Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

It amazes me how many people want to argue about a plug-in that costs 1 euro. Even if it is only 32 bit, you either get it or you move on. No need to argue or berate the developer.

teilo wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:38 pm
SampleScience wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:18 pm
teilo wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:45 pm
izonin wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:20 am And then 90% of all users are on Windows vs. 10% Mac. So, purely by number, there are more people that can use Genesis Pro vs. any MacOS only synth.
That's a red herring. The total Mac vs. Windows users are irrelevant. The only ones that matter are those who do music production, and there the numbers are completely different. I don't know if Mac still predominates, but it must be close.
I've gathered statistics from different sources about what OS musicians use the most and the combined numbers are around 25% macOS and the rest is Windows*. A very small % are using Linux (usually less than 1%).

As a business, macOS users buy more, so for sold plugins, it's more around 50/50 macOS/Windows user base. That's why most commercial plugins are available for macOS, it's a better business decision.

* The data comes from 100 of thousands of users, not just a few 100.
So in other words, among those who are ACTUALLY doing music production, it's closer to 50/50. Glad we agree.
Yeah, sure. :wink:

tony10000 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:59 pm It amazes me how many people want to argue about a plug-in that costs 1 euro. Even if it is only 32 bit, you either get it or you move on. No need to argue or berate the developer.
You could look at it as a positive. Could be all those unable to use the plugin in it's current state that want to see it ported.

I see demand... :wink:

Stryves wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:17 pm
tony10000 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:59 pm It amazes me how many people want to argue about a plug-in that costs 1 euro. Even if it is only 32 bit, you either get it or you move on. No need to argue or berate the developer.
You could look at it as a positive. Could be all those unable to use the plugin in it's current state that want to see it ported.

I see demand... :wink:
I am sure that there would be plenty of demand for a 2 euro 64-bit version. However, it it was $100, that would be a different story. I doubt that many people would pay for the development costs to port it.

I think if he had planned to make it 64 bit he would already have done this. At least he could arrange a built in bridge and sell the synth for 50eur, then first 10 purchases would already pay off the bridge. 1 eur price is clearly a sign that he doesn't care.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:14 pm I think if he had planned to make it 64 bit he would already have done this. At least he could arrange a built in bridge and sell the synth for 50eur, then first 10 purchases would already pay off the bridge. 1 eur price is clearly a sign that he doesn't care.
Well, you can buy j-Bridge for 15 euro and have a decent synth for 16 euros. Or use FL Studio, Reaper, Bitwig, etc. to make it work.

is this a flowstone synth? i ask because the interface seems to well implemented to be made with the old synthedit program...
the one used to make the Genesis CMI.

if its made with with Flowstone, then x64 bit its being developed by DSProbotics and probably this will be released in x64 as well someday.

About the Synth, very nice UI, very allround good ideas, i like how fast you can change the oscillators and randomize everything, the sound seems definitely quality, but its allways hard to tell from this promotional videos how pure is the sound being showcased.

The other concern i have, is related with the optimization of this plugin because i know flowstone pretty well either in memory and cpu usage. a plugin like this with so many options and knob tweaking settings etc etc will be EXTREMELY taxing on memory and cpu. even if its architecture is strait forward and somehow simple, it wont ever be as optimized as it would be if it was purely written in common coding languages like C or C++. because obviously, by doing this in graphical development programs like Flowstone, you will leave behind a lot of trash behind the sound circuits. and that will make the memory and cpu usage per instance a lot heavier than it should

(just a tought)

I say this because, for me a "workhorse" synth is the one you want to trust, the one you know you can load fast 100 instances and still get them to not kill your cpu usage or drain completely your ram memory, like stuff like omnisphere etc etc.

More than great sounding, a great synth it should be greatly optimized and light to use.

Let then see how this one will be,

Mr_meee wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:54 pm is this a flowstone synth? i ask because the interface seems to well implemented to be made with the old synthedit program...
the one used to make the Genesis CMI.

if its made with with Flowstone, then x64 bit its being developed by DSProbotics and probably this will be released in x64 as well someday.

About the Synth, very nice UI, very allround good ideas, i like how fast you can change the oscillators and randomize everything, the sound seems definitely quality, but its allways hard to tell from this promotional videos how pure is the sound being showcased.

The other concern i have, is related with the optimization of this plugin because i know flowstone pretty well either in memory and cpu usage. a plugin like this with so many options and knob tweaking settings etc etc will be EXTREMELY taxing on memory and cpu. even if its architecture is strait forward and somehow simple, it wont ever be as optimized as it would be if it was purely written in common coding languages like C or C++. because obviously, by doing this in graphical development programs like Flowstone, you will leave behind a lot of trash behind the sound circuits. and that will make the memory and cpu usage per instance a lot heavier than it should

(just a tought)

I say this because, for me a "workhorse" synth is the one you want to trust, the one you know you can load fast 100 instances and still get them to not kill your cpu usage or drain completely your ram memory, like stuff like omnisphere etc etc.

More than great sounding, a great synth it should be greatly optimized and light to use.

Let then see how this one will be,
It is a SynthEdit 32-bit synth.

Mr_meee wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:54 pm is this a flowstone synth?
No, it's not, it's a SynthEdit synth made with SE v1.1 (32-bit).

Teksonik wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:50 pm
SampleScience wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:18 pm * The data comes from 100 of thousands of users, not just a few 100.
Citation ?
No, I really don't rely on academic papers for marketing data. If I would I would be out of business very quickly. The data comes from private sources as well as paid sources (Alexa, SEMrush, etc.). That's about all I can say.

some people dont know how to be civilised.
its an entitled attitude.
rather than go "oh, not for me, oh well ill just use one of the n+1 synths i already have or read something else"
they go "waaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!! look at me!"

waaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!! look at me!
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Aloysius wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:05 am waaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!! look at me!
Here's 1€!

Aloysius wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:05 am waaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!! look at me!
for i looked upon him, what eldritch horror did i see,dazed and confused i stumbled from his lair, i know not how but i awoke in a hospital back in england, civilisation, had it all been just a phantasm? had i brought the whole ordeal writhing from some hellish corner of my mind?

the nurses said id been unconcious for several days, feberishly moaning one word...
"aloysius" and pointing they knew not where.
but as i seemed to be coming round i would probably be allowed to discharge myself within days.

so the day came, doctors happy with my condition, discharged me and returned my belongings.
while showering and dressing i mused on what must have been some nightmare, perhaps brought on by tainted food. it must have been, nothing so hideous could truly exist, surely.

it was then i noticed my phone was in canera mode? hmmm, strange, i dont remember using it recently.
opening the gallery, there it was
the grotesque vision that leaves me with only five words to end my tale...

f**king hell! aloysius, youre ugly!

tl;dr
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”