Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

robotmonkey wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:08 pm This thread has got me thinking. So this would have been the best synth ever made...only if it wasn't 32bit? 8)

no, not even close

Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:35 pmRespectful about what? The fact that this guy is releasing and hyping up 20 year old tech?
He has released this non pro app for CM many years ago for free, which is not that much that different to so called pro version yet to be released and still utilising the same old code.
Sounds like mega scam...now he can collect $1 from all the suckers
So if that (8 year old) tech is too old for you, why you not move on? Why do you care if this plugin is nothing better for you than the old CM freeware? Why insulting the maker?   Move on, nothing to see (or buy) here for you. :roll:

Really, everyone complains how shitty it is to release an 32bit plugin in these days, how bad it will be running, or sounding, or looking, and no Mac version.....   - so why you care? Go on and pay 100x more for a "new tech" plugin that fits your needs, but stop shouting the developer who gives something away for the people who have a use for it.

By the way, 64bit-nerds: You DO know that you CAN run a 32 bit DAW stable on your 64 bit Windows if you absolutely whant to play with this plugin, do you?!?
I am guessing 98% of the complainers don't take any advantages from their 64bit DAW, because they never run gigabyte-size sample libraries but "standard" plugins only, which in no way benefit from more RAM (which is the only advantage of 64 vs 32 DAW).......
ImageImage

robotmonkey wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:08 pmThis thread has got me thinking. So this would have been the best synth ever made...only if it wasn't 32bit? 8)
Even if it would be 64bit and a Mac version and one get's paid out 5$ when downloading it, there would be pudding heads here to complain "I don't like the font of the GUI" or "duh, only 5$? I'm not going to waste my precious time while creating the next Nr.1 hit for trying this for less than 50....."   :dog:
ImageImage

WOK wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:45 pm
Atlatnesiti wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:35 pmRespectful about what? The fact that this guy is releasing and hyping up 20 year old tech?
He has released this non pro app for CM many years ago for free, which is not that much that different to so called pro version yet to be released and still utilising the same old code.
Sounds like mega scam...now he can collect $1 from all the suckers
So if that (8 year old) tech is too old for you, why you not move on? Why do you care if this plugin is nothing better for you than the old CM freeware? Why insulting the maker?   Move on, nothing to see (or buy) here for you. :roll:

Really, everyone complains how shitty it is to release an 32bit plugin in these days, how bad it will be running, or sounding, or looking, and no Mac version.....   - so why you care? Go on and pay 100x more for a "new tech" plugin that fits your needs, but stop shouting the developer who gives something away for the people who have a use for it.

By the way, 64bit-nerds: You DO know that you CAN run a 32 bit DAW stable on your 64 bit Windows if you absolutely whant to play with this plugin, do you?!?
I am guessing 98% of the complainers don't take any advantages from their 64bit DAW, because they never run gigabyte-size sample libraries but "standard" plugins only, which in no way benefit from more RAM (which is the only advantage of 64 vs 32 DAW).......
TBH, I'm really getting tired of the 1000th iteration of the always wrong thing. Believe what you want (because that's all it is, belief, thought a developer knows better about 64-bit computing). Fortunately, there's people who embrace progress, otherwise we'd still live in caves.

And, yes, I will pass on this. But, who are you to tell other people to shut up here?

*Dusts off FLStudio*
Guess I'll try and figure this out

Last edited by claudedefaren on Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Muh 64 bit tho.

:cry:

Psh, only one euro... My mom only buys plugins for me that cost at least 99 euros or more. She will laugh at me if I ask her to buy this.

He's been promising the same plugin for 8 years. that's so infuriating that i hope a slice of balogna lands on a cat's face, I'm serious!

And trying to pass 8 year old technology for something current. I mean how dare he? I am not interested in this synth at all so I will be back in this thread tomorrow to voice my disinterest and disgust, not less to prove yet again how I am a very smart boy.

I think the least the dev could do is put a warning on his website stating that the plugin only works in Windows and 32 bit, especially when it's released. Not some small print at the bottom of the page that nobody reads, but a clear message next to the purchase link. Right now there's no mention at all of 32 bit or Windows only, which is kinda giving many people false hope.

I've seen people on Facebook getting all excited about the synth because they didn't know they can't run it (mostly Mac users).

overhishead wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:38 pm . that's so infuriating that i hope a slice of balogna lands on a cat's face, I'm serious!

:o
that is serial!

claudedefaren wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:26 pm He's a guy who's making a very logical assessment of the behavior of many in this thread.

And he hasn't told anyone to "shut up." You made that up.
Right.
Move on, nothing to see (or buy) here for you. :roll:

Will there be an option for splice rent to own?

Yes. 1 € per month. One month, and it's your own. :P

chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:05 pm
claudedefaren wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:26 pm He's a guy who's making a very logical assessment of the behavior of many in this thread.

And he hasn't told anyone to "shut up." You made that up.
Right.
Move on, nothing to see (or buy) here for you. :roll:
thats move on not shut up.
now shut up and move on...

:D

I actually wanted to add that, admittedly, he actually told people to fk off, but then decided against it...

chk071 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:10 pm :D

I actually wanted to add that, admittedly, he actually told people to fk off, but then decided against it...
tbf to wok, if you read his reply in context with the post he quoted, hes got a point.

as i said earlier, nothing wrong with "aww no, 32bit only, i wont be able to use it"

whereas things like "its a joke in 2020" or even worse imo "its a scam..." are a bit messed up.

i think thats what pushed wok to say that, not that everyone who cant use it should f**k off, just the cock wombles.

Return to “Instruments”