Freakshow Industries: Dumpster Fire

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Dumpster Fire

question ye not the efficacy of the Crime Hole

Haha love these guys :D
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

WotEva wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:08 am Isn't it weird how with most companies we're like, "I'm not paying for that, I'll wait for a massive sale." But these guys say that you can take it for free if you want and they got us like, "Here's my money! Do you need a donation? I'll buy some $#!t twice!!!"😜
Nope, not weird at all. It's called marketing. Some do it wrong, some do it very right.

It's reverse psychology marketing.

Aside from the weird marketing they use, I don't see much difference between their plugs and what's already available. It seems to be pitch shifter and bit-crusher with some reverse delays. Maybe there's more to it that I'm missing?

SampleScience wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:51 pm Aside from the weird marketing they use, I don't see much difference between their plugs and what's already available. It seems to be pitch shifter and bit-crusher with some reverse delays. Maybe there's more to it that I'm missing?
"Maybe there's more to it that I'm missing?" Yes. The weird marketing. :phones:

Can't say I overly like the sales model, makes me feel cheap (deservedly) for not wanting to
pay what they are asking. Rather than pay what I want, I tend not to buy it at all. *shrugs

*I did it once, only because I bought one at full price in addition to it.

pekbro wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:31 pm Can't say I overly like the sales model, makes me feel cheap (deservedly) for not wanting to
pay what they are asking. Rather than pay what I want, I tend not to buy it at all. *shrugs

*I did it once, only because I bought one at full price in addition to it.
I took a pragmatic approach: I took them for their word. I bought Dumpster and BM at full price a year ago when I had cash flow. I was low on income recently so I decide to pay what I could then and pay the rest later. I paid $30, taking them at face value, and feel fine about it. Since then I found a good source of income and so I paid the rest ($20) recently. That's how I handeled it. I'd also feel fine if I felt a product was not worth the money they were asking and decided to pay less, after all they offer that option. I think it's fair - it should instill a sense of responsibility in the customer to be fair. It comes down to if you care about being a better person or not. It's on you. :tu:

Return to “Effects”