New Sonic Arts Freestyle 1.5 is released. Kore style morphing incoming

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for the tip on how to open the GUIs directly. This was a big help.

It would still be nice to have a mouse-only way of doing this without the need to use a modifier key on the computer keyboard. I like to trigger keys on my controller with one hand and tweak parameters with the mouse using the other. The less I have to touch my computer keyboard the better.

I'll pass it on..

newsonicarts wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:08 am
Quinn3k3 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:00 am I agree with Trusampler on this. I just purchased Freestyle and I really like the program so far. Having the ability to have multiple GUIs open at the same time would be a huge workflow enhancement for me.

Also, I am not a huge fan of the extra preset window opening as the default double click action. Before you could double click to open the GUI directly. It would be great to be able to click an area of the thumbnail to go to the preset window and another area to go directly to the GUI.
You can use Alt+Click to open the editors directly. This also allows you to open multiple editor windows.
I would kinda love to be able to open the plugin editor directly without any additional keys pressed. Would be faster this way. :)

Maybe an option to flip the behavior?

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:06 pm
newsonicarts wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:08 am
Quinn3k3 wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:00 am I agree with Trusampler on this. I just purchased Freestyle and I really like the program so far. Having the ability to have multiple GUIs open at the same time would be a huge workflow enhancement for me.

Also, I am not a huge fan of the extra preset window opening as the default double click action. Before you could double click to open the GUI directly. It would be great to be able to click an area of the thumbnail to go to the preset window and another area to go directly to the GUI.
You can use Alt+Click to open the editors directly. This also allows you to open multiple editor windows.
I would kinda love to be able to open the plugin editor directly without any additional keys pressed. Would be faster this way. :)

Maybe an option to flip the behavior?
Same here. How about just a square or symbol in the corner to open the GUI directly and not the properties page? Or even flip those so that properties are a symbol in the corner and the thumbnail just opens the GUI. That would be better. I'd like to be able to open either without a modifier. Double click is fine.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As in: double click opens the plugin editor directly and alt-click opens the VST browser window?
Actually James will have much thought on this matter so I'll get him to comment.
Standby
Last edited by pinki on Wed Feb 19, 2020 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Or better a small clickable area to bring up either the GUI or the properties (whichever one the double click doesn't do).

Purchasing now thanks guys!! :tu:
I agree with the rest of the guys it would be nice to not have to use the keyboard to open the gui of our plugins directly. As this is just another step , looking forward to hearing back.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

:tu: :tu:

And I would STILL like an option to disable all UI animations (like menu fadein/fadeout which is horribly annoying and slows down workflow).

OK these points are duly noted but having just released 1.5 we will have to revisit them again soon!

Sounds good, quick question regarding snapshots, which is amazing by the way.

Is it possible to tag our snapshots? Or is more regarded as what's included in a project.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Just a reminder that the 1.5 release sale is still on and you can get Freestyle for €50 off.

trusampler wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:19 am Sounds good, quick question regarding snapshots, which is amazing by the way.

Is it possible to tag our snapshots? Or is more regarded as what's included in a project.
Snapshots are part of the Project (or Group) file. So you can't save them as files, so they can't be tagged. You can copy and paste them though if you want to transfer from one project to another.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Were can I find a list of all available shortcuts? For example I want to know what I can do quickly in the event player, how to move a play cursor so it will start playing from the point (mesure) I need? Is there a click (metronome) I can turn on in standalone version?

I think a better browser would be very helpful for Freestyle.
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Return to “Instruments”