Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

BlueSpace wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:49 am I don't see what benefit a virtual Synth will get by being 64 bit, it will never use 4 gb of RAM unless your DAW is stuck in 64 bit, I use 32 bit reaper and reaper goes both way with plugin loading
Good for you, but most people do need more than 4 gb RAM and use 64 bit DAWs
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Not to mention that the latest Mac OS, 10.15 Catalina, is strictly 64 bit only. JBridge and stuff is irrelevant. In Catalina, 32 bit is as dead as the Parrot. It's ceased to be.
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

And rightly so, TBH. Apple is just consistent. And gets a spanking for it from the "chosen few" who are still using 32-bit apps.

Anyway, the benefits are not limited to the using of big sample libraries. It's also a fact that 64-bit apps open faster, and are more performant, if coded properly. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/64-bit_co ... s_and_cons

BERFAB wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:47 pm
TheMaestro wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:54 am My 2 cents.
This isn’t a gift out of the developers concerns for the poor.
It’s offered cheap to collect data.
And then there will be €€ sound packs and €€ feature upgrades.
Not sure what the general beef is with this marketing strategy [if it is a beef at all]. It is essentially the same strategy that KV331 have used with Synthmaster, to enormous success--they essentially give away the synth, and you pay for the packages of presets. The basic synth costs more than $1 of course, but it is very cheap compared to the competition. And if you're a sound designer, you're in heaven because you don't need too many presets. If you're just a preset tweaker, like me, you're happy to pay a reasonable price (in a variety of tiers) for your inspiration.

I must say though, I'm very disappointed with this 32 bit nonsense. I thought Image Line was the last hold out on this front, and thankfully, their transformation is more or less complete. I LOVED the original Genesis synth. It was all the things people have said about it and more. But we parted ways long ago because my set up went 64 bit, along with the rest of civilized society. I still keep a 32 bit version of Cubase (can't recall the version number off hand) just in case I need something from an old 32 bit plug, but it's been forever since I've had to go there. Everything has been replaced. If Genesis Pro is not 64 bit, what's the point?

Cheers
-B
I don’t know why you’re even comparing those two.
To my knowledge, Synthmaster doesn’t collect user data, and it cost’s $99, which is quite different from a giveaway, and €1.
There are two kinds of people in the world. Those which can finish a tune, and those which has 300 two-bar loops.

I don't have a problem with collecting user data, if it's transparent. NI also does metrics. Helps to tailor the software to the user's need, a.k.a. "they hear on every user's wish!".

It might be different here, and, it also might be the reason why the synth is so cheap, but, hell... I don't get all this "evil business" stuff anyway. Esepcially in such a small business, almost every business is getting an evil eye when they want to make sure that dinner is on the table in the evening. Don't get it, really. In a world where there is currency, everyone has to make sure to make a living. I doubt any of the people always blaming companies who do so work for free in their day job, so...

recursive one wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:51 am
BlueSpace wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:49 am I don't see what benefit a virtual Synth will get by being 64 bit, it will never use 4 gb of RAM unless your DAW is stuck in 64 bit, I use 32 bit reaper and reaper goes both way with plugin loading
Reaper 64 bit version will run 32 bit VST plugins with ease :party:
BlueSpace Music @ Facebook, @ Reverbnation

BlueSpace wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:19 pm
recursive one wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:51 am
Reaper 64 bit version will run 32 bit VST plugins with ease :party:
As does Bitwig...
Of course a single synth does not need more than 4 GB of RAM. But running complex projects within that limit is — limited...
As soon you get to samples, and a lot of them, in addition to your little synth you’ll reach that limit fast. Running 32-bit DAW is just fine for smaller projects...
It was about 10 years ago I had weird crashes, and it turned out I had to switch to 64-bit and all was fine again... Lucky if you never experienced that...

TheMaestro wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:54 am My 2 cents.
This isn’t a gift out of the developers concerns for the poor.
It’s offered cheap to collect data.
And then there will be €€ sound packs and €€ feature upgrades.
The Genesis Pro is only collecting data offline for the end user only. All feature upgrades will be free.
---

I have just made a new video demonstrating the sounds of the Genesis Pro. In the next video we will elaborate more on its specific features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGXhYkxrQ7k

Since he's still not answering the 32-bit question, it must be because it IS 32-bit. Kinda sad, but can't complain at that price :tu:

The wait is long, take it on sale now! :)

NextGen wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:32 pm I have just made a new video demonstrating the sounds of the Genesis Pro. In the next video we will elaborate more on its specific features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGXhYkxrQ7k
Well, this indeed sounds awesome. Some really nice character. :tu: Phaaat :)

But please, do finally tell if its Win 32 bit only or not.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

So if I buy two copies does it add up as 64bit?
No signature here!

Wow, the sound is superb. It's fat, punchy and lively. No harsh at all. Just pure clear quality. Good job. I truly hope that this is 64bit.

Youtube isn't the best source to judge sound but yeah seems decent. I liked the 2nd half of the video much more as hoping the capability will reflect to less familiar sounds.

Return to “Instruments”