New SPRING reverb coming from EVENTIDE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
H9 Series: Spring

MadDogE134 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:05 pm plates or springs without the metallic sound kinda defeats the purpose of using either imo :) cheers
^this

functionform wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:39 pm ...easily another no brainer from Eventide.
+1

MadDogE134 wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:05 pm plates or springs without the metallic sound kinda defeats the purpose of using either imo :) cheers
Only if you intend to use them in the same way people did in the 60s and 70s.

Has anyone compared the Eventide Spring to Twangström yet?

yes, totally different

sqigls wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:54 pm yes, totally different
Can you tell as a little more about it? Like - which sources does it work better with and on which you prefer Twangström?

Twangstrom more for synths, guitars... it's versatile and creative, but overall kinda dark and has the 'round' u-he sound.
Spring sounds great on drums, haven't explored it yet, but it's quick to work with and is great for dub/reggae sounds obviously... i like the overall package and sound.

My go-to would be AudioThing Springs though. it doesn't take up too much space. it sounds a bit more natural maybe, it's not so dense ... and has a whole bunch of different algos. Quite tweakable.

I changed my opinion about SPRING. For me the value is in the multi-parameter automation. That makes it do some cool things. Also the trem is pretty nice sounding. I should have know as I have all the other ones in this style/pedal emulation - the morphing is the key feature.

Thanks for giving us a second chance, Plexuss! The Ribbon controller and HotSwitch really up the game when it comes to automation and live performance.

sqigls wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 2:42 pm Twangstrom... has the 'round' u-he sound.
This communicates exactly Nothing.

Does anyone have issues with the iLok and this plugin / Blackhole?
I have recently tried the Softube Modular, which is also "protected" by iLok, and it was freezing the DAW every autosave, so I'm curious if these plugins have similar issues with the iLok.

roman.i wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:05 pm Does anyone have issues with the iLok and this plugin / Blackhole?
I have recently tried the Softube Modular, which is also "protected" by iLok, and it was freezing the DAW every autosave, so I'm curious if these plugins have similar issues with the iLok.
Hi, I checked with our support team and there are no known iLok issues with any of our plug-ins.

roman.i wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 5:05 pm Does anyone have issues with the iLok and this plugin / Blackhole?
No, never.

I'm very pleased with Eventide plugin line, especially the Clockworks Legacy series, SP2016 Reverb. Absolutely the best Native FX that can be had ITB.

Hoping to see an overhauled H3000 plugin modeled 1:1 on the hardware.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Return to “Effects”