What's the last synthesist album you listened to?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

there is a reason for this. i want to know if you actually listen any more. so, no judgement, tell me the last synthesis album you listened to.

Manhattan Research Inc.- Raymond Scott
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

This again?

I listen to a lot of music. A lot of it is synth-based and some is literally 100% synth with no vocals or acoustic instruments or samples.

The last several albums I listened to, in approximate reverse order:

Portal 2 soundtrack, volume 1 (100% synth)
a couple of my own albums (100% synth)
Barton/Bayard/Moody Start From Silence (100% synth improv)
Da Chip, a compilation of chiptune covers of Daft Punk (100% synth)
Katamari Damacy soundtrack (many synth-based and synth-heavy songs, but also cheesy Shibuya-kei)
Rustie, Glass Swords, "post-dubstep," very synth-heavy
Fields of the Nephilim, Elizium, goth rock with minor synth bits
This Morn' Omina, Les Passages Jumeaux: 25-33, tribal industrial, lots of samples and some synths
Madjid Khaladj Anthology of Iranian Rhythms, 100% acoustic hand drums
Maschinenfest 2007 disc 1, industrial, very synth and sample heavy
Miles Davis, Tutu 80s jazz with surprising amounts of synth
Caterina Barbieri, Patterns of Consciousness, 100% synth
Tears for Fears, Songs from the Big Chair (a healthy amount of synths)
Fubuki Daiko, Zanshin - Leaving the Heart Behind (taiko ensemble, no synths)
Burning Tapes, Black Lake, 100% synth

Beaubourg — Vangelis

Atypical of Mr. Papathanassiou. Excellent dance music for those of us whose concept of dance does not necessarily involve rhythm, motion, or similarly overdone concepts.

What’s your definition of “synthesist album”?

Sometimes what I listen to is nothing but synthesis, even if it sounds like there are acoustic sounds in there.

Sometimes what I listen to is synth-heavy but also includes some acoustics/electroacoustics in it, and/or vocals.

I rarely listen to things that don’t have synthesizers, but I do certainly have that kind of music in my collection (and still like most of it). I’ve always just been more enamored by synths.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Dasheesh wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:33 am there is a reason for this. i want to know if you actually listen any more. so, no judgement, tell me the last synthesis album you listened to.
What was wrong with this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=536260&p=7604134#p7604134

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:06 am
Dasheesh wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:33 am there is a reason for this. i want to know if you actually listen any more. so, no judgement, tell me the last synthesis album you listened to.

60 days came and went I suppose. Guy just wants to know...

In my case it's the Coil drafts from way back that got released in the last couple of years. I've got them all in a playlist and listening in random order. If this is not 'synthesist' I don't know what is...

DM
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

I just think it's great that every time he promises not to judge us. That's really cool!

90% of my listening is all or manly synth. Cheers!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

someone should open a thread where members could list the bits they listen to, over time, giving dasher a long term idea of peoples listening choices...

Wendy Carlos--A Clockwork Orange.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

my rpm challenge, its a work in progress, so a future release. before dasheesh trys to say synth albums are all old stuff :hihi:

Squarepusher- Be Up A Hello
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:06 am

I was about to merge threads, but the old thread had a poll. Different enough to warrant a separate thread, I suppose.

deastman wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:20 pm Squarepusher- Be Up A Hello
Whaaa....!?!?! That's news to me. Off to hunt for the critter.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”