What synth do you actually USE the most in your own music????

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

I've just had an idea. Why don't we start a thread about what synth we use (and presumably like) most of all? :help:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

folderol wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:07 am I've just had an idea. Why don't we start a thread about what synth we use (and presumably like) most of all? :help:
i use the pantomime iv with blue shoe crab mods.

Those Periwinkle filters really sparkle. :party:
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:20 pm Those Periwinkle filters really sparkle. :party:
i like the unicorn mod section, the routing capabilities are beyond imagination.

the effects section could be better, but thats what outboard fx is for :)

vurt wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:35 pm i like the unicorn mod
Thanks! That must have been back when I moderated discussions at a politics website. Different topic, different species: Equuleus monoceros sapiens.

Looking through a small part of my heap of half-finished projects and unimaginative works-for-hire, I'm seeing a lot of impOSCar 1 and 2, Predator, String Studio and Lounge Lizard, various Moog recreations, Aparillo, and LuSH-101 (which I haven't had all that long) managed to get in a surprising number of them too.

Had this been about sample-based instruments BFD3, Kontakt, and SampleTank would have been at or near the top of the list.

SQ8L....by far

Meffy wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:29 am
vurt wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:35 pm i like the unicorn mod
That must have been back when I moderated discussions at a politics website.
That sounds horrific, I'm sorry. Can't stand political arguments.

To stay relatively on topic, I try to limit myself to Ableton synths and Falcon these days. Pigments is used for pretty much only granular.
Signatures are so early 2000s.

ATS wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:01 am
an-electric-heart wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:06 am I'm an FL guy, so Sytrus mostly, but also Diva and Rapture. I recently got Syntronik and it's been getting a fair bit of use. I don't understand synthesizers, I'm a preset guy, so Syntronik's been really good for me.

Syntronik is amazing. I don't understand why it doesn't seem to get much attention on here.
Because, for nearly every sampled synth in Syntronik...there's a virtual modeled plugin available that sounds as good/better with a exponentially smaller footprint and more CPU efficient engine.

I use fxpansion Guru in pretty much every song I work on. Sytrus is also very common. Discovery a bit less.

Bump1 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:34 pm SQ8L....by far
Ughhhh I wish this project hadn't been abandoned. I'd kill to use this on a Mac, 64 bit. The workarounds are just too laborious and annoying.

I wish someone with the skills could take it over and update it so we could all use it. People love Ensoniq, people love the ESQ-1 / SQ80....this fantastic VST needs to be Out There....

bit more modular/reaktor/guitar(not a synth you say? depends what youre doing with it, namely triggering a guitar synth pedal :P )[the super ego, followed by various modulation and delays into the modular...]

mholloway wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:24 pm
Bump1 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:34 pm SQ8L....by far
Ughhhh I wish this project hadn't been abandoned. I'd kill to use this on a Mac, 64 bit. The workarounds are just too laborious and annoying.

I wish someone with the skills could take it over and update it so we could all use it. People love Ensoniq, people love the ESQ-1 / SQ80....this fantastic VST needs to be Out There....
It'd have to be done from scratch as the original developer will never part with the source code. But I agree, it should be brought up to date by someone.

It's a highly regarded synth so I'm puzzled why it's never been taken on.

Predator, which I bought in 2007.
And lots of Kontakt stuff.

I honestly don’t know what I use most as I change my mind a lot about what I want to use.

Forgotten wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:37 pm I honestly don’t know what I use most as I change my mind a lot about what I want to use.
the universe is my synthesiser!
mostly the bits in my room, but ill draw in some cosmic background radiation for an oscillator ocassionally.

Return to “Instruments”