Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

Every article on the internet about this thing is filled with the same nonsense....do most of the negative commenters code DSP?.....do they have any understanding of how many hours it takes to
make a plugin of quality?...time is money....do you work hours for free?.....a dude pours his time and passion into something for eight years and decides to essentially give it away and people have the audacity to complain?.....even if he keeps the sampler locked to sell additional ROMs, it offers a free pay as you go entry point,....People who can afford MACs have money clearly, so they can afford pro plugs,....maybe he realized this and was thinking of the folks that cant.....even if this thing crashed on the hour every hour with a BSOD, people would still continue to use and appreciate it....it would still have value and provide enjoyment and joy for tens of thousands of people....this guy had a goal and achieved it.....cant we just celebrate that ffs?

No one is requiring you to need this,....you are not being unfairly persecuted,....you are not a f'n victim....the sense of entitlement and brattiness of people today, is out of control and needs to be checked immediately.....there is no understanding of intrinsic and inherent value, nor the monetary value of time....its continuing to have a negative impact on all aspects of society....
Specific to this industry, this attitude on work ethic and the value of work will probably make developers leave, and slowly kill choice, especially for lower budget users....if you are raising kids, knock some sense into them daily so they don't turn out like this
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

bermudagold wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:42 pm Every article on the internet about this thing is filled with the same nonsense....do most of the negative commenters code DSP?.....do they have any understanding of how many hours it takes to
make a plugin of quality?...time is money....do you work hours for free?.....a dude pours his time and passion into something for eight years and decides to essentially give it away and people have the audacity to complain?.....even if he keeps the sampler locked to sell additional ROMs, it offers a free pay as you go entry point,....People who can afford MACs have money clearly, so they can afford pro plugs,....maybe he realized this and was thinking of the folks that cant.....even if this thing crashed on the hour every hour with a BSOD, people would still continue to use and appreciate it....it would still have value and provide enjoyment and joy for tens of thousands of people....this guy had a goal and achieved it.....cant we just celebrate that ffs?

No one is requiring you to need this,....you are not being unfairly persecuted,....you are not a f'n victim....the sense of entitlement and brattiness of people today, is out of control and needs to be checked immediately.....there is no understanding of intrinsic and inherent value, nor the monetary value of time....its continuing to have a negative impact on all aspects of society....
Specific to this industry, this attitude on work ethic and the value of work will probably make developers leave, and slowly kill choice, especially for lower budget users....if you are raising kids, knock some sense into them daily so they don't turn out like this
I can't believe how many tossers there are whining about a free synth made for the love of it.

but muh 64bi plug!!
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

bermudagold wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:42 pm even if this thing crashed on the hour every hour with a BSOD, people would still continue to use and appreciate it...
i doubt that very much

robotmonkey wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:49 pm No worries, I'm already working on a solution. It will be controller with built in PC with Win XP and Cakewalk Project 5 already preloaded so you can immediately start pumping out those tunes. Estimated price currently 900$, so will be a no-brainer especially as you save a lot of money on plugin.
Same here... Started on new gen PC about 10 years ago - labour of love you may say. It is based on state of the art Pentium 2 processor, Windows XP and will run 16 and even 32bit software.

kenny saunders wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:53 pm
bermudagold wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:42 pm Every article on the internet about this thing is filled with the same nonsense....do most of the negative commenters code DSP?.....do they have any understanding of how many hours it takes to

I can't believe how many tossers there are whining about a free synth made for the love of it.

but muh 64bi plug!!
Both of you guys are doing some serious wanking in these two responses. I don't care what the cost of this plugin is, or how much love went into it, if its not 64-bit its a non-starter in 2020. It sounds great and it looks like he's put a lot of work into it but again, 32-bit only in 2020 is ridiculous. Thats not some personal attack on the developer, and has absolutely squat to do with entitlement, monetary value of time, or any of the other nonsense posted above. I'm not offended by it, I just simply think it's ridiculous and maybe 8 years of work ended up being a waste of time. 8 years is a freaking eternity in the computer industry. Sometimes you need to know when to quit on something, labor of love or not.

wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:12 pm Sounds absolutely fantastic. Makes me wish I still bought synths. I'm sure it'll do very well.
I´ve heard Rumors that it´ll be given away for 1$.

GRUMP wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:48 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:12 pm Sounds absolutely fantastic. Makes me wish I still bought synths. I'm sure it'll do very well.
I've heard rumors it will be 32 bit only but don't take my word for it
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Duplicate.
Last edited by GRUMP on Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GRUMP wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:58 pm
recursive one wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:51 pm
GRUMP wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:48 pm
I've heard rumors it will be 32 bit only but don't take my word for it
That´s just Fake News. Look into his Eyes. This Man is not kidding. But anyway ... 1$ smells like a dirty Marketing Trick. He shurely hopes to sell Millions of Licences this way. That´s not good for the Market if you ask me. And bad for him: I have sworn to myself to never buy a cheap VST again. Never agin. Never. The AIEP Rubbish (AIR), IA Sektor and the daily PluginBoutique-Newsletters frequently remind me to remain strong!°
Last edited by GRUMP on Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duplicate :/

rezoneight wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:27 pm I don't care what the cost of this plugin is, or how much love went into it, if its not 64-bit its a non-starter in 2020.
Well, I think fanny bags in 2020 is a no go and I still see people wearing them... Even though they are the ugliest fashion accessory even made... I guess I have to accept that some people still use them in 2020 and go on with my life...

rezoneight wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:26 pm
izonin wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:02 am There might even exist some options to use the synth in Linux and MacOS.
Dont know about Linux but there are no options on MacOS Catalina. If you're on Mojave or previous it should be possible.
Not true. If you have either a Windows VM (I use Parallels for this) or a Windows machine on your network, there is Vienna Ensemble Pro. It is a brilliant piece of software that allows you to load a VST in their server software, and connect to it with a VST/VST3/AU in your Mac DAW of choice, over the network, at low latencies, with full parameter automation, side-chaining, delay compensation, the works. It isn't cheap (€199), but nothing else works so well.

You can also run a Mojave VM, and use VEP to do Mac-to-Mac hosting for any old Mac 32-bit plugins.

Lots of pros use this to offload CPU-heavy plugins to external machines.
Last edited by teilo on Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rezoneight wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:27 pm
kenny saunders wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:53 pm
bermudagold wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:42 pm
Both of you guys are doing some serious wanking in these two responses. I don't care what the cost of this plugin is, or how much love went into it, if its not 64-bit its a non-starter in 2020. It sounds great and it looks like he's put a lot of work into it but again, 32-bit only in 2020 is ridiculous. Thats not some personal attack on the developer, and has absolutely squat to do with entitlement, monetary value of time, or any of the other nonsense posted above. I'm not offended by it, I just simply think it's ridiculous and maybe 8 years of work ended up being a waste of time. 8 years is a freaking eternity in the computer industry. Sometimes you need to know when to quit on something, labor of love or not.
non starter for what?...he's not asking you for anything...and clearly that's simply inaccurate based on all the people who are going to use it...so its actually not a "non starter" and only perceived that way by you and people like you,...which clearly projects that you feel excluded....newsflash it aint about you, never was....so wait...because SOME were going to be excluded, he should have quit?...you're making a value judgement for HIS time based on YOUR needs?....and I'm the one doing serious wanking?...lmao...find the nearest mirror friend
Music had a one night stand with sound design.....And the condom broke

At which price point am I allowed to complain? AIR Hybrid 3 was basically given away for a Euro as well. Am I allowed to complain about its shortcomings when I paid full price for it?

Your arguing doesn't make sense at all.

chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:59 pm I'm pretty sure most people use one single DAW.
I use FL Studio for my synth based crap because it works better for that, I use Cakewalk for my Guitar based crap becuase it works better for that (I like the guitar sound I get from the built in Pro Channel). I use Reaper when I just want to load up a few synths and have a play because it's efficient for that.

Could I use one DAW for everything ? Sure but I could also drive in a nail with the butt end of screwdriver but I have a Hammer so....... :wink:

However it is a 64 bit hammer.......... :troll: :wheee:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”