BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
slak909
KVRer
1 posts since 29 Jan, 2015

Post Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:12 pm

THis is cool. Bookmarked

graywolf2004
KVRian
538 posts since 15 Apr, 2012 from Moscow, Russia

Re: BlueARP hardware prototype - share your opinions!

Post Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:23 pm

Small update. For some reason before I overlooked another option for enclosure manufacturing - laser cut acryllic glass. For example, mutable instruments use it and their enclosures look good. There's a choice of options - transparent, semi-transparent, different colours. So I adjusted my design and ordered a first try at ponoko (shipping from US is expensive, but they have good reputation and I hope they will make it high quality). If it works well, I will look for local alternatives.
Still waiting for silicon casted examples from local fab. But I have mixed feelings about it - they already had several tries and fails with the master model.

phreaque
KVRian
993 posts since 17 Jul, 2007 from Baghdad-Iq

Post Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:38 am

Perfect, mutable instruments chassis look always elegant and carefully cut, hopefully the result will look good. Looking forward for upcoming update :) Best of luck
Saif Sameer - content designer
Reveal-Sound Image-Line SoundCloud

BasariStudios
KVRian
1314 posts since 25 Sep, 2011 from New York

Post Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:50 am

I can imagine this in a Eurorack Module, uhh!
http://www.basaristudios.com
Cubase 8.5 Pro. Windows 7 X64. ASUS SaberTooth X99. Intel I7 5820K. ASUS GTX 960 Strix OC 2GB. 4x8 GB G.SKILL. 2 850 PRO 256GB.
Prime Total. Acustica: Nebula Server 3, Scarlett 2, Amethyst, Murano, Titanium, Magenta 3, Navy.

vitocorleone123
KVRist
463 posts since 30 Jun, 2014 from Pacific NW

Post Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:55 am

There's a new little arp box out (competitor) - I'm linking to the news about it, not the manufacturer or store: https://www.gearnews.com/arpeggio-the-c ... struments/

graywolf2004
KVRian
538 posts since 15 Apr, 2012 from Moscow, Russia

Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:56 pm

Several days ago I received laser-cut enclosure from ponoko. The quality is amazing, I am really impressed. And it is not only enclosure, but also laser engraving on top, which is pretty accurate and readable.
Still I have some flaws in the design I will correct. But it is OK for the 1st try , I expected that.
I won't yet post the photos - will wail until I assemble the whole thing.
Still waiting for silicon casted enclosure. Bat as far as I've seen, acrylic will be my primary option.
Cheaper, looking gorgeous, no need for separate silkscreen printing, various colour options, including transparent and semi-transparent.

Meanwhile I was working on control interface for the hardware unit. The idea was the following - use the same GUI to make control interface, which will synchronize with the unit via sysex midi messages over USB, basically the same way all other synths do. It took me quite a long time, but it finally works! I think it will be one of the coolest features. You can use convenient software interface to program patterns\chains, then leave computer and play with hardware only.

PS. Euro rack is one thing I consider in the future, but now it is too far away to think about. I have to finalize the desktop unit first and ship at least several dozens of them (hopefully).

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”