Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, it's Matt. I'm in the electronic music niche myself and know how hard it always was to get to the surface with a new release, to get noticed properly. That's why some friends and I recently launched a review channel on Youtube to help other EM producers to make themselves heard (note; classic EM, not EDM!). I'm curious, are you happy with the feedback, sales, plays etc, or did you hope for more for your albums?
Last edited by EMReviews on Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hi matt.
lo gloss?

This is in the wrong forum. Could the mods move this to the appropriate place?

To answer your question, I find Youtube a waste of time. YMMV.

wagtunes wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:54 pm To answer your question, I find Youtube a waste of time. YMMV.
Waste of time in regards of waiting for feedback when promoting a tune on YT? Or what in particular?

EMReviews wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:13 pm
wagtunes wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:54 pm To answer your question, I find Youtube a waste of time. YMMV.
Waste of time in regards of waiting for feedback when promoting a tune on YT? Or what in particular?
Waste of time period.

vurt wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:38 pm hi matt.
lo gloss?
:hihi:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

wagtunes wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:15 pm Waste of time period.
That, of course, proves 100% of the successful content creators on YT to be wrong. Thx for the enlightenment... :wink:

wagtunes wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:54 pm This is in the wrong forum. Could the mods move this to the appropriate place?
Yup and yup.

@EMReviews, Music Cafe is for posting music you made, not advertising services you hope to sell.

Meffy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:54 pm @EMReviews, Music Cafe is for posting music you made, not advertising services you hope to sell.
Sry to the mods for picking the wrong forum. Nobody's perfect. But @Meffy, before blaiming others for "advertising services", maybe you rather take your time, hop to our channel and one minute later you'd know, there is nothing we/I sell. But you was right with "service". We SUPPORT other musicians/producers by offering them to check out their work and to review it. That's our damn hobby and not for money. Is that kinda reflex to see instantly "spam" in everything that contains a link, instead of informing yourself and spreading fake news? Not fair...

EMReviews wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:54 pm
Meffy wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:54 pm @EMReviews, Music Cafe is for posting music you made, not advertising services you hope to sell.
Sry to the mods for picking the wrong forum. Nobody's perfect. But @Meffy, before blaiming others for "advertising services", maybe you rather take your time, hop to our channel and one minute later you'd know, there is nothing we/I sell. But you was right with "service". We SUPPORT other musicians/producers by offering them to check out their work and to review it. That's our damn hobby and not for money. Is that kinda reflex to see instantly "spam" in everything that contains a link, instead of informing yourself and spreading fake news? Not fair...
Please point out where in my post you see the word "spam", or where I've spread "fake news", or "blaiming [sic] others".

You cannot, because I did none of the things you accuse me of doing. I moved the thread to an appropriate forum, and informed you of a rule.

I'm not inclined to watch your videos to see whether or how you've monetized them, but that's irrelevant. The simple fact is that Music Cafe is for posting music that you made, and nothing else belongs there. Your post does not concern music that you made, but it definitely advertises a service. Period.

Nice way to make a first impression.

so you listen to stuff and do a sort of podcast show including others music?
or review via text comments?

Electronic Producers with an Album Ready? At KVR?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Know your audience, dude!

People come here to shout at each other about the gear they aren't productively using, that's about it.

Good luck with your quite obviously garbage endeavor.

Somewhere in the chaotic vortex of my brain a album exists. I’m just lacking all the parts, it feels like im piecing it together in reverse very slowly..
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:32 pm Somewhere in the chaotic vortex of my brain a album exists. I’m just lacking all the parts, it feels like im piecing it together in reverse very slowly..
have you tried adding more cowbell?

@Meffy
"not advertising services you hope to sell" clearely implies that you expected us/me to spam around, not needed that you spell it out. And fake news is, when you sell others something as a fact, what's actually just your first impression about something, an opinion, a gut feeling - without doing any sort of a possible research. Of course, you are not obliged to check out every link before you nix or move a post and I can understand, that such a feeling sometimes is justified, since forums are nice, warm places for trolls, spammers and the likes. But then you can't make up out of thin air that we "hope to sell" anything, without any proof. I assure you, we're not here for that. The opposite is the case.

Regarding the wrong forum, I already apologized and didn't complain with a single word about the move. I was simply mislead by the "collaborate" in "Music Cafe - Share your music, collaborate, and.... "., expecting to have kind chat with those who see an advantage in our "service".

I experienced a nice first impression here too.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”