Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

rezoneight wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:53 pm
teilo wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:50 pm
rezoneight wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:26 pm Dont know about Linux but there are no options on MacOS Catalina. If you're on Mojave or previous it should be possible.
Not true. If you have either a Windows VM (I use Parallels for this) or a Windows machine on your network, there is Vienna Ensemble Pro. It is a brilliant piece of software that allows you to load a VST in their server software, and connect to it with a VST/VST3/AU in your Mac DAW of choice, over the network, at low latencies, with full parameter automation, side-chaining, delay compensation, the works. It isn't cheap (€199), but nothing else works so well.

You can also run a Mojave VM, and use VEP to do Mac-to-Mac hosting for any old Mac 32-bit plugins.

Lots of pros use this to offload CPU-heavy plugins to external machines.
Why would I do this? Its like saying yeah I can get heated seats in my car by throwing a heating pad over the seat and plugging it into the cigarette lighter. I mean honestly yes these are options to counter my statement of "no options". But Catalina is 64-bit only. Sure you can run a VM or run the things off-system, etc. But at that point why would I bother for a $1 plugin? Too much work when it likely isn't going to give me anything that I can't get in the billion or so 64-bit plugins I already own.

If 32-bit is that important for you then running Mojave directly on the hardware and skipping the Catalina upgrade is probably the way to go.
Well, obviously for a $1 plugin, you wouldn't. That would be crazy.

But when you have this tool in your toolbox, it really does open up everything to Mac, including the many plugins that are Windows-only. And of course, the most powerful use of this tool is offloading plugins to other machines entirely. It's especially useful for massive sample libraries.

chk071 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:55 pm
izonin wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:02 am May I summarize a few ways to use this synth in Windows 7/8/10 64-bit:

1. Host this plugin in a 32-bit capable 64-bit DAW
Reaper
FLStudio
Bitwig
Mixcraft
2. Bridge the synth in any DAW via jBridge
3. Use any free or commercial 32-bit DAW

There might even exist some options to use the synth in Linux and MacOS.
1. No option when you want to work in the DAW of your choice.
2. Yes, that's an option. As I mentioned, though, it will use a extra layer which uses CPU where you probably don't want to use CPU.
3. Again, no option if you want work in the DAW of your choice.

Regarding Linux or Mac OS: Not every VST works in Linux, and, again, it will require extra layers to wrap for compatibility. Mac OS X might not be an option either, at least not the latest Mac OS X, which won't run any 32-bit code, thus, even with a wrapper, Genesis Pro won't work on it.

Again, though, I don't feel like a need to continue this discussion. The dev has stated the reasons, and, I accept it. The only thing I want to say is that I can't run this thing, and, in 2020, I feel like it unnecessarily limits the target audience. I'm sure Ummet is aware of all that, so, it's cool.
Thank you! Indeed it's totally cool. Just as I'm cool with people releasing amazing synths for $3 ... for iOS, when I'm a Windows+Android only guy. :tu:

Damn Oz! Releasing such a nice 32bit only synth in 2020 is such a let down. Maybe you could team up with another VST company and remake it in 64bit and for mac as well. I mean, at this point your target audience is 2001-2014 Windows XP users. I hope you have a time machine!

rezoneight wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:18 am Yeah he should have quit if he wasn't going to try to adapt.
Once again: Please, be respectful.

izonin wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:48 am Thank you! Indeed it's totally cool. Just as I'm cool with people releasing amazing synths for $3 ... for iOS, when I'm a Windows+Android only guy. :tu:
Of course. The thing here is that the plugin runs on the OS i use. Don't think I ever complained about a Mac OS only plugin not working on my Windows machine. In fact, I couldn't care less if a developer wants to limit his target audience that way. The thing here is that it's not only limited to a single OS, it's also limited to deprecated tech, which probably less than 10 % of the users (if even) still use.

Again, I'm sure Ummet is aware of all that. Just explaining the reasons why I and others state that it's just not contemporary anymore, and why it is that he's losing out on potential users. And, explaining for the explanation's sake, because some people obviously feel offended by it, think they can speak for the developer, and act as if there's some kind of gift horse here.

Sinisterbr wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:12 pm
rezoneight wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:18 am Yeah he should have quit if he wasn't going to try to adapt.
Respectful about what? The fact that this guy is releasing and hyping up 20 year old tech?
He has released this non pro app for CM many years ago for free, which is not that much that different to so called pro version yet to be released and still utilising the same old code.
Sounds like mega scam...now he can collect $1 from all the suckers
Last edited by Atlatnesiti on Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:35 pm
Respectful about what? The fact that this guy is releasing and hyping up 20 year old tech?
He has released this non pro app for CM many years ago for free, which is not that much that different to so called pro version yet to be released and still utilising the same old code.
Sounds like mega scam...
a "mega scam" you can easily avoid by not buying it.

:roll:

AnX wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:36 pm
Sounds like mega scam...

Not planning to, just trying to warn anaware

Dont be a clown bro :clown:

vertibration wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:40 pm
Dont be a clown bro :clown:
I think reality check is on order here

Over and out, I wan’t engage in pointless, meaningless discussion

This thread has got me thinking. So this would have been the best synth ever made...only if it wasn't 32bit? 8)
No signature here!

SiloCybin wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:11 am Damn Oz! Releasing such a nice 32bit only synth in 2020 is such a let down. Maybe you could team up with another VST company and remake it in 64bit and for mac as well. I mean, at this point your target audience is 2001-2014 Windows XP users. I hope you have a time machine!
i am on a 64bit win10, running renoise which loads all the good 32bit plugins. ;D
u dont need a 32bit os to run 32bit plugins. unfortuneately ableton went the full 64bit onyl way. but theres bitwig ;D which loads 32bit plugins too.

robotmonkey wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:08 pm This thread has got me thinking. So this would have been the best synth ever made...only if it wasn't 32bit? 8)
I've heard this quite a number of times about many SynthEdit and Synthmaker plugins :shrug:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

GRUMP wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:00 pm
GRUMP wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:58 pm
recursive one wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:51 pm
GRUMP wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:48 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:12 pm Sounds absolutely fantastic. Makes me wish I still bought synths. I'm sure it'll do very well.
I´ve heard Rumors that it´ll be given away for 1$.
I've heard rumors it will be 32 bit only but don't take my word for it
That´s just Fake News. Look into his Eyes. This Man is not kidding. But anyway ... 1$ smells like a dirty Marketing Trick. He shurely hopes to sell Millions of Licences this way. That´s not good for the Market if you ask me. And bad for him: I have sworn to myself to never buy a cheap VST again. Never agin. Never. The AIEP Rubbish (AIR), IA Sektor and the daily PluginBoutique-Newsletters frequently remind me to remain strong!°
ok then, when does the "cheap" boiling point is starting to kick in? 2Euros, 200Euros or is it just that typical elitist thing,or that capitalist thinking "oh its not cheap it must be good" and its slight derviate "oh it wasnt cheap, i spent a lot of money so it must be good"?

of course it could be a marketing trick. and why not. its f**king capitalism dude, theres nothing dirty in it to trick people into buying things and make profit. or selling it for whatever price i wanna sale it.
oh i just saw, you´re from germany...

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:38 pm
AnX wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:36 pm
Sounds like mega scam...

Not planning to, just trying to warn anaware
of what? something they can read on his website before parting with the massive sum of €1?

Return to “Instruments”