'Analog' sound from VSTs

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vurt's gone all modular though. he likes bits.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Why isn’t this thread already a fireball of people arguing about what “analog sound” is...?
🤔
😅
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

good idea
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Ghost Snake wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:02 pm I was 'shocked' by the results he got from Serum.
"Shocked" because of the digital sound of Serum? That's just the sound that many people like, especially with current music in EDM/Trance etc. For an "analog" sound I would not use Serum, Spire etc.
There are better (but not free) plugins like from U-He, Arturia, Slate and some others.

Aloysius wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:50 pm vurt's gone all modular though. he likes bits.
having interchangeable limbs can be useful.
keep losing my detachable penis though.

Jace-BeOS wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:28 pm Why isn’t this thread already a fireball of people arguing about what “analog sound” is...?
🤔
😅
grrr.

4damind wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:33 pm
Ghost Snake wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:02 pm I was 'shocked' by the results he got from Serum.
"Shocked" because of the digital sound of Serum? That's just the sound that many people like, especially with current music in EDM/Trance etc. For an "analog" sound I would not use Serum, Spire etc.
There are better (but not free) plugins like from U-He, Arturia, Slate and some others.
At first, I also thought he meant that he was shocked about Serum's digital sound, but, I actually think he was shocked about the good result the guy in the video got out of Serum. :D

chk071 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:52 pm
At first, I also thought he meant that he was shocked about Serum's digital sound, but, I actually think he was shocked about the good result the guy in the video got out of Serum. :D
i thought he was shocked hed learned something from youtube that he hadnt forgotten after getting lost in the "up next" abyss for days.

chk071 wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:52 pm
That would be interesting ;) Maybe he should tell us why he was shocked.

surreal wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:44 pm
All Good further Thecontrolcentre!
:tu: :D

Ghost Snake wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:02 pm What I really LOVE is when you can Spread voices and add Drift, to get a non-linear tone....
Have you tried this monthly competition Osc "Tonez" ?

Do you mean this?

https://soundcloud.com/user-492255322/t ... ne/s-9ldG8

I love the Arturia emulations, and i'm sure that this is achievable with the Arturia emulations.

Ghost Snake wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:02 pm (lack of A/D conversion ?)
I don't understand what you mean.

Spring Goose wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:07 pm
Ghost Snake wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:02 pm What I really LOVE is when you can Spread voices and add Drift, to get a non-linear tone....
Have you tried this monthly competition Osc "Tonez" ?

Do you mean this?

https://soundcloud.com/user-492255322/t ... ne/s-9ldG8

I love the Arturia emulations, and i'm sure that this is achievable with the Arturia emulations.
Sorry you probably don't mean this do you?!

Forgot also to say SSL4kG channel, Kush plugins Omega series. There were amazing plugins in 32bit space from Bootsie (Variety Of Sound) also..
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

vurt wrote: Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:50 pm keep losing my detachable penis though.
You don’t keep it in a yellow plastic shoobedoo?

Return to “Production Techniques”