UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

You can do unison at layer level, which will unison any oscillator really, and you can then use unison modulators to modulate whatever parameter to be spread between unison voices...

There is a phase button in analog stack osc, make sure it's disabled. Or enable it then modulate each stack osc's phase with random bipolar modulator...

As resonater effect would be awesome.

I just purchased and did some preset surfing through the Voklm soundbank. UVI has Heavyocity's vocal banks in its sites. Voklm blows Mosaic Voices out of the water, but Vocalize is an overall stronger patch set.

I just got Falcon 2 recently, now a friend wants to buy it too, can someone tell me if automation works problem free using FL Studio?

I used Falcon to create the vocal samples on this track.
https://maxbiancofrecka.bandcamp.com/track/respeccc

Guys, can you tell me how practically work "Trigger mode" (On, Off, Off+E etc.) on Keygroup level?

I dig into the manual but I can't realize how to use it. Can someone just tell one practical guide on what to do to hear it?

@oristan

I am really getting sick of updating falcon sound banks. I just purchased the ngoya harp and opened up the portal to install it.

Theres 60GB of updates waiting for me????????

When in the hell are you going to join the rest of us in the 21st century and stop just replacing huge soundbanks when there is a change and just ship a diff file.

How you can manage to code something as big and beautiful as falcon but you still insist in using up my download allowance for the month is bloody beyond me. Fix it.
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

Did they ever come up with any decent patch library management? The factory library and expansions provide a ton of sounds, but there's not a whole lot of help in exploring it all. I guess if they're not going to provide a browser like Omnisphere, the next best thing is to re-save patches to a custom location and use standard folder management for them.

ragout wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:16 pm I just got Falcon 2 recently, now a friend wants to buy it too, can someone tell me if automation works problem free using FL Studio?
It does. I work with Falcon in FL Studio. Automation works like a charm

exmatproton wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:06 am
ragout wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:16 pm I just got Falcon 2 recently, now a friend wants to buy it too, can someone tell me if automation works problem free using FL Studio?
It does. I work with Falcon in FL Studio. Automation works like a charm
Perfect, thanks man!

What has happened to the "edit modulation" entry for macro knob edits?

Try:
1. Right click attack knob on a envelope and choose "Assign to macro/add new macro".
2. Right click again on attack knob and see the entry "Edit modulation" is greyed out.

Bug?
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

Dombaeb wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:08 am Guys, can you tell me how practically work "Trigger mode" (On, Off, Off+E etc.) on Keygroup level?

I dig into the manual but I can't realize how to use it. Can someone just tell one practical guide on what to do to hear it?
On: triggers on note on the keygroup
Off: triggers on note off the keygroup. Note that the envelope are triggered and released immediately so you may hear no sound at all depends on their settings. There is a note off retrigger option in the inspector parameters though.
Off+E: triggers on note off the keygroup but simulate the advance of the envelope regarding the time elapsed since not one. The goal is simulate some kind of decay time for release sound that trigger volume diminished since the note on time.
The V in Off+VE means that it uses the note off velocity instead of note on velocity to trigger the release envelope. Only works on Keyboard that actually send a note off velocity. There are very few of those though.

With scripting facility, at UVI we only use On nowadays, but the other mode are mode useful for traditional sampler use.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

padillac wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:30 am Did they ever come up with any decent patch library management? The factory library and expansions provide a ton of sounds, but there's not a whole lot of help in exploring it all. I guess if they're not going to provide a browser like Omnisphere, the next best thing is to re-save patches to a custom location and use standard folder management for them.
We have a full text search in the browser then you can reorder result on soundbank for example.
Not as precise as other system but less complicated and usually as fast and even faster IMHO
(folder name are taken into account in FTS)
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Kypresso wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:16 am @oristan

I am really getting sick of updating falcon sound banks. I just purchased the ngoya harp and opened up the portal to install it.

Theres 60GB of updates waiting for me????????

When in the hell are you going to join the rest of us in the 21st century and stop just replacing huge soundbanks when there is a change and just ship a diff file.

How you can manage to code something as big and beautiful as falcon but you still insist in using up my download allowance for the month is bloody beyond me. Fix it.
Soundbank are encrypted hence the difficulty to do only partial update.
We need to find a solution for this but this is not trivial.

We hear you though.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

liv wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 6:58 pm What has happened to the "edit modulation" entry for macro knob edits?

Try:
1. Right click attack knob on a envelope and choose "Assign to macro/add new macro".
2. Right click again on attack knob and see the entry "Edit modulation" is greyed out.

Bug?
Macro are program only so modulation would be only LFO and stuff like that.
Is this what you wanted to achieve ?
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Return to “Instruments”