One Synth Challenge #131: Syncla-X (Voting Over, results pending)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Final Results: Taron - Reef is the Winner!!!! :hail: :hail: :hail: :hail:

1. Taron - Reef - 71
2. exponent1 - Bhavisya - 69
3. zarf - undergy - 67

4. vert-hex - Transfer Protocol - 62
5. bh9090 - z-low - 58
6. ELEX - The Kingdom Of Eleven - 56pts
7. Aetherlight - Synclassic - 56pts
8. DoctorBob - Synclapations - 53pts
9. Leonard Bowman - five shades of blue but not gloomy - 52pts
10. functionform - Preset 1 - 47pts
11. IV! - Mystery Acoustic Desynclafication - 42pts
12. knc - On going placement - 42pts
dq. 574x - The Greatest Asset Of Every Business Is Addiction - 68pts

Prizes:\n
First place winner, please announce your chosen prize in a reply here on this thread. Next place winners, follow up, one after the other. You may choose to skip. To receive the prize, it may take some time (even a week-month+), but be patient. :hug: NOTE: prizes are for top 3 positions only this month (only 13 entries) Prizes may not be passed below 3rd place

:phones: :phones: :clap: :clap:

Scoresheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... h3eekjo5RQ

Wah, that's awesome, THANK Y'ALL! :hyper: :hug: :party:
Now I can get the discoDSP: Discovery, HORRAY! :phones:
...and even better, if Ex wanted to, he could get one, too! :hyper:

Congrats to all and commiserations to 574X on being DQ for something like late voting...but it happens. But I'm thrilled for Zarf, who deserves so much more often to be up there! :tu:

Thank you, Richard and BJ and also the young prodigy, Valmont (is it Mooggy?), behind DSE, who made this curiously rough gem of a synth.
Last edited by Taron on Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Congrats everyone! :clap:
Thanks a lot Richard, BJ and Mooggy (for making this unique synth) :hug:
As my prize, I'd like Outer Space by AudioThing please :)
Last edited by exponent1 on Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Congrats to the top 3. No questions in my mind … but, well done everyone for making tracks - all pretty damned good IMO :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

db

Well done, everyone
quick, _ake what you want in life

:D Congrats Taron and Exponent and all :tu:, and thanks for your votes :)
For a prize I'd love to take the SoundGym subscription please! :hyper:

@Taron, thanks for your encouragement once again. I believe the votes don't lie (much, often :wink: ) - and I will need to up my game to join the illustrious company of OSC 1st place winners! (Workin' on it...)

here are my votes anyway
Taron
zarf
The Exponent

Transfer Protocol
Aetherlight
Preset 1

bh9090
DoctorBob
Knc
ELEX
Leonard Bowman
Mystery Acoustic Desynclafication

1 UC
Last edited by 574X on Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

deleted
Last edited by 574X on Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Congrats to the winners. :clap: Fine tracks, once more. And cheers to all for making generally good stuff. :tu:

zarf wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:46 pm I believe the votes don't lie (much, often :wink: ) - and I will need to up my game to join the illustrious company of OSC 1st place winners! (Workin' on it...)
Sorry not sorry to burst your bubble but the voting system is not effective, as generosity is inversely proportional to the difficulty of the competition for you. The usual winners are obviously aware of this. Not to worry, as I'm the most generous voter, it's always easier for everyone else than me :tu: , however I haven't mentioned this in the hopes that I can continue voting honestly, ranking each person's work to the quality standard that their personal style has set a precedent for...

574X wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 2:14 am
zarf wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:46 pm I believe the votes don't lie (much, often :wink: ) - and I will need to up my game to join the illustrious company of OSC 1st place winners! (Workin' on it...)
Sorry not sorry to burst your bubble but the voting system is not effective, as generosity is inversely proportional to the difficulty of the competition for you. The usual winners are obviously aware of this. Not to worry, as I'm the most generous voter, it's always easier for everyone else than me :tu: , however I haven't mentioned this in the hopes that I can continue voting honestly, ranking each person's work to the quality standard that their personal style has set a precedent for...
Haha, bubble not burst! :hihi:
I'm well aware of the inverse generosity:difficulty relationship. It crosses my mind sometimes when I'm finding myself giving out lots of 5s (for example) but I always do it anyway - I can honestly say I've never reduced a score in order to boost my own result - that would be far from the point of this for me :) So it sounds like we vote 'honestly' in a similar-ish way (though I don't disagree that generally you do certainly vote very generously, and that your position will be generally altered downwards in the field because of that)

I've not observed that to be critical - at least for me, so far - in getting to the top though (which I've never achieved yet btw). But I've not done any kind of proper analysis and this stuff can be notoriously counter-intuitive. This month's data, for example, doesn't really seem to support your bursing of my bubble position :ud: (e.g. ignoring the 'DQ' - your generosity was average this month, and also if we took out the votes of the top 5 people, the top 5 positions don't change order at all!)

Sure - I'm in a bubble. It's "bubbles (turtles) all the way down", no? Or is there an OSC-red-pill that produces aligned perception rather than still more divergent bubbles? 8)

(All in good spirit - interesting point :tu: )

The only thing I like about the voting is that I get to listen to all the tracks carefully, driven to the extra mile by the obligation, hehe. :borg: ...but I almost always use voting and commenting to share the best of my understanding and support all in a way that feels right to me. Admittedly, I can be annoyed by certain tracks that don't feel genuine to me, like when I hear that hopes of winning were stronger than the pleasure of and urge to really make music or explore the power of a synth. Sometimes this impression can be very wrong, of course, but it happens. Telltale for this can be the use of certain common, overused recipes and when it's quite clear that the artist almost phoned it in, so to say. Some are so undeniable that even my idealistic disrespect can't stop me from giving them a 5, because my artistic respect understands the achievement too well.
Maybe there is yet another thing I like about voting. It's a fascinating study of character, being human, dreams, ambitions, intuitions, dedication and growth. We get to experience such deep glimpses into personal states and developments across all borders, all over the world. Hmmmm...I would love to see a list of all the countries represented among us! I think, that would be awesome! :hyper:

Anyway, always look and aim for the love of music you have in your heart and the pleasure of exploration! Make it a win for yourself before your track's submission!
Like with any and all works of art, that which you felt when you made it, even the unconscious parts, it not only goes into your creation, but it comes right out to all who listen, consciously or otherwise.

Every time I read comments about voting, I get the feeling that all of you have access to information about who gave how many points to whom... If this is the case, can I find out how to do it? I promise to remain unbiased in my assessments :D (despite the fact that each of us votes based on our own criteria)
Taron wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:32 am Hmmmm...I would love to see a list of all the countries represented among us! I think, that would be awesome! :hyper:
I fully support it, it would be great to make a "geographical map" of the OSC. I feel that people gather here who put friendly communication and selfless creativity above politics and personal differences! :hug: Of course, I am ready to respect the desire of everyone who wants to remain incognito, this is the basis of communication in the web! 8) But I will be happy if someone else responds! I probably just missed this point in filling out the profile, as I was in a hurry to post my first work :ud: (not only in OSC, but also in my life). I'm from Russia :tu:

IV! wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:43 pm Every time I read comments about voting, I get the feeling that all of you have access to information about who gave how many points to whom... If this is the case, can I find out how to do it? I promise to remain unbiased in my assessments :D (despite the fact that each of us votes based on our own criteria)
Taron wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:32 am Hmmmm...I would love to see a list of all the countries represented among us! I think, that would be awesome! :hyper:
I fully support it, it would be great to make a "geographical map" of the OSC. I feel that people gather here who put friendly communication and selfless creativity above politics and personal differences! :hug: Of course, I am ready to respect the desire of everyone who wants to remain incognito, this is the basis of communication in the web! 8) But I will be happy if someone else responds! I probably just missed this point in filling out the profile, as I was in a hurry to post my first work :ud: (not only in OSC, but also in my life). I'm from Russia :tu:
If you look at the google sheet that is released with the results - the second tab contains all the detailed voting data. That is what you seem to be missing I think.

I'm in the North West of England, by the way :)

Thanks, now I found it!) A stunningly organized spreadsheet!

Return to “Instruments”