Spire Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elektro Synth 1.5 Spire Presets Spire

chk071 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:53 pm Here:
vega555 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:33 am Renaming the plugin is definitely not the right solution. The old version runs another engine, which is not compatible with the projects using the version with the new engine(spire-1.1).
Oh right, I misunderstood that. Anyway it's just too much of a hassle to use Spire with me being a preset monkey. I bought ANA 2 to use instead, amazingly the preset browser is pretty much as good as Omnisphere!
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

Doesn't sound as good though. ;)

To each his own.

kenny saunders wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:00 pm
It's nothing to do with supporting 3rd party browsers, its case of you just not naming the plugin differently every time you update it!

Right yeah the amazing built in preset browser where you have to save and load individual presets using windows explorer. So

1. synth menu
2. load sound
3. windows explorer
4. load sound

Repeat everytime, can't even press forward backward arrows.

All because you have the pointless insistence on naming your plugin with the version number, why is it more important to you to put the version number in the actual name of the plugin, than the ease of use by the people who buy it!!??
I just checked on my system. There's only 2 Spire versions : spire.dll and spire-1.1.dll
Also, for Cubase, only 2 folders exist inside the vst3 presets folder (in your documents) : spire and spire1.1

ALL the banks and presets that were saved in Spire are inside the proper folder (somewhere in your system folders), meaning you can open all your banks and presets (from all versions) from 1 location.

Important is that you save all your presets inside Spire. This means you create a bank and save your presets in that bank (this can be done with copy/paste and the drop-down menu).

But yes, that is a tedious job. That's why we want a better preset browser, to make that process easier. (i have hundreds of Splice presets alone so you can understand how many times i had to manually do this).

Once your sounds are in a bank, you can just use next/prev to select every preset.
All your banks can be easily opened in the menu and you can have as many banks as you wish.

But again : Save everything inside Spire, not in Cubase. I use the Cubase browser usually for temporary preset tweaks and variations, but once i have a sound that i'm satisfied with, i save it inside Spire so i can quickly and easily select it.
More BPM please

kenny saunders wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:49 pm Oh right, I misunderstood that. Anyway it's just too much of a hassle to use Spire with me being a preset monkey. I bought ANA 2 to use instead, amazingly the preset browser is pretty much as good as Omnisphere!
And the funny thing is that Ana2 also doesn't work with the Cubase browser. :wink:

(and Spire is a better synth anyway, and much more presets are available for it)
More BPM please

I just want to make sure you guys know you can load 128 presets at once in a blank spire bank. It's not so tedious.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

I save all my presets in Studio One preset browser. So yes, I have to keep both spire.dll and spire-1.1.dll in order to have access to my older presets and also for compatibility with old projects.

Not such a big problem, actually.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Touch The Universe wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:51 pm I just want to make sure you guys know you can load 128 presets at once in a blank spire bank. It's not so tedious.
That doesn't work with presets you saved in your daw. Which was kind of what we were talking about :wink:
More BPM please

Haha, okay. It took me a bit to figure that out 🤣
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

chk071 wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:52 pm Doesn't sound as good though. ;)

To each his own.
That’s a bit controversial. ANA2 sounds on par with big players, including Spire.
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

No, it doesn't.

:P

TBH, it has that flat,thin, soft and clinical Dune sound about it, that seems to popular these days. I.e., the opposite of character. To each his own. I'm sure you get a lot of use out of it, when you're into that kind of sound.

IT DOES NOT :evil:
Weapons of choice (subject to change):
Godin Redline, Kuassa, Fuse Audio, Audiority, Roland A-500pro, Dune, Dagger, TAL, Reaper for Rock & Synthwave pleasures; Viper and FL Studio for guilty EDM pleasures

;)

dionenoid wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:28 pm
kenny saunders wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:00 pm
It's nothing to do with supporting 3rd party browsers, its case of you just not naming the plugin differently every time you update it!

Right yeah the amazing built in preset browser where you have to save and load individual presets using windows explorer. So

1. synth menu
2. load sound
3. windows explorer
4. load sound

Repeat everytime, can't even press forward backward arrows.

All because you have the pointless insistence on naming your plugin with the version number, why is it more important to you to put the version number in the actual name of the plugin, than the ease of use by the people who buy it!!??
I just checked on my system. There's only 2 Spire versions : spire.dll and spire-1.1.dll
Also, for Cubase, only 2 folders exist inside the vst3 presets folder (in your documents) : spire and spire1.1

ALL the banks and presets that were saved in Spire are inside the proper folder (somewhere in your system folders), meaning you can open all your banks and presets (from all versions) from 1 location.

Important is that you save all your presets inside Spire. This means you create a bank and save your presets in that bank (this can be done with copy/paste and the drop-down menu).

But yes, that is a tedious job. That's why we want a better preset browser, to make that process easier. (i have hundreds of Splice presets alone so you can understand how many times i had to manually do this).

Once your sounds are in a bank, you can just use next/prev to select every preset.
All your banks can be easily opened in the menu and you can have as many banks as you wish.

But again : Save everything inside Spire, not in Cubase. I use the Cubase browser usually for temporary preset tweaks and variations, but once i have a sound that i'm satisfied with, i save it inside Spire so i can quickly and easily select it.

I had 4 directories, but yeah I guess making my own banks would be the best way to go about it, as I'd still like to use spire for some sounds. Thanks.
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

chk071 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:41 am TBH, it has that flat,thin, soft and clinical Dune sound about it, that seems to popular these days. I.e., the opposite of character. To each his own. I'm sure you get a lot of use out of it, when you're into that kind of sound.
Spire has that lifeless, soulless, dead sound that seems to be so popular with some people these days.

Dune 3 wipes the floor with Spire. The idea that Dune 3 is "flat,thin, soft" is hilarious....... :lol:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:06 pm
chk071 wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:41 am TBH, it has that flat,thin, soft and clinical Dune sound about it, that seems to popular these days. I.e., the opposite of character. To each his own. I'm sure you get a lot of use out of it, when you're into that kind of sound.
Spire has that lifeless, soulless, dead sound that seems to be so popular with some people these days.

Dune 3 wipes the floor with Spire. The idea that Dune 3 is "flat,thin, soft" is hilarious....... :lol:
Of course the real truth is that both Spire and Dune 3 sound fantastic...

Return to “Instruments”