it. My spending on average a quarter of an hour per day on making patches is very little. After all, sometimes I won't make or improve any patches for a week or two because often I don't even feel like opening the DAW. Music is just a minor hobby to me, I don't want and need to make money with music. I have made hundreds of S1 patches, but over the course of 4 or 5 years.

hey fluffy :)

I believe the place and culture where you live, contribute heavily in your life style and social reaction. I have lived for years in 4 very different countries (actually continents!) and each has a very different life style and interests. I can understand most of the differences and the meaning behind each motive.

Anyway, the main problem I see here is that very few try to understand the others background! This is sad as no respect is the result of all of this!

Just be flexible damn it! There is a big world out there!
Not all bars are filthy! Cricket and Rugby are damn boring for someone not born and raised in Australia or New Zealand! Just saying :hihi:

think cricket is boring for everyone.
its just an excuse to sit in the sun.

Return to “Instruments”