THE Psytrance thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I use Kick2 and Bazzism, both are great, they sound a little different from each other but both really good. I guess loosely you could say Bazzism is a bit more analogue sounding and Kick2 a little more artificial in the highs. I mean with the pure sine without any clicks added. Both complement each other, depends on your vibe/track. Kick2 can throw out good sub though, has more weight down there if needed.

Funny thing is that when I talked with the dev of bazzism, he said that he made the vsti as stable and digital as possible, to please electronic musicians who want stable kick instead of analog :lol:

I use bazzism 2 too, it's great. Though I've been giving more and more use to d16 punchbox since the sound is more than just a sine thump.

To me it is a difference in the top and lower mids that seem to set them apart a bit, sound wise. Often Bazzism seems a bit thicker in the lower mids I think and Kick2 wins in the sub output department. Just depends what you need for any given track.

I haven't read the whole thread yet.

Any recommendations on trippy effects (which VST effect or how to make the effect)? -should I start a new thread?

I have AAS Objeq delay. I think its the only trippy effect I have.

please stop making Psytrance.

Daags wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:21 pm please stop making Psytrance.
who?

Spring Goose wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:28 pm
who?
everyone who makes it. everyone. even those who never share it. even those who only listen to their own creations on a pair of headphones.

just stop. please.

Daags wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:34 am
who?
everyone who makes it. everyone. even those who never share it. even those who only listen to their own creations on a pair of headphones.

just stop. please.
But why? :?:

SynapT!c wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:53 am
who?

just stop. please.
Because according to KVR the only allowed musical genres are synthwave and prog rock
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Thanks for your input in a psytrance thread :dog:
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

recursive one wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:02 am
who?

just stop. please.
Because according to KVR the only allowed musical genres are synthwave and prog rock
Thanks for clarifying. *Deletes all his Psy/Trance project files*

SynapT!c wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:44 am
recursive one wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:02 am
who?

just stop. please.
Thanks for clarifying. *Deletes all his Psy/Trance project files*
You don't have to. Just go though them and rename the synth tracks, e.g. call all the FM leads "warm Moog lead" and all the squelches "nice 80's pluck" etc. And then you may tell everyone that you are making syntwhave/prog rock fusion, it's just your synth settings are a bit unconventional.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Spring Goose wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:18 pm I haven't read the whole thread yet.

Any recommendations on trippy effects (which VST effect or how to make the effect)? -should I start a new thread?

Delays and pitch fx are a nice start. Polyverse does nice (and expensive) psy fx. G-sonique does nice and cheap fx.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:21 pm
Spring Goose wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:18 pm I haven't read the whole thread yet.

Delays and pitch fx are a nice start. Polyverse does nice (and expensive) psy fx. G-sonique does nice and cheap fx.
cool. thanks!

Spring Goose wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:18 pm Any recommendations on trippy effects (which VST effect or how to make the effect)? -should I start a new thread?
Maybe this
https://www.kvraudio.com/product/tantra-by-dmitry-sches

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”