Genesis Pro

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Genesis Pro The Sound Experience

Teksonik wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:53 pm Maybe Behringer would be interested in doing a hardware version ? They certainly have the manufacturing facilities.
Genesis pro hardware needs to be released first. Then Uli can make Behresis Pro that costs only 800€ instead of 2500€.

Maybe you can talk Ableton into bringing back 32-bit VST support so it can run Genesis Pro. LOL.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:47 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:53 pm Maybe Behringer would be interested in doing a hardware version ? They certainly have the manufacturing facilities.
Genesis pro hardware needs to be released first. Then Uli can make Behresis Pro that costs only 800€ instead of 2500€.
And who else would you suggest has the facilities to manufacture such an indie hardware synth ?

Either way you could expect any Genesis Pro hardware to cost a small fortune. I'd wager a bet that a hardware version will never see the light of day....... :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

My brain can't figure out how to use any outboard gear that's not MIDI 2.0 or higher. Sorry in advance Ummet.

anttimaatteri wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:36 pm
GRUMP wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:00 pm
GRUMP wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:58 pm
recursive one wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:51 pm
GRUMP wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:48 pm
wagtunes wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:12 pm Sounds absolutely fantastic. Makes me wish I still bought synths. I'm sure it'll do very well.
I´ve heard Rumors that it´ll be given away for 1$.
I've heard rumors it will be 32 bit only but don't take my word for it
That´s just Fake News. Look into his Eyes. This Man is not kidding. But anyway ... 1$ smells like a dirty Marketing Trick. He shurely hopes to sell Millions of Licences this way. That´s not good for the Market if you ask me. And bad for him: I have sworn to myself to never buy a cheap VST again. Never agin. Never. The AIEP Rubbish (AIR), IA Sektor and the daily PluginBoutique-Newsletters frequently remind me to remain strong!°
ok then, when does the "cheap" boiling point is starting to kick in? 2Euros, 200Euros or is it just that typical elitist thing,or that capitalist thinking "oh its not cheap it must be good" and its slight derviate "oh it wasnt cheap, i spent a lot of money so it must be good"?

of course it could be a marketing trick. and why not. its f**king capitalism dude, theres nothing dirty in it to trick people into buying things and make profit. or selling it for whatever price i wanna sale it.
oh i just saw, you´re from germany...
No that was a Joke. Read between the Lines. I mean - I have too much already. We all have too much. And what I really do not need is an other Synth. And believe me - one Day you´ll hopefully understand what I mean with "not good for the Market". I´d gladly support him witch a fair Price for a good Product. But I don´t want to support him with 1$ because other People will not support others with a fair Price for a good Product anymore because they have others for 1$. That´s also why I´ll never get an iZotops Product or a single Waves Plugin ;-)

How to overhype a piece of ancient technology :roll:

The new and spectacular synthesizer will be 32-bit VST, but the next version that will cost 2 Euros will be 64-bit, Genesis Pro II ... :hyper:

OK, so will it be released some day or will I have to torture puppies again ???
Please don’t read the above post. It’s a stupid one. Simply pass.

LoL guys what alot of comments hehe. No one ever support my products like this whos not 32 bit :p But im happy fot ummet Who made a such Nice synth. But its pretty strange he dident make it 64 bit to.

yobare wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:45 am LoL guys what alot of comments hehe. No one ever support my products like this whos not 32 bit :p But im happy fot ummet Who made a such Nice synth. But its pretty strange he dident make it 64 bit to.
Well you have to face the reality, Ummet made actually seems to be interesting (and quite inovating on some aspects) and good synth. Also he is a proven name with his soundsets and previous Genesis CM version. So thats why you see so much comments on his thread and your's not.

teilo wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:45 pm
izonin wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:20 am And then 90% of all users are on Windows vs. 10% Mac. So, purely by number, there are more people that can use Genesis Pro vs. any MacOS only synth.
That's a red herring. The total Mac vs. Windows users are irrelevant. The only ones that matter are those who do music production, and there the numbers are completely different. I don't know if Mac still predominates, but it must be close.
People who produce music have invested thousands of $$$ in software. And this is the beauty of Genesis Pro. Anyone can download a free DAW like Podium Free, and start making music for $1. That's basically anyone who owns a Windows 7/8/10 laptop or desktop. :party:

Ye seems like a intresting synth and very good. But i just dont understand why it should only be 32 bit. All People want 64 bit. Mybe he can make a better version with 64 bit.

And elektronisch i respect that to. Some synth creators gets more attention. And thats The thing. All cant get alot of feedback for their synths. But its strange he dident go for a 64 bit version with such a synth.

yobare wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:29 pm And elektronisch i respect that to. Some synth creators gets more attention. And thats The thing. All cant get alot of feedback for their synths. But its strange he dident go for a 64 bit version with such a synth.
He did explained why he didnt go 64 bit, whats not to understand? :)

If you are comparing the feedback to yourself, to be honest you have so much similar to each other synths, that i personaly dont even bother checking and skip. If you notice all the respected developers focus on 1 synth at the time instead of 16 copies of each other inspired by other vst plugins :) And there is alot of feedback to write, but not everyone wants to give a negative feedback :)
Last edited by Elektronisch on Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

yobare wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:29 pm And elektronisch i respect that to. Some synth creators gets more attention. And thats The thing. All cant get alot of feedback for their synths. But its strange he dident go for a 64 bit version with such a synth.
It has been mentioned so many times in this thread already. When Ummet started this project 8 years ago SynthEdit was only 32-bit. He has used modules in Genesis Pro that haven't been ported to 64-bit since development of those was stopped many years ago. He would have been forced to start over again, and how many years more would that take?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Return to “Instruments”