[New Age]Project the five buddhas: Almighty Conqueror

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/sevarandeep/almighty-conqueror

Workingtime: 4 hrs
Used: FL Studio, Omnisphere and Alchemy 1.5 (there's still no soft synth like Alchemy for a windows machine)

I like the lush quality of this. The instruments blend well. The bell/wind chimes sound felt a little cliched. I like the single note lead and its interplay with the sitar-y part. It's mixed well. This could work as a film score. I could hear a hand drum or other percussion texture mixed in at points, I don't think that would have compromised the new age feel of the track. Nice work.

I'll be posting some of my music soon.

Death Row Archie wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:38 pm I like the lush quality of this. The instruments blend well. The bell/wind chimes sound felt a little cliched. I like the single note lead and its interplay with the sitar-y part. It's mixed well. This could work as a film score. I could hear a hand drum or other percussion texture mixed in at points, I don't think that would have compromised the new age feel of the track. Nice work.

I'll be posting some of my music soon.
Thanks for your feedback.

As far as New Age music goes, this was well done! The shifts in lead instrument over the course of the piece kept things gently varied enough to avoid becoming stale, without being too jarring. The atmosphere was very lush.

I agree with Archie that the wind chimes were a bit cliche. I also agree that some sparse percussion here and there may have been nice, but not essential. Some of the release times of the instruments (synth parts and strings) sounded a little too short, so that they sounded cut off rather than smoothly releasing into the void of shunyata :wink: . The delay made up for this a bit, but I would still have liked to hear smoother releases.

The bell and throat-singing-like sounds made sense with the Tibetan imagery, and the throat-singing-like sound was really really cool. In general the way the soundscape played with overtones made for a deep, shimmering vibe. Hoping we get to hear the other four :tu:

I agree about slower release times...and i would add slower attacks as well for that matter.

Anyway, well done, it kept my interest throughout

Finally getting around to listening to this. Hard to believe you did all this in just 4 hours. Anyway, very well done. Nothing I can think of to nitpick about. Two :tu: :tu:

wagtunes wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 3:38 pm Finally getting around to listening to this. Hard to believe you did all this in just 4 hours. Anyway, very well done. Nothing I can think of to nitpick about. Two :tu: :tu:

Return to “Music Cafe”