Type B - Vintage Exciter by Audio Thing

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Type B

Type B is a plugin inspired by a famous vintage exciter effect.

The original unit was designed to add presence and brightness to vocal or instrument tracks. It was often used to enhance dull recordings where the high frequency content was missing due to tape overdubs.

Type B lets you control more aspects of the exciter circuit emulation, giving you access to the internal filter, the harmonic generator and more.

https://youtu.be/vRWD0fnsBCU

Link: https://www.audiothing.net/effects/type-b/
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

A nice discount if you own type-A too, €19, sounds nice from the video, going to try the demo.

Thank you for the post! Yes, if you own a copy of Type A, you can get Type B with an additional discount. Log in to your account to find out.
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

Will pick it up as I own Type A. Played around with it and I like the sound. The GUI is functional.

I will be getting it as well. AudioThing is becoming my favorite plugin vendor atm.... I have Type A, the Space echo thing and reels. All are really fantastic...

Thanks guys! Just a heads up, we have fixed a bug with the oversampler (phasing issues when the Direct is on).
v1.0.1 is already available from the user area.

fix confirmed thank you so much :)
that was damn fast
my bad for flaking on the beta phase sorry

Type-B does some serious work on cymbals. Just the sheen i need. BRILLIANT! :D

Thank you for the discount for Type-A owner, very generous. Just found out that it can be had as a bundle for even cheaper.
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums

Reasonable intro price for Type-A owners, I don't use it very frequently but it's great when it's needed so will likely pick up the B!

sqigls wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:07 pm fix confirmed thank you so much :)
that was damn fast
my bad for flaking on the beta phase sorry

Type-B does some serious work on cymbals. Just the sheen i need. BRILLIANT! :D
We were mostly testing with the direct off :dog: which is what caused the issue with the oversampler.
All good now :)

The "Tune" knob made me by this; and I didn't want to. The fact that you can chose a fundamental for the generated harmonics makes it easy to nudge a track in a particular direction so it "clicks" with the rest of the mix.

audiothing wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:10 pm Thank you for the post! Yes, if you own a copy of Type A, you can get Type B with an additional discount. Log in to your account to find out.
Great plugin and a generous price for Type A owners indeed! :tu:

Oh they did it again. Very nice plugin. :)
I was looking for a good exciter for quite some time and really dislike Waves and their WUP and copy protection stuff. Instant buy for me. Hats off, guys. :)

Same here. Great dynamic noise feature!

Thanks guys, enjoy :)

Return to “Effects”