DUNE 3 is now available!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

e-crooner wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:39 pm I don't know what's worse, having to listen to opera or EDM :hihi:
both a little hibrow for you?
:hihi:

Both are torture to my ears. With opera it's the voices, with EDM the music.

e-crooner wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:01 pm Both are torture to my ears. With opera it's the voices, with EDM the music.
Opera is definitely an acquired taste, like lambic beers ;)

rezoneight wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:13 pm
e-crooner wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:01 pm Both are torture to my ears. With opera it's the voices, with EDM the music.
or houmous.

I don't believe in acquired tastes. I couldn't stand opera half a century ago and I never will. That way of singing makes me shudder, not unlike the usual sirens in pop music 8) Not to mention the melodramatic element, which I also hate.

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:15 pm
or houmous.
That I like, but I can't hear it :?

Why is this thread about opera now, by the way? :)

e-crooner wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:23 pm
I don't believe in acquired tastes. I couldn't stand opera half a century ago and I never will. That way of singing makes me shudder, not unlike the usual sirens in pop music 8) Not to mention the melodramatic element, which I also hate.
you do realise they are often dramas :lol:
few comedies as well and horrors even...

its as much a visual as audio experience.im not a fan of listening to many opera records, but to see them in their correct settings with full stage show, now thats an experience.

e-crooner wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:25 pm Why is this thread about opera now, by the way? :)

given the choices bones offered, on a music forum it seemed apt.
although we could discuss bill bailey...
who may even use dune at home, possibly maybe perchance.

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:28 pm you do realise they are often dramas :lol:
few comedies as well and horrors even...

its as much a visual as audio experience.im not a fan of listening to many opera records, but to see them in their correct settings with full stage show, now thats an experience.
Sure, operas are meant to be that way, one more reason I don't like opera. Artistic drama just doesn't touch me, unlike real drama.

real life touches you more than art...

:o

e-crooner wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:54 pm Artistic drama just doesn't touch me, unlike real drama.
drama, by definition, isn't real

dune 3.

AnX wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:07 pm
e-crooner wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:54 pm Artistic drama just doesn't touch me, unlike real drama.
drama, by definition, isn't real
That's wrong. There are real-life dramas happening every day, for instance in Wuhan for the past couple of weeks.

There is a synth which has a Dramatic chorus setting if I remember correctly. Not sure if it was Dune, though 8)

Return to “Instruments”