Spectral Shifting Plugin: FRQ Shift by Tonsturm

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

plexuss wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:32 pm Yes, there is no doubt FRQ is awesome both in terms of sound and features. But, its $90 (intro price) for a frequency shifter. For myself, I have to look at cost vs how much I'd use it and how much of an impact it would have to my work. Also taken into comparison with other similar effects. It's still too much $ for me, at least. Money isn't growing on trees here. I just bought an entire DAW for $60 (Reaper). :party:
I kinda share that notion.
I paid 100€ for Uhbik (coupon for 30%), and it has a Frequency shifter that sound great, has modulation, resizable GUI, BPM sync and offset.
I mean, its not quite as flexible as Tonstrum, but it sounds great and you also get 9 other effects with it. Frequency shifter probably being the least used of the Uhbiks here. :)

that said, tonstrum looks great and the demos sound very nice

Hey everyone,

as for the feature suggestions we are taking notes here and a few of the things being mentioned are already on top of our list.
The discount only lasts 24 Hrs from today on. If you are VAT registered you can exclude the VAT during checkout.

https://tonsturm.com/software/frqshift/

Cheers!
Tilman

Intro Offer Ends Today!

What offer???
I simply don’t think $90 could be called an offer - But you know that already...;-)

Looking at the Tonsturm site, they are more the post-production business with both their samples and plugins. A bit of a different market than music production. I think this affects the price - I've seen other plugins from companies in the post market and they are also much higher than those aimed at music production.

plexuss wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:46 pm Looking at the Tonsturm site, they are more the post-production business with both their samples and plugins. A bit of a different market than music production. I think this affects the price - I've seen other plugins from companies in the post market and they are also much higher than those aimed at music production.
True.
probably because post market makes more money that music production per project, but is also much smaller so i imagine there isn't so many sales. You can afford a specialized post tool within a single project's budget usually.
Even iZotope's post tools are priced much higher than their music production tools.

OK OK OK. I bought the damn thing. It does do some very nice unique pretty sounding things to synths especially pads. I am only buying it because I just completed my first day a new job, and, because you Tonstrurm peeps seem cool. But if it wasn't for this new lucrative job I wouldn't have bought it - I consider a splurge. But considering your market, your price makes sense. How about "mini" versions with a cheaper price for us music production guys. Some/many of us make $0 and even have to PAY to put our music out there. Stuff to consider... :phones:

The modulation section is pretty sexy...

Check out Tonsturm's sound libraries! Wow, check the specs! After checkout I got a 33% off coupon for their Esoteric Metal library. Amazing. Still $185 CAD after the discount... : / Great stuff though! https://tonsturm.com/soundpacks/esoteric-metal/

:D congrats, nice :)

That looks like a pretty slick setup. I doubt it can do many things that can’t already be done with what I have, but I’m sure it’s fun. For really sound design heavy work I’m sure it could be a timesaver.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Just watched a vid on it and was about to buy then saw the price. Yep, I’m out.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

I wonder how many of these they've sold. I've just checked a few threads on various forums and the interest died out almost immediately.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:02 pm I wonder how many of these they've sold. I've just checked a few threads on various forums and the interest died out almost immediately.
If you look at their site its targetted more to post professionals and not so much the commerical music sector. That might be part of the story.

I did buy it. It's really nice!

plexuss wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:05 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:02 pm I wonder how many of these they've sold. I've just checked a few threads on various forums and the interest died out almost immediately.
If you look at their site its targetted more to post professionals and not so much the commerical music sector. That might be part of the story.

I did buy it. It's really nice!
Oh yeah it sounds fantastic for sure and it's on the list to buy, but only at half the price. If it never drops to that I'm not fussed in the slightest though.

Re the targeting toward post: I don't see why they would want a freq shifter? Surely they're more noise reduction/clinical EQ etc, as opposed to a creative effect. After all, by definition, creation is the the production phase :shrug:

Mushy Mushy wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:09 pm
Oh yeah it sounds fantastic for sure and it's on the list to buy, but only at half the price. If it never drops to that I'm not fussed in the slightest though.

Re the targeting toward post: I don't see why they would want a freq shifter? Surely they're more noise reduction/clinical EQ etc, as opposed to a creative effect. After all, by definition, creation is the the production phase :shrug:
i do a little post on the side from time to time. (proper in a big cinema stages)

i never ever saw anyone use a freq shifter. probably happened, but i've never seen it.

in any case, they posted it here so they probably wanted to dabble in the music production market as well.

Post prices are insane. Even at izotope, if you compare their Music tools VS post tools the price difference is immense

The 'high price for professionals post production studios' argument always makes me laugh to be honest and I know a lot of companies use it to sell their stuff. But I don't buy it. See, I've worked for a long time in that industry for film post production (not anymore so maybe it changed!?) but back then, budgets were tight as hell and bosses often pushed us to find tools for cheap, especially for plugins & software. I've seen some very basic commercial reverb plugins used for quick tasks. So the high price tag tailor made for big production studios always been a placebo effect in my mind more than anything else.

Therefore, we're back again at the good old high priced delay for Elton John! :P

Return to “Effects”