Unfiltered audio Triad

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

and not a single word about catalina and notarization...

muki wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:28 pm and not a single word about catalina and notarization...
well... "November 14, 2018"

muki wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:28 pm and not a single word about catalina and notarization...
and this took 2 seconds to find...

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/news ... 02.19.html

oops...
thank you!

It looks like our plugins will be updated in the next week or so. A major crash was found in Pro Tools regarding loading PNG files on Catalina. It's a bug that will be fixed in PT 2019.2 (https://forum.juce.com/t/aax-crash-on-catalina/36951), but we didn't want to wait for that. PA just sent us replacement vector files for all of their licenser images, so we are producing new builds that will be officially released.

For those using builds from the public beta page: they will be almost identical except for the PNG fix and for updated, stricter codesigning and notarization. If you use Pro Tools on Catalina, don't download the new builds yet.

But who would be that crazy? I mean ProTools managed to be broken on almost every Mac OS upgrade since decades...

I had reported this sometime last year (or was it the year before)
some other developers had the issue (Tal for one), but they all have been fix if I recall except this.
Dual Monitor PC, opening it in Nuendo on the secondary screen.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

Hi All.

I am comparing BYOME against TRIAD.

What is the simplest way to get a BYOME preset in TRIAD to sound exactly like it does when using BYOME? As right now the same named "preset" sounds totally different to me and I am pretty lost. :help:

Thanks in advance for your help. :pray:

BBC

barbecutie wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:18 am Hi All.

What is the simplest way to get a BYOME preset in TRIAD to sound exactly like it does when using BYOME? As right now the same named "preset" sounds totally different to me and I am pretty lost. :help:

BBC
Triad has 3 bands (splits the frequency range into 3 and applies a different series of effects to each range), whereas Byome only has 1. So for a similarly or identically named preset I am assuming that only one Triad band has the same settings as Byome. So you would have to identify which band that is and collapse Triad down to one band (the one with those settings). To do that you'd have to pull the frequency crossover ranges to a point where only the one band is affecting the sound across the entire audible range (there is no way to just turn the other 2 bands off unfortunately).

Local Man wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:53 am

BBC
Triad has 3 bands (splits the frequency range into 3 and applies a different series of effects to each range), whereas Byome only has 1. So for a similarly or identically named preset I am assuming that only one Triad band has the same settings as Byome. So you would have to identify which band that is and collapse Triad down to one band (the one with those settings). To do that you'd have to pull the frequency crossover ranges to a point where only the one band is affecting the sound across the entire audible range (there is no way to just turn the other 2 bands off unfortunately).
Hi Local Man.

Thanks for taking to time to explain how this is set up in TRIAD. That gives me hope.

I will play around with this some more and see if I can make it match.

Much appreciated! :hug:

BBC

I realised that Triad is quite a great multi band track limiter. That makes it very useful as a serious mixing tool.

Can any one with Plugin Doctor check if it’s its completely free of processing artefacts?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I bought in for $30. Seems like an interesting tool to have in the box. Along with Shaperbox2.

BBC
I think there is a much simpler solution:choose 2* parallel and only add effects to the pre/post serial BYOME.

barbecutie wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:22 am

BBC
Hi Local Man.

Thanks for taking to time to explain how this is set up in TRIAD. That gives me hope.

I will play around with this some more and see if I can make it match.

Much appreciated! :hug:

BBC
Triad doesn't have Byome's AGC function (automatic gain control), so that might be an obstacle to getting patches sounding the same. The AGC in Byome is one of my favourite features - perhaps a little misleadingly named because it follows the unprocessed input signal in super-tight, twitchy fashion rather than doing gentle levelling. It's more like an 'amplitude transfer' function. I think I've already mentioned this in either this or the Byome thread, but I'd love to have the AGC as a module so its usable in Triad and/or can be injected anywhere in Byome's signal path rather than always being the final step.

Return to “Effects”