Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

zvenx wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:41 pm
msvs wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:32 pm very soon there will be the new "V-Man" manager, then it will be much simpler (automatic / 1 click)
meanwhile just do this:

You can renew the time-period by deactivating and reactivating your license on the computer using the

- “Manage Activations” button in your account.
- Click the button "Re-Host License" to de-activate the license
- Then click the Button "Activate Licenses" to activate the license again

This will reset the time-period
say WHAT?
rsp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BB6wj6RyKo

SCNR.

lol
for a bulb...... what the hell...lol
rsp
sound sculptist

SirkusPi wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:54 pm
rlared wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:44 pm Seems like a minor and temporary annoyance to me... Not that big of a deal
The "temporary annoyances" are piling up.

Putting aside whether CodeMeter causes system degradation, there's the whole "install a whole new copy protection scheme for software you've already paid for" issue.

There's the whole confusion at roll-out.

Now there's having to manually reset to copy protection every three months (at least until the new V-Man comes out; I'm not sure what happens then).

Even assuming, for the sake of argument, that each of the above is only a minor annoyance, at what point is it too much? At what point do people start saying, "Look, I paid for this software, I'm actually a legitimate, honest customer, and I'd like to keep using it without hassles"?

I understand (and even greatly sympathize with) VPS' need to protect its property from software pirates. But surely at some point customers are entitled to say "stop making it a hassle for me to use what I paid for, and piling on additional issues that punish me for pirates' misconduct."

You plainly have not reached that point yet. But I think it's reasonable that others have.
Vengeance already advised that very soon it's going to be way easier to use. Also I think it's way less intrusive then a system that requires a dongle. And you get 3 activations per license which is pretty generous.

It takes literally one minute to renew the license right now. It's unbelievable at the level of bitching on KVR about it. . . it's been going on for months. Now Manuel won't even barely participate on KVR due to the level of abuse, and for me that's a real loss because I don't use Facebook.

A bit more than a minute for each (x2 at my end).
A dongle is the easiest form of protection short of no protection. If you ever have to move between computers or upgrade a computer I would love to hear you argue against that.

Anyway glad you are ok with it, hopefully it won't have to happen again manually.
rsp
sound sculptist

How convinient to ask for a license everytime again. I wonder what would happen if they went out of business, the servers are down or just don't like you anymore... :oops:

rlared wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:54 pm
Also I think it's way less intrusive then a system that requires a dongle. And you get 3 activations per license which is pretty generous.
You don't get it: it is all about the specific dongle situation, where the dongle need re-authorisation from time to time. If more companies would go that route ...
rlared wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:54 pm It takes literally one minute to renew the license right now. It's unbelievable at the level of bitching on KVR about it. . . it's been going on for months. Now Manuel won't even barely participate on KVR due to the level of abuse, and for me that's a real loss because I don't use Facebook.
Criticism is not bitching ... it is about a tendency to punish the legit users more and more for losses thru illegal versions. Codemeter dongle is a very strong copy protection and I'm fine with it. But it seems it is about preventing selling authorized dongles. A theoretical problem, at least I'm not responsible for.

It would just be nice to move past the Codemeter discussion at this point and talk about the synth itself again.

no. let's play a game and guess which cp v2.0 will use :D

FWIW I also haven't upgraded, it get's worse... I have 9 pre-paid expansion slots (before CP changed) that I haven't used yet. I also won't buy anything new from VPS as a result of the change to CP.

rlared wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:54 pm It's unbelievable at the level of bitching on KVR about it. . . it's been going on for months. Now Manuel won't even barely participate on KVR due to the level of abuse, and for me that's a real loss because I don't use Facebook.
That has nothing to do with "hardcore bitching" but especially license problems are annoying and Manual Schleis and the others there are full-time professionals and I think they can good with criticism. And it doesn't effect all users and Avenger get's compliments, too.

But here we are talking about the "last synth you will ever need" and high prices. So the demand is very high, too! And that's good for the developers, too. If they get all that criticism here fixed, Avenger could really become the last synth you will ever need! :D

Elysium.NZ wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:25 pm FWIW I also haven't upgraded, it get's worse... I have 9 pre-paid expansion slots (before CP changed) that I haven't used yet. I also won't buy anything new from VPS as a result of the change to CP.
Man the expansions are fantastic. That's a bummer. . . why not sell if you're not going to use it?

clipnotic wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:46 pm
rlared wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:54 pm It's unbelievable at the level of bitching on KVR about it. . . it's been going on for months. Now Manuel won't even barely participate on KVR due to the level of abuse, and for me that's a real loss because I don't use Facebook.
That has nothing to do with "hardcore bitching" but especially license problems are annoying and Manual Schleis and the others there are full-time professionals and I think they can good with criticism. And it doesn't effect all users and Avenger get's compliments, too.

But here we are talking about the "last synth you will ever need" and high prices. So the demand is very high, too! And that's good for the developers, too. If they get all that criticism here fixed, Avenger could really become the last synth you will ever need! :D
Every synth I buy is the last synth I'll need. . . until the GAS comes back

rlared wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:26 pm Every synth I buy is the last synth I'll need. . . until the GAS comes back
well, I have all synths I need for my genres but one I will buy anyway and this is the 1 Euro Genesis Pro from Ummet Ozcan and I will buy 10 licenses at a stroke! And you will see this synth will kill them all, tough SynthEdit! :D

EDIT:

And I will explain why it will kill them all and Avenger, too! Because that synth will cost just 1 Euro / Dollar, it will sell a million times, independently SynthEdit, 32 Bit ... And that will make it very interesting for thousands of sounddesigners because they will have many potential customers and that will make soundbanks cheap, too! And after some time you will get more soundbanks for it as for Sylenth and Serum together ... :clap: :wink: and if not, I just lost 10 Euro! :D

I have to periodically sign back into my computer, my email, heck, I have to unlock the door with a key so I can enter my own house! What is this world coming to!? But seriously, I see your point. I don’t think it is that big of a deal as these annoyances are part of the digital world.

I have to periodically sign back into my computer, my email, heck, I have to unlock the door with a key so I can enter my own house! What is this world coming to!? But seriously, I see the complainers points but it comes off as a bit much. I don’t think it is that big of a deal as these annoyances are part of the digital world.

Return to “Instruments”