Unify by PluginGuru; The next big thing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Unify (Standard Edition)

BlackWinny wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:19 pm
But there are key features which are exceptional in Unify and which are not in MUX, especially the internal bridge 32/64-bit (and inverse if I understand correctly) and that ability to use plugins coming from totally different environments, and... that huge memory and CPU management using very smartly the cores of the computer.
I've seen conflicting information on this, can someone confirm if Unify can utilize 32 bit plug-ins without having something like JBridge installed? Pluginguru statement makes it sound like you still need JBridge on PC for Unify to use 32 bit plugins.

Can someone please help track down a performance issue?

Could you try loading 20 guru samplers and 20 bluearps (Standalone or plugin).... and hold down a note. Let me know what happens.

@quilys Interesting ideas, thank you! I'll give some thought to all of these.

I'm glad you're enjoying Unify.

@greymattre98

You DO need jBridge or another bridging tool to use 32-bit plug-ins with Unify. We have support for jBridge built-in, so if you have jBridge installed, you can scan and load 32-bit plug-ins without having to set up bridging in jBridge first.

You might consider offering jBridge with Unify at a discount similar to what BIAB does:
https://www.pgmusic.com/jbridge.htm

A customer recently asked if Ummet Ozcan's forthcoming Genesis Pro synth will run in Unify.

First off, no one can answer this definitively, because Genesis Pro isn't available yet.

However, the latest available information (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=535754&start=300) is that Genesis Pro is a 32-bit-only, Windows-only synth made with SynthEdit, and those generally run fine using jBridge.

My only concern will be the 3D graphics for the vowel-filter visualization. Complex graphics are a point of weakness for bridging, so all I can say is: we have to wait and see.

focusrite wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:51 pm Can someone please help track down a performance issue?

Could you try loading 20 guru samplers and 20 bluearps (Standalone or plugin).... and hold down a note. Let me know what happens.
Anyone?

getdunne wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:40 pm A customer recently asked if Ummet Ozcan's forthcoming Genesis Pro synth will run in Unify.

First off, no one can answer this definitively, because Genesis Pro isn't available yet.

However, the latest available information (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=535754&start=300) is that Genesis Pro is a 32-bit-only, Windows-only synth made with SynthEdit, and those generally run fine using jBridge.

My only concern will be the 3D graphics for the vowel-filter visualization. Complex graphics are a point of weakness for bridging, so all I can say is: we have to wait and see.

Except on Catalina I don't think anything 32 bit (other than crossover 19) will run, so I don't see how Unify would load a 32 bit plug and work in Catalina unless it is doing some sort of Wine trick? I don't think jbridge will run on Catalina at all.
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

grdh20 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:52 pm
getdunne wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:40 pm A customer recently asked if Ummet Ozcan's forthcoming Genesis Pro synth will run in Unify.

Except on Catalina I don't think anything 32 bit (other than crossover 19) will run, so I don't see how Unify would load a 32 bit plug and work in Catalina unless it is doing some sort of Wine trick? I don't think jbridge will run on Catalina at all.
The VST in question was developed in SynthEdit, so it is Windows32 only.

Not very forward thinking. But then again it's only a dollar...
Mac Studio Ultra, 64ram, 4tb+<4tb Samsung850-860evo ssd's in TB3 Akitio Enclosure> UAD Apollo x6-tb3/Yamaha2050/Amphion/Bowers&Wilkins/Komplete S61Mk2} latest OSX

grdh20 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:03 pm Not very forward thinking. But then again it's only a dollar...
He has been developing it for 8-9 years. That explains why.

focusrite wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:33 pm
focusrite wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:51 pm Can someone please help track down a performance issue?

Anyone?

Why you should do that ? :?
Maybe you break something for sure or maybe Unify does not respond correctly, but that is neither the idea nor the concept of a musical instrument like Unify, if you want to take it to the limit for some reason, it's fine, do it, but it would be better if you go back to you Studio and start composing some music or programming a good sound with it, the other leave it for the programmers, they are the ones who know ... cheers. :tu:

quilys wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:55 am
focusrite wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:33 pm

Anyone?

Why you should do that ? :?
Maybe you break something for sure or maybe Unify does not respond correctly, but that is neither the idea nor the concept of a musical instrument like Unify, if you want to take it to the limit for some reason, it's fine, do it, but it would be better if you go back to you Studio and start composing some music or programming a good sound with it, the other leave it for the programmers, they are the ones who know ... cheers. :tu:
Ever heard of building a template?

Man, I am so loving Unify! Especially the samples, that are so spot-on for my needs! One of those plugins that instantly inspires you to compose new music, and complete music you felt stuck on previously. I'm confident the future for Unify will be even brighter and bolder, but even as it is now (which honestly feels is a little rushed in places - but I understand!) it's a wonderland of sonic creativity! Maybe if I had Omnisphere or the original Alchemy I'd be more subdued, but this plugin really is a spot of magic for me at this time and space! I'm thrilled for now, and excited about Unify's future! Thanks so much John and Shane!!!

Return to “Instruments”