Computer Music Magazine removed from Google?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings, I can't seem to find my previously purchased magazines from Google. It doesn't seem the mag is able to be purchased on there anymore either? Maybe I'm missing or overlooking something? :scared:

I got mine at Zinio
https://www.zinio.com/computer-music-m3730
There are -50% sales during the year.

I can see mine via the Google News app on Android; go to the Following tab and scroll down until you find the Magazines section.
ABLETON LIVE 12 & PUSH2
Soundcloud: Nation of Korea vs Shitty Dog

Yeah, that's how to access them.

mcnelson wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:32 am I can see mine via the Google News app on Android; go to the Following tab and scroll down until you find the Magazines section.
Hah?
There is a better way than Zinio?
Less expensive?
Is there a link to the Google News?
Then find the magazine section?

Did you read the first post properly?

Thanks for the reply's. I forgot to mention that I'm using a PC, not a mobile device. I used to be able to access them via my desktop. I can see my purchase history, but they no longer lead to the products. Computer Music mag don't seem to be listed on Google anymore when using search either. Unless it's now only accessible via News app as previously mentioned.

CM, also removed links from their site that previously led to Zinio and Google. They now only list this site- myfavouritemagazines.co.uk - that seems to be about subscriptions. I suspect this is why I can no longer access my mags via Google on PC. Can anyone actually see CM listed for purchase on Google outside of using an app? If so, can someone post the landing page? Looks like I'll have to use Zinio for future purchases.

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:07 am Go here: https://news.google.com/my/magazines
A big thanks to you! :hyper:

No probs. :tu:

"Dear Reader, we are sorry to inform you that Computer Music will no longer be available on Google News from January 2020."
That is the first sentence of the Closure Notice they did sent out via Google News at the end of 2019.

I went to PocketMags instead.

Shame. I purchased a couple of issues on Google Play.

I have a feeling Google wants to completely scratch selling magazines there.

chk071 wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:07 am Go here: https://news.google.com/my/magazines
Thanks that was helpful.

Here's a tip on how some of you can get CM for free. If you travel and stay at participating hotels, or fly certain airlines (I know Jet Blue is one of these) there is an app called PRESSREADER which many of them subscribe to and provide limited (a day or two) subscriptions to their customers (instead of keeping stacks of magazines and newspapers). I've discovered that CM is one of PressReader's magazines, and you can download the current AND past issues to your phone or device at no charge, and you can keep them even after your subscription ends. Pretty neat perk.
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”