Who produces electronic music and has an album ready?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

debra1rlo wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:30 pm I would like to know more about the talking Hamburger
:D Still have to figure out, which artist would be ok with an Hamburger reviewing his album. Thinking of Aphex Twin.

(It's a vegan one, by the way!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:52 pm ...But the one thing that someone who talks for the whole video might want to get 'right' is the voice. But we clearly have completely different ideas of what is 'right', so I'll leave you alone with your "concept" :tu:
Didn't say the voice thing is "right", but it's part of the concept. Maybe in the future we might end up with skipping the avatar, even a narrator, just bold text over album snippets, since some apps can read it with the voice of your choice. Or a Barry White voice emulation, veeeery deep, calm. Who knows. I think I've mentioned it a few times, we've just started and we love experimenting with a lot of things. Let the kids play around. But thanks for your critics/feedback anyway!

highkoo wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:25 pm Ok, @topic,
OP, I think there is a lot of demand on both sides of this thing, but you are really missing a lot of the good electronic music by focusing on albums. Thats not where the goods are at, imo.
imo, Both the graphics and the processing of the vocals are borderline weird, but passable.
You mean, a review on single tracks makes sense too? If a review for smaller releases than an album, then I'd agree maximally with EPs. Or what's in your mind?

EMReviews wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:45 am
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:52 pm ...But the one thing that someone who talks for the whole video might want to get 'right' is the voice. But we clearly have completely different ideas of what is 'right', so I'll leave you alone with your "concept" :tu:
Didn't say the voice thing is "right", but it's part of the concept. Maybe in the future we might end up with skipping the avatar, even a narrator, just bold text over album snippets, since some apps can read it with the voice of your choice. Or a Barry White voice emulation, veeeery deep, calm. Who knows. I think I've mentioned it a few times, we've just started and we love experimenting with a lot of things. Let the kids play around. But thanks for your critics/feedback anyway!
EMReviews wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:45 amDidn't say the voice thing is "right", but it's part of the concept.
It's not uncommon for people to try to brush off negative feedback by swearing that the thing being criticised was intentional. But, to give you the benefit of the doubt, perhaps you could explain which part of your concept involves making a speech-heavy video sound so bad, and why.
EMReviews wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:45 amMaybe in the future we might end up with skipping the avatar, even a narrator, just bold text over album snippets, since some apps can read it with the voice of your choice.
Not sure why you'd think that what people want to do is 'read' ten-minute long videos, or use voice-to-text. Is it your opinion that the information you'll be disseminating is worthy of people jumping through such loopholes?
EMReviews wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:45 amOr a Barry White voice emulation, veeeery deep, calm.
Great! Barry had a great voice to listen to. Unfortunately, having just heard a snippet of the female-narrated video (Which manages to be even more slammed & crappy), I get the feeling you just don't really know how to treat audio, and that you'd only manage to destroy a voice such as Barry's :shrug:
EMReviews wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:45 amLet the kids play around.
That's apt :tu:

BONES wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:02 am How does a post with nothing but a link to Ishkur's Guide to Electronic Music get cleaned out as being off-topic? Given the confusion over what's being sought, which is not made up but real and legitimate (see the aforementioned guide), it would seem to be completely relevant to me.
That's a legit gripe. Some reactions went off the rails but I'll restore that post.

EMReviews wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:37 am(It's a vegan one, by the way!)
At least you have some level of discernment :wink:

im less sure about being in touch now.
agree with elbo, the voiceovers need sorting, its not stylistic its badly done.

yes, youre just starting, but if you want musicians to take the channel seriously, you should too.
i wish you well, hopefully youll get things ironed out in time and settle on a formula that works.
for now, experiment but dont expect everyone to "get it" ;)

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:37 pm
is there even such a thing as a "non vegan digital character burger"?

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:40 pm
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:37 pm
is there even such a thing as a "non vegan digital character burger"?
Digital cows suffer too :shrug:

Not wanting to (hopefully) sound like a dick... but the words 'content creator' make me vomit glass from my eyes...

EMReviews wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:10 am
highkoo wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:25 pm Ok, @topic,
OP, I think there is a lot of demand on both sides of this thing, but you are really missing a lot of the good electronic music by focusing on albums. Thats not where the goods are at, imo.
imo, Both the graphics and the processing of the vocals are borderline weird, but passable.
You mean, a review on single tracks makes sense too? If a review for smaller releases than an album, then I'd agree maximally with EPs. Or what's in your mind?
Yea, I get that an album is a meatier thing to format a review around, and might make for a more enjoyable review to watch. I just mean that in the big scheme of electronic music right now, a whole lot happens outside of full albums. But if youre not being strict about it thats probably enough.
ImageImageImageImage

detritusdave wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:43 pm Not wanting to (hopefully) sound like a dick... but the words 'content creator' make me vomit glass from my eyes...
I'd watch that content, sounds wild.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Content Creators exist because so many people live for content.
ImageImageImageImage

"Content creators" existed long before some dickhead decided to start calling them "content creators". Before we just called them by other, more descriptive names, like "film-maker" or "recording artist". It's nothing more than an effort to elevate nobodies, with nothing of actual value to contribute to anything, well beyond their actual status in the scheme of things.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

detritusdave wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:43 pm Not wanting to (hopefully) sound like a dick... but the words 'content creator' make me vomit glass from my eyes...
Content is what is used to fill empty spaces such as empty boxes, empty cupboards, empty Youtube channels and empty lives. Content is what people create when they don't know how to create art.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”