New FREE reverb: Dragonfly Reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice one. Thanks :tu:
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Turello wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:26 am
Michael Willis wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:35 pm
Turello wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:39 pm 32 bit pleaseee!!! ^_^
knossos wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:31 pm But please keep the good work, Ppl NEED 32 Bit !
I tried building a 32-bit windows version again, please try it:
https://github.com/michaelwillis/dragon ... /tag/2.0.0
Thanks Michael! At last don't work just on REAPER, others DAWS (Studio One and Nuendo) works perfectly... :tu:
Thank you very very much, Michael ! It (both Hall and Room) works perfectly in Reaper 5.9.6, Cantabile 2 2072, TB Minihost, and Ableton Live 9.7.5.
I know it's extra work and many developers already abandon 32 bit. Therefore it is great if some doesn't follow the trend ! Great Reverb !

thats a cool reverb i wil try it :D

I really love these reverbs..
Also the design is brilliant too - really easy on the eyes if you are staring at the screen for long periods.
Thanks - much appreciated!

Hi y'all, I'm working on Dragonfly Reverb again. There is a prerelease available: 2.9.1-beta. The Hall and Room reverbs are almost completely untouched, but there is a new plate reverb with three algorithms from Freeverb3, called Simple, Nested, and Tank. The Simple and Nested algorithms are two variations of NVerb; they were called A and B in NVerb's interface. The Tank algorithm is based on STRev. To better hear the differences between the algorithms, crank up the decay time a bit and it will be much more obvious.

Cool, this is one of my favorite reverbs already. Lets see if it blows the Arturia plate out of the water...

Neato thanks!

Wahooo! Dragonfly is becoming even better! Thank you! :clap:
free mp3s + info: andy-enroe.de songs + weird stuff: enroe.de

Pre-release 2.9.2-beta fixes a couple of bugs related to the High Cut and Low Cut dials: 2.9.0-beta and 2.9.1-beta would apply these two filters to the dry signal, and the plugin would often get into a state in which it would act like both the High Cut and Low Cut were turned all the way down.

Try 2.9.3-beta, it fixes another bug with the High Cut dial acting weird.

Thank you michael
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Now that the plate plugin has stabilized, I'm working on my other goal for v3: A stand-alone early reflections plugin. I've been wanting to do this ever since seeing Glenn Fricker's showcase in which he turned the late reverb level down to zero. The new plugin uses the same the early reflections algorithm as Dragonfly Room and Hall, but doesn't include a late reverb algorithm.

You will notice the "Reflection Type" menu, which wasn't available in the Hall or Room plugins. While digging around in Freeverb3's early reflections algorithm, I found that it contained several lists of numbers representing gain levels and delay times for different reflection patterns, but the Freeverb3 plugins only used one of those settings. I decided to expose some of the other ones, and indeed they result in quite different sounds. I made up names only vaguely related to how they sound, try them all! The one called "Concert Venue" is the one used in the Freeverb3 plugins as well as Dragonfly Room and Hall.

The color scheme is supposed to represent some of the pastel colors of early morning... I'm still trying to decide if I like it, but it will probably grow on me like the other plugins did.

Download the latest beta release here:
https://github.com/michaelwillis/dragon ... 2.9.4-beta

A release candidate for v3 is now available. I moved it out of beta as an indication that I'm not going to change the plugin parameters, which means that the two new plugins will remain backward compatible in future releases.

I still can't promise anything for the people who experienced crashes, but please let me know how it goes if you try this one.

Also the new manuals are drafted. They're not as involved as the manuals for Hall and Plate, since these new plugins are a lot more simple, but anybody inclined please take a few minutes and proofread them:

Dragonfly Plate Manual
Dragonfly Early Reflections Manual

Thank you ! That's a really nice reverb !

Thank you Michael ! Great Plate !!!!!

Return to “Effects”